DK Class Changes First Alpha Pass

Or they like the spec in conjunction with the weapon.

2 Likes

Ahh, thats why they quit when the weapon went away and said its why they quit playing frost altogether. A weapon choice. At least a good portion of them said that.

Seriously look at what other people are saying.

K… I don’t understand your larger point.

So what.

1 Like

Are you arguing that if people didnt like DW Frost, they cant really actually like Frost as a spec altogether? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Are you arguing that there was a difference between 2h and DW in anything other than MoP and WoD? Guess what people that played DW in these because it was a the set that gave more damage, didnt like the playstyle due to ignoring a portion of the spec.

They completely destroyed that DW playstyle by the way.

Respectfully, I don’t understand your point or what you’re trying to argue with that post.

1 Like

Wow… it was pretty straight forward.

There is no need to be nasty. Were just having a conversation. I merely didn’t understand the larger point you are trying to express and/or how that meaningfully contributes to the larger discussion.

You talked about DW seemingly had some other type of playstyle people didnt like. While there was masterfrost and mastersimple, even DW players didnt like it. Prior to that the specs played the same and you wanted to do the same things.

For instance, with DW in Wrath, what did you want to use KM on? The answer is it didnt matter. KM happened so regularly, and the spec was different where you spent runes and while they recharged you spent runic power.

The rotation was pretty simple. Diseases up, blood strike to convert runes, obliterate obliterate, dump, obliterate obliterate obliterate, dump. And that kept going. You had the priority of diseases up and converting runes, as well as using rime when it procced, but KM was a 100% non issue. If it procced when you were on the obliterate portion of the rotation it would be used then, if it procced during the frost strike portion of the rotation it would be used on that. It was the same for 2h.

So, when it comes down to it people are limiting their experience to MoP and WoD, which WoD early on was Flavor of the Month because of the hilariously op obliterate crits and you didnt really have to be good to do it. Just press Obliterate. Just like cata blood with vengeance stacking. People were doing 2’s solo with blood getting pretty high rankings. Vengeance along with the improved death strike talent pushed it to levels that should have probably never been.

These things were problems.

Okay, but respectfully, the shortcomings of 2h or DW Frost in Wrath really doesn’t have any bearing whatsoever on what they will be in Shadowlands. Back then, Bliz was still dealing with talent trees for goodness sake :stuck_out_tongue:. I would imagine Bliz is not going to simply revert the specs back to what they were, 5+ years ago. Already Bliz has added frost damage to Obl, which is something they refuse4d to do previously. This indicates that they are seeking new answers to old problems.

Can you or soneone link the list of what we get at what lvl

Copy and paste from Wowhead

1 * Dual Wield (Passive)
3 * Death and Decay
8 * Veteran of the Third War (Passive)
10 * Howling Blast
10 * Mastery: Mastery: Frozen Heart (Passive)
11 * Frost Strike
13 * Runic Empowerment (Passive)
17 * Obliterate
18 * Dark Succor (Passive)
19 * Remorseless Winter
23 * Frost Fever (Passive)
23 * Killing Machine (Passive)
26 * Icebound Fortitude
28 * Death Strike (Passive)
29 * Pillar of Frost
31 * Rime (Passive)
34 * Remorseless Winter (Passive)
41 * Rime (Passive)
43 * Frost Strike (Passive)
44 * Frostwyrm’s Fury
48 * Empower Rune Weapon
49 * Pillar of Frost (Passive)
52 * Obliterate (Passive)
56 * Empower Rune Weapon (Passive)
58 * Killing Machine (Passive)

The second listing of any ability is the “Rank 2” version

1 Like

So I wonder what ability we’ll have other than AA DnD and HB till 11 when we get FS

FS should be 2 or 3 right?
Wait we start at 8 right? That’s still 3 lvls we need
Awesome list I’ll try looking for it when I get home

Curious about what part DnD will play for frost. It interacts with nothing for that spec. Boosts nothing. Expands nothing.

The ghoul + ghoul explosion thing makes sense. Call ghoul explode right before ghoul expires. Wonder what unholy will want to do with that though since they have the permanent ghoul.

heres the class list
|1||[Frost Breath
|1||[Parry Passive
|1||[Val’kyr (Passive)
|1||[Veteran of the Fourth War (Passive)
|2||[Death Coil our damage dealer
40 Runic Power 30 yd range

Instant cast
Fires a blast of unholy energy at the target, causing (50.3% of Attack power) Shadow damage to an enemy or healing an Undead ally for (265% of Attack power) health.
|4||[Death Strike
Death Strike

45 Runic Power Melee Range

Instant cast
Requires Death Knight
Requires level 4

Requires Melee Weapon
Focuses dark power into a strike

Frost
with both weapons, that deals a total of [(46.4256% of Attack power) + (29.835% of Attack power)]
|5||[Death Grip
|6||[Runeforging
|7||[Mind Freeze
|8||[Anti-Magic Shell
|10||[Death Gate
|12||[Raise Dead
|14||[Dark Command
|19||[Corpse Exploder
|21||[Chains of Ice
|22||[On a Pale Horse Passive
|27||[Path of Frost
|33||[Lichborne
|37||[Control Undead
|39||[Raise Ally
|47||[Anti-Magic Zone
|54||[Sacrificial Pact
|60||[Abomination Limb
|60||[Death Chakram
|60||Death’s Due passive
|60|Decimating Bolt
|60|Shackle the Unworthy
|60|Swarming Mist

What else are you going to do with obliterate to make it scale with the rest of the spec? Armor shred is really the only other option. The frost damage will keep it distinct enough but scale better.

One other thing to look at is Frostscythe. Right now with my mastery level with km procs it does a good chunk of damage to where the one rune spent does more damage than half an obliterate crit which costs 2 runes. This should keep Frostscythe as the cleave ability unless high mastery levels.

Looking at numbers at this point is pointless though.

Looks like second alpha pass nerfed amz to 20% from 60

it was only a matter of time. tho we can still use amz and ams at the same time right?

hopefully they make AMZ 60% in pvp

Looks like fat obliterates are back on the menu boys

4 Likes