Disney Blizzard... Let's be thankful these 2 words are not together

Bro just say you’re a bigot and get it over with if you’re complaining about that Acolyte episode

5 Likes

I honestly don’t get what the hate is about. The Coven clearly is similar to the concepts used for Dathomir Force Witchcraft. My guess is the head of that Coven spent a bit of time on Dathomir itself.

2 Likes

Its just people who hate star wars who finally have their hands on it and want to ride the coattails of something that used to be good to push their garbage agendas and bad writing.

2 Likes

It was a remake of Empire Strikes back where the resistance gets knocked on its butt and sets up drama for the next movie to ignore to do something stupid instead.

Was it a secret, or did Ego pilot decide that because he wasn’t cleared for the info he could go around his chain of command because he’s the most importantest boy?

Lando call back to empire.

Oh no, Luke went all cynical old master who lost his idealism, how horrible.

Eh, not really explained, but “old master uses the last of his strength to save the heroes” isn’t exactly that unknown a story trope.

yeah, that was a little out of left field.

1 Like

Wait, you guys got your hands on the franchise?

1 Like

Nope. But people like you sure did.

They could have made a movie about the Yuzhan Vong if the franchise hadn’t been sold to Disney…

2 Likes

That would have been cool if they expanded upon it, but I don’t remember ever seeing him again.

2 Likes

It’s fascinating to me that you can basically tell how terrible a person is based on their stance on Disney. Instead of criticizing it for being a soulless corporation that exists to enrich its shareholders at the expense of everyone else, we have to constantly hear meaningless twaddle about spooky agendas™. Which usually boils down to “they dared to feature people and themes that I despise.”

8 Likes

Well I mean, they did go and listen too much to the idiots whining about the woke in the 2nd movie so they went with the nonsense of the 3rd.

3 Likes

That’s Fair.

1 Like

Can you not dislike them for both?

3 Likes

You can. But that’s where the “terrible person” part comes in. The people who constantly whine about having to see women in Star Wars aren’t usually the ones who talk about the company’s harmful business practices, though. Outside of…you know…having the temerity to hire women for Star Wars stuff, instead of hiring the men who are * obviously * more qualified.

2 Likes

It’s just getting tiresome with a lot of media, and SW in particular to find people just talking about the actual media and not a bunch of grifters or people taken in by them that have no actual interest in the media but use it to push a far right culture war narrative. I want to hear people’s likes and dislikes without the noise of someone acting like a character that fits perfectly into whatever story is only there b/c of some noise they’re upset about like their gender, skin color or whatever talking point is making the most ad revenue lately.

2 Likes

Disney still has to be a lot racist and sexist though right? Actually might be a better game. xD

1 Like

Was just remembering things, and wasn’t that plan only needed because the pilot decided that it was better to sacrifice all the space-B29s despite orders so they didn’t have them to use anymore, and because of that he wasn’t exactly first in line to get to get consulted by command on what they do next?

(And what, did they lose the technology of B-wings since Return? I mean, I was able to solo Star Destroyers with those babies in the X-Wing expansion pack back in the day. Powerful bombers AND fighters and not just sitting target space carpet bombers.)

3 Likes

Yes. They lost a fleet of bombers to take out 1 star destroyer that was replaced almost immediately by another.

1 Like

This is not an endorsement of this thread, but I do agree with this right here. RIP Anakin, Jaina, and Jacen Solo. RIP Luke’s New Jedi Order. RIP Mara Jade.

3 Likes

I had forgotten that people complained about Rey essentially being the Luke of this triology and disliking Finn fir being a “black storm trooper”.

I just wish they would write good stories and leave all the BS aside.

Oh and that they weren’t a souless entrainment monopoly slowly but surely goobling up any decent franchise out there and gouging its fans at its parks.

1 Like

Although it also means thankfully RIP Luuke

I had really hoped that this latest trilogy was going to be based on Heir to the Empire.

3 Likes