Did 11.0.5 Forget Priest?

Hence why I said boycotting a specific class would work far better. It’s actually worked in League of Legends in which people boycotted various champions such a Shen and and Vel’koz and while they didn’t exactly get the changes they wanted they at least got Riot to actually pay attention and take a look. At this point that is what priest want is blizzard to actually remember this damn class exists.

1 Like

Bro this is exactly a tinfoil hat theory. :stuck_out_tongue:

A majority of Californians are still Christians.

1 Like

I’ll just say, given recent events and the type of activists that have infiltrated AAA gaming, we’re lucky for every day this game doesn’t go full-Concord.

And there have been substantial changes to the game towards the Concord mode of bad game development ignoring the core audience… I’d just say don’t sleep on it, we might all have to switch to Asian MMOs to have a recognizable game before too long.

1 Like

I was pvping 1v1 and 4 other alliance came out from hiding and jumped me… I got away, I out ran them until I could mount up. I’m quite happy with my mobility.

So what you are saying is 5 other players in current modern day WoW couldn’t prevent someone who’s only form of mobility is effectively 12 seconds of 40% move speed.

You are either lying, or you got attacked by the special brigade. No priest in the history of this game no matter how good they are has been able to escape 5 enemies with a functioning brain and hands. It simply doesn’t happen.

6 Likes

50% speed for 4 charges over 30 seconds and 40% otherwise speed, rotating thru shield and mending speed bonuses, but yes. Multiple attempts to run out, with a timely fear and snare break, I mounted up and out

Feather lasts 5 seconds, which would be 15 seconds with a 20 second recharge.

If you space is as

Body and soul - 3 seconds
Feather - 5 seconds
Body and Soul - 3 Seconds
Feather - 5 seconds
Body and Soul - 3 seconds
Feather - 5 seconds
Feather - 5 seconds
Feather - 5 seconds

Last one is saying you used Premonitions 7 second CD refund.

Is about the max you can get for speed boosts. Scream at best lasts 8 seconds so lets be ultra nice and say absolutely no one on the enemy side had a tool to deal with it, absurd in modern WoW but again being nice.

After your first feather+B&S they are free. Any rogue with baseline(15%) speed+Sprint(70%) or feral druid with same+dash will close the distance with those and their gap closers(shadowstep etc)

While I could go on with what every class has to ensure you do not get away it would make this post entirely to long and my point has already been made. What you said either didn’t happen, you played against absolute buffoons with no clue what they where doing, or they let you go. There is no other logical explaination as discs mobility is flat out that bad.

3 Likes

It happened when we had 80% feathers and spectral guise.

1 Like

They weren’t buffoons, but they weren’t formidable. It took multiple attempts for this, so I’m assuming some of their cds were on cd (they had just caught me after I rocket jumped off a small cliff so they probably used a bunch of CDs there). As holy in oracle I also get body of soul from prayer of mending casts. And I only brought this up cuz this was the first time I have escaped like this post divine ascension rocket jump glider silent nerf in shadowlands so I think even if we are on average worse than others, we’ve bridged that gap a bit (in oracle). Not to mention I’ve caught a lot of players attempting to run from me and interrupted their mount attempt.

Catching up is easier due to a lot of the gap closers, like charge/shadowstep/etc being targetted, while move speed isn’t. That same thing is what makes it impossible for us to eacape.

Having Rocket Jump is more than likely a better reason for the possibility to escape as Rocket Jump+Levitate on an incline/cliff would give ok distance but it would still be highly unlikely and require massive mistakes in order for you escape. I mean a warrior could just jump off the cliff and heroic leap to negate the damage and close the distance on you as an example. Mages could do the same with blink/shimmer, etc etc.

That’s how I usually get away, but in this instance the cliff was small and caught me. Which I immediately feared and ran (why I think they popped CDs to catch my jump l). Group was a holy paladin, 2 rogues, Druid and unknown (could have just been those 4, the holy paladin was the bait). No warrior or dk. Warrior and blood DK is definitely very frustrating to run from, luckily most my encounters with warrior have been weak players.

Anyway I’ve strafed off topic. My only point was mobility feels improved, I’m actually happy with it. Even in heroic dungeons it feels like my extra speed and speed tools have been noticeable.

The opposite for me. I do ok with DKs, Druids, and Pally tanks but DH, Warriors and Monk tank that want to use all their dashes end up so far ahead and even with me spamming constant feathers I tend to catch them when they are at like half HP and then I’m just playing catch-up.

That said all healers imo tend to have this issues to some extent save monks who have as many dashes as their tank counter parts.

2 Likes

Nah, still tinfoil hat theory. Just a popular one.

“full-concord” isn’t something that actually matters. It is very, very rare actually that games create a cast of characters where the majority of them are as forgettable or weird as that game. If you’re just talking about pronouns or whatever - it might come as a surprise - nobody actually cares if the game is good when it releases and the characters look cool. See: Overwatch, Baldur’s gate, APEX. Hell Apex’s cast is even more ‘woke’ than Concord’s. They’re just way more memorable designs and the game is/was (depending on the season) fun.

