Did 11.0.5 Forget Priest?

Dear Blizzard,

Are you going to tell us that classes that have fought side by side in multiple wars would not try to imitate their allies abilities they deem beneficial for survival. As Mages blink, DK’s runes or grip, Warlock’s summoning portal etc.

This are my wishes along with others to improve Shadow Priest.

Out of combat - Insanity is at 25.

Dispersion now allows you to cast abilities. It feels outdated and why can Paladins have a free bubble when in the past they were in the wheelchair.

Remove Shadow Crash and replace it with Cascade to apply dots with 2 charges - 20 sec cooldown.
or
Void Seed - plant a seed of void energy on the target that pulses within 8 yards. All targets hit by the pulse have Vampiric touch applied. 10 Insanity Cost - No cooldown.

Voidform and Dark Ascension to be instant cast. Why are priest the only class that have to cast their CD’s
- would like for Halo to be instant as well

Remove Mind Flay and have Mind Spike as the base filler. When Mind Spike is empowered it turns into Mind Flay: Insanity.

Silence to become a choice node with a regular interrupt - 24 sec cooldown. I want to be able to help interrupt as depending on other players doesn’t always work.

Power Word: Fortitude on yourself reduces all damaged by 5%. Remove protective light.

Fade - Volatile Phantasm — Fade leaves an illusion of the priest for a short period that enemies will attack. While the illusion remains the Priest remains in stealth for 4 seconds or until first cast. Upon expiry, it explodes dealing AoE damage from Torghast.

Idol of Yogg-Saron to be reworked where every 6 - 8 casts of Devouring Plague summons jaws underneath the target that bites all target within 10 yards by x% and increases the effectiveness of mind link by 20/40% for 6 seconds.

Idol of N’Zoth - Twilight Devastation or inflict them with the Black Blood plague another dot (Dispel protection as Unstable Affliction) that can make them more vulnerable to your attacks

Idol of Y’shaarj - Your abilities have a chance to open Void Tears around your target that damages them for x% within 8 yards by y% seconds with a chance to slay targets below your maximum health. Players and bosses take 5% max health damage - Strongest old god his Idol should be strong.

Shadow Word: Death - to spawn shadowy apparitions

Sphere of Insanity replacing Shadowy Apparitions. Two orbs float around you like Xal’atath instead of spawning apparitions they just blast targets with Void Bolts. The multiple blasts she did to Khadgar look way too cool to pass up and also Shadowy Apparitions is just too slow.

This may be just me but I want mindbender to be removed and for healers to be replaced with a mini Naaru and for shadow to summon 3 - 5 void tentacles or summon a shadow of yourself that duplicates that helps you damage or heal/swap health if you’re about to die.

Please either remove Power Infusion or lower it to 10%, we shouldn’t be balance around utilities.

Angelic Feather to be increased to 60% movement speed or a passive to increase our movement speed on top of the 40% it already provides.

Door of Shadows - preferably instant cast

Void Shield and Mental Fortitude should be combined into 1 talent

2 Likes

Its actually mostly mind flay insanity that does crazy damage in pvp. As Hpellipsis said it is basically MFI+the buffs to voidform that cause it to do insane damage. Halo also hits hard itself too so it isnt really pad if the cleave is actually worthwhile

1 Like

Nah you def get them off. You can either juke kick on something like mind blast or get them to waste kick on void torrent, then set up halo burst while their interrupt is on CD. Its also difficult for them to kick MFI with how fast it is now, most try to kick torrent as they know that can also be big damage.

Do you expect from a company that abuses their employees, harasses them, sexual abusive behaviour and what not , to care about their priest portion playerbase? What an absurdity this is.

3 Likes

I’d just like to put in another opinion of mine.
Shadow Word: Pain shouldn’t even exist any more. As long as Misery is a Talent, Shadow Word: Pain will never be on our bars.

Just merge the damage Shadow Word: Pain does into Vampiric Touch and call it a day. The only use it has now is pulling mobs.
Change Misery to “Rapid Misery” so it removes the cast time and the upfront damage from Vampiric Touch so it’s useful for pulling world mobs, and maybe multi-dotting in dungeons while chasing down the tank to the next pack.

Because let’s be honest, we all know they’re not going to allow Shadow Crash to apply DoTs to more than 8 targets, and they won’t be giving it a second charge either.

We need a community manager past in the priest forums, right now it feels like we’re talking to nothing

3 Likes

That isnt realy true.
Also instead of constantly reworking and suggesting billion stuff to do with shadow crash…id rather for them to delete this trash clunky incosistent unreliable piece of garbage ability and try something new. NEW (not some frankensteined version of spell that we had in the past). Or atleast experiment. I would like to see how would shadow work with mechanics like enha in shadowlands had. Dot one target…cast mindblast on that target will put dots to two closest targets etc etc. Just try it and see. Idk if it would work because we have many abilities that we need to press during aoe setup so idk how would spamming blast go, but it felt satysfying af on enha…just test new things…i sincerely hate shadow crash…its trash and it always was a trash spell since it was added. Why they decided that the entire class wil work around it is beyond my understanding.

1 Like

10.0 spriest was the best most fluid the spec has felt since WOD. Then they had to rework it. Bad design, imo.

It wouldn’t go well.

1. You need Mind Blast as a damage dealer after Vampiric Touch is out
  2. We only have two charges of Mind Blast.
  3. This is counter-intuitive to how Voidweaver works. You want Void Blast to increase the size of your Entropic Rift.

