Directors back Bobby

Blah blah blah blah.
Read what and to whom I was replying to.
If you are supporting someone as ceo, doesn’t mean you yourself are ‘abusing’. Nothing was said of being complicit and there is no evidence they even knew of anything until now so get over yourself.

You seem upset. Here, have a snickers. You’re not you when you’re hungry.

I’m not, I just expect people to bother paying attention to what I was replying too before knowingly being wrong and accusing others of being complicit without any facts laid out on their behalf.

I didn’t accuse anyone of anything. Right now all there is to go by is a lot of “ifs”. I was speaking on a hypothetical situation, though I still believe it to be the true one. Hopefully we will know more as the situation develops.

1 Like

He needs to go. As long as he is in charge, any promises to change the culture are empty and meaningless virtue-signaling.

3 Likes

I hope he does go.
You have others that have been asked to step down when being involved in such actions/behavior. The CEO knowingly is aware of it, involved somehow, and I know he’ll fight tooth and nail to stay in power but it seems hypocritical if he doesn’t do something he’s done, that he’s asked or forced the hand on other employees.

But I do agree he needs to go.

1 Like

If this really bothers you this much, you may not want to look into the history of companies who have made other products you enjoy…

1 Like
  • California’s Department of Fair Employment and Housing investigation
  • U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigation
  • Class-action suit from shareholders for violation of federal securities laws.
  • Unfair labor practice investigation

In addition to all of the sexual assualt and abuse complaints that are now coming out along with their token hire quitting for being a token hire.

Shareholders now have a great case for governance failure and can/will go after the board.

In fact, it’s already started. Large blocks of shareholders are now calling for the boards chairman and lead independent director to be fired as well as kotick. if they don’t they’re threatening not vote for reelection of ANY board member.

You white knight fanbois sure are delusional.

2 Likes

Who is white knighting, I think you use that term loosely.

DO you own Nike or Apple products? The slave / children labor creeps. Kotick might be a real creep I actually dont know with this woke cancel culture stuff…but if i were totally woke …I’d have to throw out all my crap.

Where is Ca on all the other companies that exploit kids and use slave labor? When a company get singled out it looks like a witch hunt.

Not true. Even if Blizzard actually sold out, they still maintained their normal operations for a good many years. It is probably WoD or Legion when the activision claws really took hold.

And even if, by some miracle, Blizzard got free of Activision, there is 0% chance the game will ever return to “the good old days”. Chief of which is the people in charge are the exact types of people who want and push for this type of game design. You got a mythic raiding tryhard and booster as the actual president in charge of Blizzard and the WoW game director (the highest day to day and long term position for WoW itself) as a has been mythic raiding tryhard.

You want the game to go back to the good old days? You need a top to bottom cleanse of leadership and people taking their place that values casuals and a solid and robust MMO/open world instead of raid or die types.

Not in the USA. Capitalism above all else.

Companies are people too
Companies too big to fail
Deregulation
See case of Purdue pharma
Military industrial complex sending boys to die for nothing but profits.

It’s too late.

You’re gonna have to pay up, then, because most of the Blizzard “old guard” were also involved.

Ok get Bobby…but lets also go after the CEO that allowed benzene in their sunscreen…

It’s fairly obvious of the ones who are in this thread dipsht.

I mean there is history and there is what is happening right now. There is what is public and what is hidden.

Can I assume every organization does something I disagree with? Yeah.

Am I happy when it’s in my face constantly that I’m spending money that goes toward a $154m salary for a guy covering up rape? Not so much.

Your reading way too much emotion into my sentiment.

I’m disappointed because I found out something I enjoy was made by people who act in a way I find disgusting. The company promised change, and now we are finding out the guy who said he was going to change things knew about it all along, and was likely covering up the bad actions.

—-

Really though, my OP was just frustration that even though I didn’t like SL at the start, I was just getting into it now, and now I have a bad taste in my mouth from the current revelations. Takes some of the joy out of it for me.

Nice, you can’t explain yourself and you resort to name calling.
Very mature! :roll_eyes:

Those are the same people expecting help (monetarily) from the government, and probably their parents as well. The same people that walk out of their work while millions of people worldwide, people who more than likely haven’t done anything morally objectionable (on this level), are expecting them to do their jobs, and fix the (many) issues in their games. No, I suspect at least big portion of the people walking out are looking for a day off, and money isn’t even an afterthought to them.

These walkouts remind me of Dennis and Mac from it’s always sunny going to a clinic protest to pick up girls. Dennis isn’t getting anywhere picking up the ladies (obviously), so Mac tells him to climb the fence and come over to his side. He is then bombarded with eggs and vegetables, and everything goes horribly wrong from there. This is what I’m seeing in my head. 60% of the people caring, and the other 40% trying to look like they care so they can get something for themselves.

1 Like

4.8m votes out of 779m.

.6ish percent

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2021/11/17/bobby-kotick-resignation-shareholders/

1 Like

Bobby doesn’t give a damn about us… We are consumers, we buy his products no matter what’s going on at HQ. He doesn’t give a damn his employees, to him, they can easily replace. All he cares about is what’s in our wallet.