DK in M+ (rage)

Watching other melee get +yds to their melee abilities or watching stuff like BM just absolutely shred without a care in the world while DK has to like gigabrain their DnD usage so they don’t gimp their cleave is just super enraging. Since like… WoD, Blizz has had an erection for just spamming the ground with garbage and calling it “mechanics”.

Trying to DPS on my DK during entanglement is cancer and then add in some zoomer tank who basically HAS to be moving at all times, casually pulling stuff out of DnD/away from it.

I want this misery to end, bros. I LOVE this class but I’m LOSIN’ IT BOYS

22 Likes

We really don’t. It’s pretty straight forward. It’s not good design but it’s not something difficult to do either, just tedious.

Skill issue.

Also skill issue as this doesn’t happen the higher you go up on keys.

Again, not defending DnD cleave (it should be removed entirely, especially for Frost) but most of these aren’t issues with DND but player issues.

4 Likes

Im good with DnD, kinda. Like, I would preffer that DnD would not cost a rune maybe? :sweat_smile:

That would not be an absurd change that would broken DK I guess, especially considering what they have done for other class specs in reworks.

Imo the rune isn’t an issue. The long CD is

6 Likes

Yes

I still do it, but that doesn’t mean it feels good when entanglement pops on my fresh DnD right as I’m ramping up. Still feels terrible to have to deal with then other classes have access to more accessible AOE

Use ams, or IBF.

Get used to standing on the edge of your dnd, this way if you have to drop crap it’s not covering the entirety of your cleave window.

I have a macro to drop at my feet and I know to just rotate a couple yards left or right shortly after because something is gonna make me.

I haven’t had a big issue, it’s just clunky compared to other classes. We have 2 different resources and multiple CDs to track before we get into a cleave window. The positional requirements on top are just meh. While warrior over here goes brrrr.

1 Like

Pretty much every spec just goes brrrrr, well except unholy that is, unironically; clunky setup needs to diaf just like ring of power and spirits of the wild.

You do have to gigabrain your dnd position because you have to either mind read the tank to know when and where they’re going to finally stop gathering mobs, or have your group’s route memorized while also thinking about the cd on affix things and be brain on for every mob ability that might force you to move. Ofc AMS allows us to ungabunga some of that but still, placing dnd does take forethought, knowledge, and just tank mind reading, vs. other classes just casting blizzard again, or hitting blade flurry on cd, or turning on starfall.

No sense in saying skill issue over a mechanic you don’t think is good, because that gives the devs more excuses to also just say “skill issue” too.

Personally I think if they made all DnD act like defile, that’d actually make frost and blood feel a lot better… but also only if they changed the particle too. Obvs itd be great to have Frost totally unlocked from dnd tho with a better flavored ability.

3 Likes

To be fair, at the level of play Placement of dnd is what’s holding you back on the meters, you should know the routes. Everbloom routes are pretty static now regardless of week. Even the 20 I ran this week saw some of the same pulls I’m used to even on fortified / bolstering.

I am hoping they redo our talents. If they do, defile imo should be in the general tree. The cleaving dnd thing overall still feels meh, but at least it would help.

Yes, complete aids week. Im pretty tired of hitting scourge strike and having nothing happen because im apparently not in range, even though my model is touching the mobs model. Just get rid of strict melee and give everyone a 2-3 yard boost.

Uh no. Entangling is cancer regardless of your skill level. Though maybe youre saying you dobt mind it because you just ignore it and get stunned, thus its a skill issue for you?

can’t really speak for M+, but in general this has been an issue we solved with self discipline: just because I am ready to go doesn’t mean this is the opportune time to drop DnD/Defile and go.

correct me if im wrong, but can’t you just leave and find a group with a better tank? as long as it isn’t your key?

1 Like

Imo for unholy remove the rune cost and cooldown of dnd.

For frost just remove dnd and let oblits cleave .

1 Like

I think this is bot a great solution. It would make the rotation for frost even more bland imo. They need to do something, but auto cleave imo isnt the answer. Then again, frost needs a rework in general.

You AMS and the stun doesn’t apply. If AMS is active before the debuff gets applied (and it’s pretty easy to have an idea when it’s going out since it’s on a 30/45s cadence) then it gets automatically removed.

So again, skill issue.

Ya cause burning every single ams on entangling is skillful. Wont need that for anything else.

2 Likes

DBM has an entanglement timer on it. May i suggest putting that somewhere quite obviously visible and not drop DnD when Entanglement has less than 8 seconds?

You’re not just “burning” AMS to avoid entangle, you’re using it at an optimal moment.

You only need DND for trash and most dungeons don’t have tons of spellcasting to worry about that could kill DKs, so you’re still not “burning” AMS. And AMS is an amlmost 600k absorb, so you can easily use it near the 3-5 second range of entangle, take a spellcast, and still be fine.

So again, clearly a skill issue.

1 Like