Dialogues missing in Shadowlands and BFA (text and spoken)

Adding my voice here. Will submit ingame as well.

3 Likes

2 weeks and no fix, dang
Iā€™m upset I bought my month sub without knowing this lol. Then again, itā€™s not like thereā€™d be any way to know in advance, this is such a weird bug. Iā€™m surprised I hadnā€™t seen any news about it from really anywhere.

2 Likes

Something Iā€™m wondering about is if the problem occurs when playing the game on an SSD. My WoW install is currently on a hard drive.

I know that Dragonflight is listing SSD as a minimum requirement and sometimes X.X.7 patches add in some of the groundwork for the next expansion, so itā€™s entirely possible that the game is already partially incompatible with hard drives due to changes in optimization.

I havenā€™t seen anyone mention whether theyā€™re using a hard drive or an SSD.

Itā€™s certainly possible that the issue occurs regardless of whether the game is installed on a hard drive or an SSD, but it is something to consider at least.

1 Like

Using an ssd here

2 Likes

Definitely a server side issue, then. Hope it doesnā€™t take them years to fix it, though.

2 Likes

Have had this issue for a while now as well. Iā€™ve been playing through Shadowlands, BFA, and Legion and all three expansions are having this issue. I went back to play through story Iā€™ve missed but now Iā€™m missing the story permanently because the quests are completed :frowning:

3 Likes

Four hour maintenance scheduled for Tuesday. Probably wonā€™t include a fix for the dialogue issues, but one can only hope.

3 Likes

I think there is a decent possibility. I might be overly optimistic, but I think with the SL promotion that just happened, they want people to enjoy the game as much as possible so they buy Dragon Flight.

3 Likes

They need to fix this huge bug.

It completely destroys the storyline of the game.

4 Likes

Problem still present after Tuesday maintenance. No surprise there considering there was no patch downloadedā€¦ ridiculous situation

2 Likes

I will say that I am quite surprised they needed a 4 hours maintenance time without loading a hotfix. It is truly disappointing. I would at least like transparency from Blizzard.

1 Like

Yeah im not impressed. I get they got their hands full woth the new exp and classic wotlk but considering they gave Shadowlands to everyone, itā€™s pretty weird that something like that stays unattended for so long. Talk about a bad first impression this will leave to newcomers and returning players like me. Sub is up in 12 daysā€¦. As it is right now, I donā€™t see myself prolonging it, and told a friend to stay away from wow for now

3 Likes

I understand completely. I am going to stick around for a little longer but if this is at least not acknowledged, I might be gone soon as too.

2 Likes

This is infuriating. I feel sorry for anyone who has never done this stuff before. You just canā€™t do these quests right now without being completely lost.

Surprised there hasnā€™t been any sort of announcement or warning of this to player in a game we are paying a sub to play. Iā€™ve never seen anything this bad before.

5 Likes

It feels like the people in charge of what bugs get fixed just donā€™t care. To them, itā€™s just an aesthetics issue and is a complete non-priority since the quests can still be completed in most cases. Kind of like how all bug reports regarding female Undead toes just get ignored.

So many aesthetics bugs go unaddressed for so long itā€™s ridiculous.

Iā€™m speculating that they made changes to how they handle NPC dialogue and many of the old Dialogue scenes simply arenā€™t compatible with the changes and thereā€™s basically nothing that can be done about it.

On the other hand, itā€™s possible that thereā€™s no QA staff to investigate the issue right now and theyā€™re all hands on deck for Dragonflight since theyā€™re pushing hard to release it in November.

In the meantime, may as well just roll with it and headcanon that the distorted and missing conversations are being caused by Murozond interfering with the timeways or something. I donā€™t expect that this issue is ever going to get fixed at this point.
:dracthyr_shrug:

4 Likes

If is not fixed I will never play it again, simple. I will not pay monthly for a incomplete and defective product. Plus is a total lack of respect for the consumer. Imagine if your movies and series in netflix or amazon prime get audio cut from some scenes? you will pay for that?
This is not a minor issue. This conversations are a integral part of the story/experience. without them everything is shallow and just in pieces.

5 Likes

Still bugged.

3 Likes

Still buggedā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah i check every day and so far no improvements. Those of you who seem to have a temporary fix by turning off the dialogs, we are talking about the dialog option in the audio settings? Cause if thatā€™s the case it ainā€™t fixing it for me :frowning:

2 Likes

I work 12ā€™s, but I check the status of this problem a few times per day. One day I will check and you guys will be thanking blizzard for fixing itā€¦right ?

1 Like