Even the most politically left game devs aren’t going to remove or hate on ‘priest’ because of religious connotations unless they’re ACTUALLY out of their minds. And you’re not gonna find that outside very small studios as-is. Especially since they’d get overruled by top brass. And if you look at Blizzard/MS top brass at any point in the company’s history you’re not gonna find that. More just people obsessed with the money being generated. If there’s any consistent thing guiding WoW’s design over the years it’s been $.

2 Likes

Vote with your wallet literally worked to get us DF and TWW, the developers have directly stated this during gamescom when they reflected on what went wrong with shadowlands and how that will impact future development with TWW (we were already in s4 of DF at this point).

They hard pivoted to listening to player feedback for DF and started doing some of that in SL s4 which they have absolutely done, their class development cycle just needs some work still but they definitely do listen to far more feedback than before. They specifically stated this was due to the failure of shadowlands and how shadowlands failed to not only bring in new players, but also failed to retain the normal amount of players they normally do.

Vote with your wallet is not at all a fallacy, it works with corporations too, can see direct correlation between companies lowering prices after hiking them once their quarterly earnings show constant loss due to customers shopping elsewhere.

2 Likes

The spec talents for both holy and disc are actually great, they have good spec trees that are pretty fun to path through because theres a lot of good choices. 2 distinct m+ builds, for disc there is multiple pvp builds which all play differently but are all viable and very fun (both voidweaver and oracle are viable and have 2 or so unique builds in the spec tree for both of them). There might be a lack of tuning for disc/holy in pve but it really is not a playstyle issue.

There are a few other things I’d like them to do for example adding s3/4 disc 4 set tier into the spec tree (probably attached to void summoner talent) which gives extra smite cast during shadow covenant. Then on top of that reducing a couple 2 point nodes at the bottom of the tree. Lastly Ultimate Penitence needs help for pve, they could either make it so you are immune to damage while you are flying and shortly after landing which is a bit op for pvp or they could allow you to move while channeling Ultimate Penitence (which is my preferred option that’d be so fun to fly around). Thats about it though.

The main hiccup is the class tree just being so bad honestly. The entire shadow side (right side) outside of phantom reach and SW:D is just bland and boring, very uninteresting talents on that side overall that really don’t contribute much. The middle area is okay but could be way better, making Leap of faith 1 minute baseline and adding a talent that maybe gives your target a shield when you pull them would be great, making phantasm a slow/snare immunity for the duration of fade would be great, etc etc. The ‘healing side’ on the left is mostly okay but could use a little rearranging. If we assume dracthyr glide racial will get limited to evoker only, then making the shadow capstone area be Phantom reach>Door of Shadows>Door of Shadows capstone choice in that order would be very nice.

1 Like

I’ll gladly yeet Power Infusion into the fn Sun if it means we’d get even 20% the attention we’re getting now.

4 Likes

I swear like every single expansion launch since BfA the priest forum has had a thread like this where a bunch of people go crazy about not having a class designer in the forums or something.

It’s not going to happen, it never has happened, the only blue posts that have ever hit the forum are CMs starting a poll on some specific piece of feedback. It’s very rare that outside alpha/beta they react to most feedback besides the most critical parts of it early on. Usually anything else hits in major patches. I’m more surprised that the .0.5 patch has ANY major things in it.

The .1 or .2 patch will probably come with some talent revamp that has everyone cheering till they play it then go back to screaming about how bad it is before the next xpac launch where we will once again loop back to this very kind of thread again.

And yeah, voice your opinion and all, as you should. But no, Blizzard is not going to suddenly pick up the pace. Whatever changes happen weren’t gonna hit in .0.5. If they had it would have been very fast for them. Paladin got it this time around and their last major reworks were the patch before ours in DF so seems like they’re basically on the same track.

Many of the players voicing concerns on the forums remember regular communication from ghostcrawler.

2 Likes

I just looked at your post history and you did the EXACT same thing Priests are doing now a year ago. You specifically commenting about Disc…

Let’s not be hypocritical bud.

3 Likes

When have I ever complained about not having a class designer or expecting communication from the forums? The only time we ever get regular communication is the beta, lol. I wasn’t even on the priestsdeservebetter train back in DF. Not that I detracted from it.

I’ve complained about what I thought was bad about the class (and in my post I said people should do that). But expecting swift responses when Blizz hasn’t been about that for… many years? For really any class in the game, either.

It’s totally fine to say you hate shadow you hate X thing about shadow, you hate Y thing about disc, think things are underbaked, etc, etc.

Just tired of the “priests always get ignored! Why does blizz not talk to us?” When there’s literally never communication from blizz for any class except for like sometimes a random class discord. (And you can just ask rogues how that turned out, lol)