Disconnected while fishing - with a permanent ban?

Hi,

I was fishing from my OneXPlayer using remote software from my PC so i could stream world of warcraft. I was clicking to fish from my device when i got disconnected and informed that i was “botting”. I was not botting and am confused by what happened here. I have been an active subscriber since wow was first released 20 years ago and would never bot on my account. Me and my brothers have been working hard at leveling up fishing on our WOTLK classic characters over the past few days and this has come as a HUGE blow.

PLEASE can you review this decision and overturn it? I reviewed before using my remote software to use my remote device to fish in wow, and did not find anything indicating that streaming wow to my portable while working is against the rules.

I have spent countless hours in game, and me and my brothers have played this account since the beginning. PLEASE can you overturn this decision for us?? I did not see any message in game while clicking on my device, the window just closed and notified me that my account is permanently closed! I do not understand why this would happen after being such a loyal customer for two decades! PLEASE help me.

I have opened a ticket to appeal. PLEASE help! =(

An appeal ticket is the correct thing to do if you feel an account action is in error. It will be reviewed.

10 Likes

I’m sorry to say but, that kind of thing isn’t allowed. It can easily be abused to let other people play someone’s account.

7 Likes

That might be your issue right there. Pretty sure you’re not allowed to use streaming software to access your account.

That being said, keep in mind that your actions at the time of the account action likely had nothing at all to do with the account action. Account actions take time to be investigated.

The team that goes over appeals, doesn’t do so via the forums though, so it’s good that you have a ticket in. You’ll need to wait on that ticket.

9 Likes

I didn’t find anything on TOS before using it. I am very careful with this account as I have played regularly since original classic! 22 near max lvl toons in live, 11 70+ toons in classic… i’m not allowed to play wow on on my onexplayer? So many do this on youtube etc… how is this illegal?

And for a 20 year account, why not just tell me i can’t and give me a suspension? A perma ban with zero warning? wow…

They don’t tend to do that when there’s the possibility of botting. The appeal is the right thing to do though so that they can have another look into the account action.

9 Likes

Me and my brothers have been taking turns to get our toons to max lvl fishing, we have been online a lot to get this knocked out. But neither of us saw any form of chat come in pinging us.

we wanted to start fishing dailies across our 11 toons in classic and wanted to hit 450 fishing on our toons before taking this on. All i can assume is they saw the amount of time online and assumed “bot” without talking…

Cloud Computing: Use the Platform, including a Game, in connection with any unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services, or any software or service designed to enable the unauthorized streaming or transmission of Game content from a third-party server to any device.

10 Likes

That’ll do it…

7 Likes

a perma ban for a 20 year non-stop paid subscriber though when i wasn’t even botting… this seems extreme, no?

File an appeal. Punishments have to be harsh for people to get the message and hint.

3 Likes

what would be considered authorized? I was using remote desktop, is that unauthorized? This is a microsoft extension service… hardly equates to botting which is what i was banned for.

I hate to tell you, but that’s also a violation of the rules. You are not allowed to share your account with your brothers and they’re not allowed to access it.

Your only option though is the appeal you have open.

13 Likes

Basically yes.

5 Likes

How long are appeals? Last time i submitted a in-game ticket for a loot related issue, i didn’t get a reply for 2.5 months…

IT can be used for such, which they have to action for. Along with that, folks was trying to bypass the wait time to log onto the servers when Dragonflight came out. So, in the end, it’d fall under such, along with it being open for abuse.

Are…are you all sharing your accounts to do this? Apologies if you’re not, but something about the way this is worded made me think it.

No, time online means nothing. It’s most likely using unauthorized programs to stream the game to another device.

The length is not really something we the players can comment on. But the number of years you’ve been playing is irrelevant. If you break the rules after 20 years, or on Day One of a new account, it’s treated the same.

10 Likes

I don’t think that tickets have ever been at the 2.5 month mark, not even recently.

That said, I believe you could be looking at a wait of several days. Possibly 9-10 if tickets are still in that range (though a Blue can correct me if I’m wrong).

7 Likes

Your not gona get a answer on whats acceptable the articles linked have as much information thats needed.

1 Like

That alone is reason for account closure.

Blizzard does not allow account sharing, gifting, transfer, or sales. You and your brothers can not play on the same Battlenet account.

8 Likes