Did 11.0.5 Forget Priest?

How much of that damage is relevant vs padded? Halo and archon doesn’t strike me as a huge pvp tree but with it pulsing a wide AoE of damage I could see it padding meters well in a BG just by it’s very nature but little of that damage seems like it would make a huge difference.

3 Likes

Archon is strong for the 60% damage bonus to MFI casts (And extra MFI’s from Halo itself).

Send 3-4 of those out on the same target they kinda melt.

Also the 20% damage increase during Voidform, 25% haste PI.

You are able to channel MFI in modern WoW pvp?

Only slightly kidding on that. With all the CC and interrupts in the game though it just really seems hard to actually imagine getting 3-4 MFI off.

I guess if you got PI+you’ve stacked haste then perhaps it’s what a 1 sec channel so maybe if you can find a way to get lost in the match, or cross CC. So what comp would shadow want to play with if it’s needing to channel so much?

The channel is 1 GCD.

Probably a second caster to overload the enemy team’s stops / force them to choose who they let hard cast, or rogue for the control to buy space / opportunities for the priest to cast.

Typical fare honestly.

Most spells and casts are 1 GCD, IE 1.5 seconds or 1 second at capped haste. It’s the fact you have to actually channel it and fake casting it will cost you a channel making it a very safe thing to interrupt and heck even a micro CC like CoP will cost you your Surge of Insanity stack when you cast it.

Yeah arena can be somewhat stagnant at times when it comes to comps but wasn’t sure if anything else changed, thanks.

Yeah this is true, but it’s also pretty easy to fake cast with a channel (even if it’s a strong one) or create situations where you can get the damage out with multiple back to back, faking on the first one. Also due to MS you’re going to be doing damage before the person on the other end even sees the cast bar.

That’s the problem. You can only do damage as archon with MFI under CDs. You wouldn’t notice how poorly balanced the rest of the kit is until you played Voidweaver for a couple of bgs. You will immediately understand what I’m talking about.

2 Likes

the thing i find baffling about this class, specifically disc is just the general lack of buttons that actually do stuff

to clarify: when i play shaman, or monk, or paladin, or (god forbid) evoker, i feel like i have a wealth of options and cooldowns. disc feels so barren by comparison

no mobility, no kick, no brez, a distinct lack of solid emergency buttons, no particular utility aside from power infusion

i don’t feel like i have anything unique aside from voidweaver visuals. i don’t have anything in my kit that other healers can’t do; other healers have buttons like tremor/poison cleansing totem, blessing of protection, rescue, the little interactions that give each healer a unique way of handling certain things

this class wasn’t going to be fixed in a patch like this, unfortunately, it needs a serious overhaul and not just talent adjustments

8 Likes

I just finish reading the notes, and looks like i’m not going back to my Spriest anytime soon :rofl: :rofl: maybe in season 3 they make it playable

1 Like

I was hoping that there would be more changes and tweaks to shadow priests talents, but as it stands right now I don’t think i’ll be seeing that.

off topic but does anyone else find it a little annoying that void form has better synergy with archon and dark ascension has better synergy with voidweaver, even though void form fits thematically more with voidweaver and dark ascension fits more with archon

Me too, for me personaly DA shouldn’t even exist, as i said on the beta feedback topic, they should remove DA from the spec tree, buff VE/VF into 20-25% bonus damage and mix DA into the Perfected Form talent from archon, to turn VF into DA, with that VF would be in a good spot, SPriest would be easier to balance, and as bonus DA would be removed from the spec tree and be an archon talent that would make people that like that “dark angel” theme (that i personally don’t like) happy, and we that embrace the void as the true way of SPriest would have the better visuals and fantasy.

Ps: And also the better gameplay :grin:

1 Like

The no priest changes is quite demoralizing…

Holy priest had literally 0 changes from alpha and beta, no updates, no new stuff beside hero talent, nothing…

We still can’t have accesible Restitution, still PoH is a dead spell, still 80 talents to just buff PoM… Jesus we are the Light casters of WoW this spec could be SO much more in terms of theme, gameplay and visuals…
Not even a Holy fire VFX update which still uses classic VFX!!

5 Likes

Im not saying shadow is bad in pvp atm. But it is definetly frustrating, heck i would even say infuriating to play sometimes.
All you mentioned is a matter of 1gcd for almost every single class. Roots are 1 gcd oneshot. Fade phantasm slow remove is instantly countered by passive auto apply slow from most of melees. Every inch of distance you create is erased in fraction of a second with some charge roll leap bs ability which every single melee have and all the casters, except priests, too. We have a lot of abilities yes, but most of them are rendered useless just by simple fact that we dont have slow or gap opener.

To suggest that theres even the slightest chance or hope that you will somehow “kite” or run from a melee is just copium imho. In bgs? Yes there some of our abilities can shine. But in bgs you should play the way that wont put you in these situations where you get endlessly massaged by melees by playing in back, using your team as meatshield, predict and premove.

But in arenas duels etc if theres a melee that decide he will go you, he will sit you unless you or him die, he gets pressured away, peeled by you mates or change his mind. You cannot do jack :poop: about it.

1 Like

Oh, you don’t enjoy using our movement abilities designed to be shared with others, all to yourself just to keep up with the others we’re supposed to share them with? Lol

9 Likes

I saw there were patch notes, class changes, and a lot of them. I got excited, savored skipping ahead to Priest as I read the others, and then… that’s it? That’s f’ing IT?

After getting so little attention over the beta despite feedback thread after feedback thread, the first patch with class changes all but skips over us.

It’s baffling. It really seems like they’re ignoring Priest out of spite. Part of me still hopes they are gearing up for a huge Priest-focused revamp that ties into the storyline with the Void, but I’m really just not feeling it. No communication, whatsoever, to at least let us know they’re hearing us.

8 Likes

I think that he inspired oracle :rofl:
He saw the future back then, and switched to pally

3 Likes

This is like a tinfoil hat thing, but I think someone on the dev team has something personal against priests. Also alligators are living in the sewers!

2 Likes

The thing tinfoil hat theories tend to have no evidence ro support their claims. The devs have time and again given us all the evidence in the world to know that they do not care about the class.

6 Likes

Blizzard needs to officially make this canon so we don’t have any misplaced hope for priest anymore.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s that much of a tinfoil hat, if you consider “priest” has very real-world religious connotations (unpopular with certain California ideologies…) and a couple of decades of negative PR associated with it, that there might be some conscious/unconscious bias against the class.

5 Likes