DK Class Changes First Alpha Pass

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311908/new-class-abilities-shadowlands-alpha-build-9-0-1-33978

Unholy Pact-Dark Transformation creates an unholy pact between you and your pet, igniting flaming chains that deal (10% of attack power) Shadow damage to enemies between you for 15 secs. While active, your Strength is increased by 8%. Tier 7 Talent, in place of Unholy Frenzy.

Helchains built into a talent, +8% strength increase.

Killing Machine Your next Obliterate also deals Frost damage. whut neat, but how much???

Rime Increases Howling Blasts damage done by an additional 150% uhhhh i hope that goes back to 300 or more. howling blarg indeed

2 Likes

It looks like DK is going to be interesting this expansion. Hopefully they make UF baseline.

Hypothermic Presence Embrace the ice in your veins, reducing the Runic Power cost of your abilities by 35% for 8 sec. Does not trigger the global cooldown. mmm ok thats way shorter than id though it would be

Doesn’t list the cd though. It could be a 20-30 second cd.

Also, they brought back the heal for death coil on undead targets. So maybe now we have lichborne passively we can have Death Coil healing us again?

Lichborne is also changed from live. Doesn’t reduce move speed and gives us 10% leech while active. If it does all of that plus we can heal ourselves in emergencies with it, it’s going to be broken. Which means it’s likely to get nerfed lol.

Looks like rune strike is back in addition to what was announced

edit- Also from what I think I’m seeing, 2h gains 20% more damage with obliterate, while dual wielding gets 20% more damage to frost strike.

2 Likes

Really impressed with changes thus far.

Looks like rune strike is back in addition to what was announced

It says removed under its tooltip on wowhead. Is there somewhere else saying it is back?

Also there’s a nice tidbit on the raise dead ability’s string… It seems that abomination will be glyphable to it!

2h and DW have separate attack power values for frost’s abilities. BIG OBLITS ARE BACK ON THE MENU

8 Likes

Profession changes are up as well as the cloak transmogs. Wow these things look amazing.

welp Pof went from 15 to 10

Spell # doesn’t exist. It may have been removed from the game.
Only means wowhead hasn’t made a page for it yet, you can see the same for every added ability.

Ah thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

not sexy Frostscythe will so far have a cap of 5

i guess to give way for dnd???

Another thing to note, deathcoil is now on all specs with the returned function of healing undead

1 Like

Yes, also the wording makes it seem like we might be able to heal ourselves with Lichborne active.

Lichborne grants 10% leech while active and no longer reduces move speed while active.

Also all classes are having abilities with target caps. Blade Dance for DH for example is capped at 5 like frostscythe.

grats unholy your mastery includes your minions now so army might be beefier now

2 Likes

Holy crap the Maw raid Plate set.

1 Like

DC heals undead again thats HUGE!!!

2 Likes

It is for the reasons I mentioned above :slight_smile: And Lichborne is baseline with 10% leech wihle active