Discoverer's Delight and Nightmare Incursions Adjustments Coming - Week of 4/8

Greetings,

We’ve been having a blast watching everyone enjoying themselves in Nightmare Incursions over the past few days, but we wanted to give you a little bit of advanced notice for a change we plan to make early next week and give you a bit of an explanation of our reasoning and how we decided on this adjustment.

We always intended for Nightmare Incursions to be a very valuable source of experience, but one thing we didn’t intend was that they would be so much better than most other forms of experience gain between level 40 and 50. We have become concerned that Nightmare Incursions may overshadow most other activities in the game in their current form, and while we are all having a lot of fun, we’d hate for folks to feel like they need to entirely eschew the rest of the level 40 to 50 level-up content for the entire phase.

As a result, we will be making an adjustment on Monday to increase the magnitude of Discoverer’s Delight’s XP buff. We are still working through the percentages we will adjust, but we are likely going to increase the level 40-49 buff from 50% bonus experience from all sources to around 75% or slightly more. To offset this, we will be reducing the amount of experience gained from mission quests in Nightmare Incursions.

One thing to note is that while we will reduce experience from Nightmare Incursions missions, the creatures within the Nightmare themselves are still impacted by Discoverer’s Delight. As a result they will become more lucrative as well with this adjustment and they already have a higher than normal multiplier on their XP gain. This will serve to make kill quests within the dream more lucrative compared to the other types of collection or interaction quests, which we feel also helps correct an imbalance there as well.

Ultimately we love Nightmare Incursions and think they are a flavorful, fun addition to Season of Discovery, but we totally recognize that they run the risk of “too much of a good thing” and becoming stale to players, particularly leveling multiple characters as they are currently such a strong source of experience. We feel that this is the best compromise to keep incursions rewarding while also encouraging participating in questing and dungeons without feeling like you are leaving so much efficiency on the table.

We wanted to let you know this ahead of time however, so if you are enjoying Nightmare incursions as-is, you can continue as you have been throughout the rest of the weekend before we offset some of these xp gains to other activities.

We again want to thank everyone for participating in our wild season of discovery experiment with us. We go into each phase with ambitious plans but sometimes some aspects of the game have some rough edges that require us to make adjustments on the fly to correct outliers like this. As always, we appreciate your patience as we write the story of Season of Discovery together with you.

We can’t wait for more of you to get into Sunken Temple this weekend and are eager to share more information with you on our plans for Phase 4 as we get closer to that release.

Thank you, and have a great weekend.|

-The WoW Classic Dev Team

24 Likes

buff cozy sleeping bag

26 Likes

What about the 100’s of gold people made from it yesterday, if not more then a thousand?

39 Likes

I see what you guys are getting at here… however, people will just continue to dungeon spam for better xp in this case, and will take the place in overshadowing other activities from the 40-50 experience. I personally quest, do dungeons and dabble in the incursions, but i think itll just force people back into dungeons if the xp is more efficient there again. Guess we will have to wait to see how much of an impact is has once changes go live.

3 Likes

By the weekend this wont matter for 75% of the playerbase.

12 Likes

Great question. Anytime a blue wants to respond that would be nice

5 Likes

Sweet! That was pretty fast.

1 Like

p3 is worse than p2 prove me wrong

24 Likes

ok but one thing about this post is literally nobody was having “a blast” or “fun” with this garbage content

46 Likes

Whats amazing is you guys had the formal in phase 1. Easy raid, easy leveling and basically optional pvp and easy runes to get for the most part. Then you went and did the opposite of that the next two phases and its a clown show.

28 Likes

Yep, screw people like me i guess for being abroad while they drop the most horrendous phase launch yet, thats ok i get to come back to every abused avenue being nerfed and play with all these forums whiners while we take 2 hours to clear a dungeon (theyre having fun atleast!)

Fyi ill be grinding ogres for 15 hours instead of carrying these people through rfd

3 Likes

Need to be a daily limit or weekly, this is absurd…if not now, when you do classic + please, there is no reason to go outside the incursions, almost as bad as garrisons in WoD

6 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t release patches based on an individual player being ABROAD. Don’t make me laugh man, the world doesn’t revolve around your schedule lol

5 Likes

Can I just log in and be 50? Patch isn’t even a week old and you’re increasing the xp buff that isn’t even needed lol. I know you don’t want to PTR anything cause it might spoil the fun of “discovering” but honestly no one discovers anything, only a very small amount of people, most just wait for the info to appear on wowhead. A PTR would have caught that incursions were WAY over tuned on xp and gold, numerous bugged quest, and the tuning of the raid…

17 Likes

This is why they need a PTR. They justify not doing it by telling us it’s in the spirit of discovery, but that’s nonsense. All their content is datamined before patch day, and guides are available on day one. They aren’t capable of balancing this stuff in-house. That gold gift to the hardcore players was silly. It’s pretty much what killed New World’s economy at release… gold was dupable and there was crazy inflation making most items unaffordable for people that actually legit play the game at a healthy pace.

5 Likes

Why mess with EVERYTHING else when you can just nerf the new nightmare stuff? Having a massive xp bonus all the time just makes the game a joke. I thought Classic was supposed to be more about the journey and not just insta-endgame like retail?

14 Likes

Please realise i was using being abroad as an example of not being able to participate, im sure you can think for yourself a few other reasons why people arent able to play in the first week :slight_smile:

Im not expecting blizzards patches to cater to individuals, which is why this NERF that INDIVIDUALS were asking for is the only absurd thing in this thread, if people dont want to do incursions, then dont do them? Apply the same logic behind parses to levelling and youll enjoy your time enough to not need to post on the forums.

4 Likes

And Blizzard shouldn’t be releasing a patch where only the people who play in the first 6-8 hours benefit. Dont make me laugh man. The game shouldn’t revolve around the unemployed sweaties lol…

16 Likes

Leveling is the worst part of this game, let those who hate the time dump level easily. We still pay our sub, stop making leveling trash!

4 Likes