DK Class Changes First Alpha Pass

By rank you mean get it later as we level or have to hunt down gear to get the next rank. If latter I’m not that excited about that

If they keep reducing it sooner or later they will say its clutter and take it away

These largely look excellent.

Couple these with new covenant abilities/talent trees…it could add a lot of spice back to a lot of specs.

hmm kinda sucks it looks like we are losing frenzy and initially it showed we are keeping magus but it looks like we are only keeping it in the form of a talent choice not baseline. then instead of coil reducing army and apoc its only going to reduce transform? on top of this we are also getting capped to 8 targets which kinda removes our nich and puts our aoe on par with say a furry warrior who kills us in single target. doesn’t look like much that will bring up our single target dps so idk. the spec looks good but if this stays I can see it being a overall nerf to the current uppermid area unholy is holding right now…

This will be affected by mastery, my favorite.

1 Like

We get it as we level, level 31 for Rime Rank 1, level 41 for Rime Rank 2. We’ll be at 50? for the start of shadowlands, so we should notice no changes to our Rime.

What? There is zero indication that we are losing frenzy. Only that it is swapping places with Unholy Pact on the 100 talent row. And Magus is baked into Apocalypse and AotD in shadowlands. The only talent related to either of those is Army of the Damned. It very well could be we get Frenzy baseline.

Did you read anything posted? DC and epidemic will both reduce the cd on army/apoc.

Also the only thing currently capped at 8 targets for unholy is bursting sores, a talent. Nothing in current build for unholy besides that has a target limit. Also, mastery now increases our damage and minion damage so our single target will see a boost.

DW is still going to scale well, with KM also giving Frost Damage, DW boosting that damage by 15%, and more damage on Frost Strike along with Razorice, nothing has really been solved. Its WoD all over again, and DW inevitably pulled ahead.

If the differences arent addressed then the same thing is going to happen time and time again.

Also just looked through that page and if 2h is the "(88.8% of attack power)/1.48 and the DW one is 60% of attack power, that /1.48 brings the damage down to… tada 60% attack power.

I also see nothing that says 2h does more damage with Obliterate and DW does more damage with Frost Strike.

The only thing I see is with Frost Strike listing "weapon dealing 45.88% of attack power as Frost damage, and then both weapons dealing a total of 31% attack power + 31% attack power.

If someone can point to something that does say 2h gets this boost and DW gets this boost ill look at it.

A++
Lichborne having leech also sounds amazing

I dont see Obliterate having 20% more damage for 2h over DW in those patch notes.

I see people probably looking at 88.8% attack power vs 60% attack power, but they completely skipped over the 88.8% having another part to it where you divide that by 1.48.

So 10k attack power as a base. 88.8% of that is 8880 and then if you divide that by 1.48 like it says you get 6000. 60% of 10k is 6000. Looks equal to me unless someone can point out some other information I missed.

So Two Handed will not be lagging behind Dual Wield. :sunglasses:

Honestly, I am getting the feeling Bliz is going to shift to 2h being the main focus of DKs after all this theme talk and given the fact that every single DK in the new starter zone is a 2h DK.

Only time will tell. But I love the direction it is going.

1 Like

Yes, it will. KM gives Obliterate a Frost component that Razorice will increase by 15%.

Unless they mess with runeforges I agree how will 2H compete with DW having 2?

There are so many ways they can tweak this to be relatively balanced. I bet 2H will actually come out ahead by the time they are done tweaking. That is my prediction: either balanced to within a fraction of a percent or 2H out ahead.

I also predict some sick frosmourne looking 2H sword mogs to come…

Please, Lord God
https://imgur.com/a/JqdpX

2 Likes

I just dont see what they could do other than to address the differences. 2h would need basically a 15% damage increase on most of their abilities, double the chance that it has to proc KM. If thats the case just make a runeforge, limit DW to main hand only KM procs.

I am certain they will one way or another. But I still think whatever they do decide to do, will result in the 2 being the same or 2H being stronger. Just a hunch.

They could, or they could just say “you guys just wanted the aesthetic” and do absolutely nothing. Since that was an argument going on for some time, even now quite a few people say they dont care about balance.

I think it is fairly obvious they are not just allowing DKs to use 2handers as an aesthetic. I think Bliz is shifting to a more 2H focused DK, overall, while still allowing DW.

Just look at the new DK starter zone. Even Darion Mograine was using a 2hander.

3 Likes