Shadow Crash may be clunky, but it’s not the worst spell in the world. Nowhere near the level that Rune of Power used to be.
It’s only clunky because it has such a small radius, only has one charge, only affects 8 targets, and isn’t off cooldown if the tank pulls a second target.
Literally every other AoE ability in the game will affect every enemy hit, so I genuinely don’t understand why we’re limited to 8 targets. That alone is the worst part.

If Shadow Crash was slightly bigger, hit every target, and had two charges (or reduced by 2 seconds each time a nearby target died), it would feel a lot better.

I don’t think anyone’s saying priest can’t pump in pvp what we’re saying is there is a number of core issues with the spec/class. And yes spriest is a punching bag in pvp. Get trained by a warrior and a ret and let me know how hard casting cds feels.

1 Like

All arguments are in regards to the Priest class, not Shadow. We’re discussing the tools that all other classes in the game have for whatever reason Priest doesn’t.

And if we are talking about Shadow, the rework was designed to simplify the spec but at the same time they removed almost all of our mobility which has caused it to suffer in both PvP and PvE since. Yet for some reason Shadow, and Warlock to some extent, are the only ones who too many instant casts is a problem applies to.

It’s not just a failure in design, it’s a failure in consistency across classes, and I am fed up with it.

3 Likes

I do agree with you on the only two classes who cast thing ,mostly they did kinda make else cast again.

Elemental has Spiritwalker’s Grace. As long as they have that they could be a full turret and more mobile than Shadow.

The slow moving projectile remains as the primary problem with Shadow Crash.

If you take the targeted area version, you can easily waste the cast of Shadow Crash in its entirety. You can still also waste it on accidentally casting on a ceiling fixture or a fence or lamp or some doodad out from the grassy knoll.

If you take the locked on targeted version, it can just just fade away if the target does before impact or maybe you cast it and that target gets knocked away or somehow ends up outside the group resulting in only that target getting affected with the damage and having Vampiric Touch applied to it alone.

Point is, Shadow Crash with its slow moving missile is just terrible in every way possible compared to any other spell used for its delivery system.

We had spells like Cascade, Dark Void, Unholy Nova, Halo and even Void Eruption (decoupled from Voidform) that could all be far superior mechanically suited spells to use for multi dot delivery.

If Halo or Cascade was made baseline and used for Shadow to deliver Vampiric Touch on enemy targets then you can then work that same spell into Holy and Discipline to apply Renews, Shadow Word: Pain, Atonements, Prayer of Mending or whatever else for those specs to have a mass delivery system to get going quickly as well.

1 Like

Yeah they are definitely more mobile. But they do have to cast more now than recent past no?

Strictly speaking this isn’t true. Vile Taint for example only hits 8 targets and is Warlocks method of applying Agony in AoE.

Not even close to true. Many classes are AoE capped right now. Enhancement is probably the worst. They’re functionally limited to about 5 targets. We get 8, with Affliction Warlocks.

But yes, some classes cleave quite a few targets. Many have a disclaimer that they do “less damage after x targets” like Frost Mages, Elemental Shaman etc, but at least they hit them all. Some specs like Unholy just go absolutely HAM and do full damage to 50 mobs if they’re available.

I, too, would like to see Shadow Crash bumped up to maybe 10 targets. It’s been especially painful in this Normal, Heroic dungeon meta where tanks are pulling 30 mobs at a time. We cannot compete. But once we start really chewing into M+, I doubt there will be too many pulls above 10 mobs or so. At least not at first.

Well yeah I mean lets be real priest has fallen very far behind with the introduction of hero talents. It was already behind, but things were mostly workable, however with hero talents mobile classes got more mobility+passive slows, and the other 2 lesser mobile classes (pally/dk) got more mobility with their hero talent trees and both have had class tree reworks which has left priest behind as the least mobile class now by far, at least before dks were comparable and pallies werent far behind.

So yeah I am in agreement priest has too few tools at this point. Going Dracthyr should not be as exciting of a thought but it is specifically because of being handed those tools basically.

I love the playstyle of disc/holy, that is the only argument i make on this forum. I dont want massive reworks at all for the healing specs, they are super fun and feel very different from each other. Outside of a few regular changes (talent point reductions in disc tree just for ex) I dont want much, but the class tree is by far my biggest complaint and imo is where a lot of our overall issues come from ie mobility/utility. Needs a big revamp, I think the healing capstone area (binding heal/angels mercy and the two below) on the left side are basically perfect, but everything else needs help.

1 Like

Yeah , I’ve mostly been healing on my
Monk as of last expansion but I think I might give priest heals a chance since I’m maining spriest so far this expansion. It’s still my favorite class but I’m just meh about the “rework” and the lack of thought into the spec/hero talents. (I’m still hurt by the 10.1 rework). I’m going to give it hell this expansion on my priest win lose or draw!!!

This will never have impact. The forums massively cast a fictional veil of the actual temperature of the player base.

Maybe (big maybe) 10% of wows population visits the forums. 1-5% of those actually post. And 1-5% of those voice negativity constantly.

“Vote with your wallet” has not nor ever will work, for any game.

The people actively going into a “I hate this” echo chamber is an immeasurable small portion of the player base. And even OF those people, even fewer still will actually quit. They’re just venting.