Did not get Timewalker Invitation =(

Hello again!

For some reason I cannot swap to the character with the issue, but her name is Moonveil on Sisters of Elune.

I opened my Anniversary present and only got Timewarped Badges, fireworks and another white item that I cannot remember, but she did not get the invitation from the Timewalkers =(

I’m not sure what to do about this…I really wanted to do the event with her, as she is my main. I searched her bank and bags, wondering if maybe I had one from last year…but nothing =(

I also can’t seem to queue for Korroks Revenge (Or I may have forgotten where to queue for it!)

A Timely Invitation is a one-time quest. It’s a breadcrumb that leads you to the Caverns of Time to partake in festivities. Since your character previously completed this quest, they don’t receive it again.

You can just need to travel to the Caverns of Time.

This is a separate issue. We’ve seen reports that queuing has been inconsistent. It’s being investigated.

4 Likes

Yay! Thank you =D!

What if I deleted the quest on accident, now I’m stuck in timewalking, I went to chromie an she doesn’t have it for me to repick up or turn in. I can’t go into instances or anything.

I think you’re confusing the topic here. This post is regarding “A Timely Invitation” which is offered to a character when they open their Anniversary mail. Your character is currently on that quest. It is just a “Go see Chromie in the Caverns of Time” directions quest.

It does not place you in timewalking and does not affect your access to dungeons.

You may be experiencing something else, discussed here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/level-50-stuck-timewalking/702923/4

3 Likes

What about the experience gift disappearing when you log out?

You would want to file a bug report if something is not working as expected. This post is just for information on the quest “A Timely Invitation”.

2 Likes

I didn’t get the Chromie invite either, and standing in front of her down in COT she…doesn’t have anything. Not even a dialogue box. No quests, nothing. Super frustrating because I don’t even know what I’m supposed to be looking for. People talk about world bosses to kill and a quest from chromie but I don’t know how to get it.

You can learn about the Anniversary event from the official news post:

2 Likes

Respectfully? That post is full of inaccuracies.

“Item to increase experience and reputation gains by 16% for 1 hour” It doesn’t last for 1 hour. I’ve had mine up and running for about 5 hours now. I assume it lasts the duration of the event.

“and a “Letter from the Timewalkers,” which will start a new quest leading you to either Orgrimmar or Stormwind.” I didn’t get that quest in my Celebration Package (the whole point of this thread) and there appears to be no way to get a second copy.

" Return to Alterac Valley of Olde" Except you can’t even queue for it because of an error.

“Players level 30 and above can take on Lord Kazzak, Azuregos, and one of the four Dragons of Nightmare each day for some loot and 50 Timewarped Badges.” Where are they? How do you get to them? Would Chromie maybe be telling me if I’d gotten my invitation? Right now she won’t even talk to me - the version of her in COT or the one in Stormwind.

You do understand why people are confused and frustrated, right? And on top of everything, my progress with Korrak’s revenge from last year seems to have been wiped completely. That’s probably intentional but it was very disappointing.

Feedback on the linked post belongs in this thread:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/celebrate-16-years-of-world-of-warcraft/704632

1 Like

Blizzard can’t tell you how to do everything. Sometimes you got to get out and explore, to uncover the adventure.

3 Likes

This does appear to be outdated and we’ve passed along that feedback. Thankfully, the in-game buff doesn’t have a duration so this point in the blog isn’t causing too much confusion.

I’ve addressed this a couple of times already in this thread. The quest is a breadcrumb leading you to the Caverns of Time. It can only be completed once by a character, similar to other quests in WoW. And has no impact on other elements of the event. It’s simply there to provide direction for players who haven’t done it before.

This doesn’t make the blog inaccurate. Many are able to queue, some are not. It’s being investigated, but the blog is there to provide details on what’s available during the event.

This is addressed at the beginning of the blog:

In addition, questgivers Historian Llore and Historian Ju’pa will have two daily quests that give players a chance to earn additional Timewarped Badges either by answering World of Warcraft trivia or by defeating some familiar foes. Collectors will also have a chance to pick up a few pieces of classic loot from defeating them.

Emphasis mine here. These “familiar foes” are later elaborated on in the section of the blog you quoted.

For example, Historian Ju’pa for the Horde offers the quest “The Originals” where you’re tasked with defeating these older bosses.

It’s possible that was intended, but I am not sure. I’d file a bug report on it and the QA team can review it.

It’s understandable to be confused. World of Warcraft is a very large game with a lot of moving pieces. Part of the game is exploration, and part of exploring is investigating elements you may not be familiar with.

Never hesitate to ask questions, be it on the forums or in-game. I’ve watched a number of conversations play out in-game where folks were asking about these quests in the Caverns of Time and being given direction from others who were familiar with the workings of the event.

4 Likes