Did Elune save Tyrande?

“The road to Hell is easily travelled. It’s the arrival and the accommodations that take their toll.”

huh, I’ve never heard that proverb that way before. Usually the proverb goes “The road to Hell is paved with good intentions and the road back is paved with humility.” which means something wildly different than your use of the proverb. it’s supposed to be how even when we try to do good we can end up doing bad. which is far more in context with the subject matter.

Maybe vengence isn’t what’s best for Tyrande, and she’s blinded by it. Maybe Elune is just walking her off the ledge because she doesn’t want Tyrande to sacrifice herself for revenge. I would like to believe this is the truth as opposed to Elune not wanting Tyrande to win.

That proverb you quoted is correct. I was just using a book quote to highlight that the biggest price for evil is usually hidden.

1 Like

What that would be would be genocide against innocents. It isn’t at all clear that killing people who haven’t wronged you is even vengeance, but just racist hatred. Pointing out that she the didn’t do that is hardly any sign that she isn’t going for vengeance, just that she didn’t turn into an evil monster.

You seem to thing her being willing to sacrifice herself makes it heroic. But if you sacrifice yourself for you own desires, that isn’t heroism.

Her approach isn’t about stopping Sylvanas for the greater good, like a hero. She might have been able to stop Sylvanas or at least save the Sigil, if she hadn’t been obsessed with her being the one to kill Sylvasnas. She literally puts others in danger because of this.

Everything is about Tyrande getting back at her. I mean, she basically admits it. She herself calls it vengeance.

[Deleted is a long hypothetical of Anduin sacrificing himself to stop an old got that has destroyed stormwind.]

Well, you brought up Anduin because, in situations like this he thinks of everyone and is concerned with stopping the threat, rather than his emotional desire to get back at the party. Tyrande is, more or less, doing the opposite.

If he were to go off on his own, rather than cooperate with others (who were also wronged) to do the best job of actually stopping the old god. And instead selfishly feels he should kill the old god without any help from others, then yes, that would be vengeance.

1 Like

Anduin. M … no.
It is good to think about the common good, to follow the “right” path. But only as long as you struggle with those to whom you are … indifferent? Not sure if this is the correct word.
What is Anduin doing with the Horde? Forgives and gives a chance. He gives the night elves refuge. Okay, if all sides play “right” then this is the “right” decision.

What did Anduin do to prevent the Fifth War? Believe the words of the Horde “The Horde has changed”?

I’m not doing well.

Why should the night elves pay for peace with the Horde when they suffer the most from it? Of course, “even” distribution of resources and territories is “correct”. Yes. Yes…
Why should only the resources of northern Kalimdor be “evenly” distributed? The rest of the Alliance must also suffer for peace with the Horde. The Horde must suffer for peace with the Alliance! And at the same time suffer in such a way that it pleases the offended in the Alliance.

The Horde is playing “wrong.” Yes.

1 Like

You know good and well this isn’t true.

2 Likes

Technically, He was the defacto leader of the rebellion against Azshara and of their exodus to Nordrassil, up until prior going into his hibernation. Tyrande and her priestesses only took up leadership in the interrum…

But really, there’s a lot of personal misconceptions on how the Kaldorei government works. It’s not as cut and dry as a “Pure Matriarchy” as everyone likes to describe it. There’s no real word to describe their joint-rule except for a Partnership. It’s legally a diarchy but it’s more like a motherly and fatherly relationship.

Frankly, Malfurion isn’t really interested in governing the day-to-day aspect of Kaldorei society and is happy to leave that to Tyrande.

How to never be satisfied 101.

No, the was Jarod Shadowsong. But even he and the other lords still deferred to the Sisterhood as they were the only remaining organization that held any political sway in the old empire.

1 Like

Jarod led the army, not the rebellion.

I do not understand. Explain. I talked about the in-game Horde as a political player.

Same thing! Jarod was in command after the deaths of Lord’s Ravencrest and Stareye. That’s irrefutable.

I’m not talking about seeking peace after the foe has been stopped. I’m talking about cooperating with others who are fighting your emery to improve your chances of stopping them vs. going it alone to make sure that you get the satisfaction of the kill.

Lets wait for todays cinematic with Tyande and Elune, to have a final conclusion.

because risking more lives is what true heroes do

:+1:

gl hf

1 Like

Vengeance is an eye for an eye. Since Sylvanas (and by extension the Horde) committed racist genocide against the night elves, vengeance would be inflicting the same damage on them. Since Sylvanas has no loyalty anymore but to herself, the Horde is the next target of an equal vengeance.

1 Like

I hate that I’m even trying to litigate this (and obviously I’m not saying it makes a genocide any “better”) but was it rooted in racism? I thought the alleged premise of the war was based around them being alliance, not because they were night elves.

I am not sure really.

The private discussions between the characters don’t seem to indicate that but their actions from any outside observer?

You have the Horde invade a land completely and push an entire populace to one location and then set the entire place on fire to kill them all.
The vast majority of one particular race.

But at the very least burning them alive was a nicer and cleaner way to tell the tragic storyline. Can you imagine these muppets trying to tell a fascist force occupying a civilian population storyline?

If Elataath wants to label genocidal vengeance as “racist hatred”, I see no reason why the equal isn’t true.

Somehow I glossed over her post using the word too. I guess I can see your point, although I’m still not sure how to feel about it. I guess it depends on how far you want to lean on Tyrande’s metaphor of comparing the horde to an animal with the “it doesn’t matter who rides the wolf” line. It might be a stretch, and unfortunately the game’s pretty well-validated the stance at this point.

Sylvanas seemed to be using Teldrassil as just the first step to a full-on omnicide, though. I guess it’s not worth nitpicking that “Sylvanas isn’t racist, she’s egalitarian in her mass murder.”

Ugh, screw BFA’s story.

5 Likes