Dialogues missing in Shadowlands and BFA (text and spoken)

Both spoken and text dialogues are not appearing. Every time I click in the options " stay awhile and listen" in npcs, no spoken dialogues or text in the chat are appearing. And same thing happens in covenant campaign dialogues since the last patch.
Several dialogues such as Jaina in the Maw (only Thrall’s appears). Bolvar and Darion ( only the last speak of Darion appear). The Windrunner sisters ( Only the last dialogue appear) and others. Dialogues In the Covenant and Main campaign are not being spoken or texted in chat. (both in English and Portuguese)
Add-ons have already been deleted. UI reset and files checked. Problem persists (that is, the game has practically no story for me now besides the text quest)
The dialogues and model of Sylvanas when the horde character accept the quest to free Talanji in Stormwind is missing too. Same problem in BFA. Campaign included.

74 Likes

I am having the same issue. Npc dialogue is being skipped and the text of what their saying is not appearing on my screen. Started happening 4 days ago for me. I tried resetting UI and deleting addons as well. Still broken

6 Likes

Same thing for me, just returned and going through a lot of the shadowlands quests for the first time and dialogue just isn’t showing. Both covenant campaign and the main story campaign. One time I waited for a bit and all the dialogue suddenly started playing at once on top of each other, but usually it just doesnt play or display at all.

6 Likes

I have encountered the same issue with various quests in Shadowlands and the Covenant Campaign. Dialogue would only half play or not play at all or NPC dialogue bubbles would not appear and the NPC’s would still move and act like the story was continuing. If anyone discovers a fix, please spread the word.

4 Likes

Some reports point the same thing happening in BFA. Confirmed that Cirus dialogue have the same bug. And many others in the BFA Campaign too. Unbelievable the state of the game. 2 Xpacs worth of lore gone.

3 Likes

I am experiencing the same problem since this weekend. Through BFA as I levelled through it, and now Shadowlands. Just… awkwardly standing there as NPCs say nothing for however long it takes.

7 Likes

I hope this maintenance period fixes it. Let everyone know if it does!

3 Likes

Well I’m glad I’m not the only one. I just returned after a 2 year hiatus for the story and I’m not getting the story lol.

9 Likes

I am in the same boat. Hopefully they acknowledge and fix it soon. Until they do I will just pvp I guess

2 Likes

Same issue, persisting on several characters and after deleting addons, resetting UI, doing game repair–nothing.

4 Likes

Let’s hope people put in tickets, they might not respond individually but maybe if enough players do submit a ticket they will know it’s something to address as soon as they can.

3 Likes

I put a ticket and the answer are that they are unable to do anything. They ask me to report the bug and do the standard stuff.

2 Likes

An unfortunate joke,

Is this going to be the same in Dragonflight?!

3 Likes

Problem persist, 1 week now. This is unacceptable for a product that you have to pay a subscription. (there is no story the way it is right now). Really considering to quit for good this time. ( I am on/off for 6 months to a year already) :frowning:

6 Likes

You would think with them giving away SL, that they would want people who haven’t played it to have a good experience. This missing dialogue is jarring and confusing, especially for newer players.

11 Likes

It’s also blatantly obvious where there’s no dialogue and it really is jarring.

7 Likes

Let’s hope they can do something to address this. It all seemed to start with the patch on the 16th. There has to be something they can do to fix it. I refuse to believe the dialogue will be messed up in multiple expansions forever.

7 Likes

A clue, A clue~

Come Blizzard…
Almost was about to buy 3 pre-orders of Epic editions, till yesterday and ran into this mess.

What a return after 2 years!

5 Likes

Literally just started playing again last month after a 2-year hiatus, and all I was planning on doing for the next few months until DF was level a bunch of alts and check out the different storylines that I missed. This bug has almost completely negated any reason I have to play now. Really regret going for the 6-month payment instead of just monthly.

7 Likes

Hopefully if we make enough noise and address it enough it will be fixed. I just suggest if you haven’t yet, submit a ticket. Sorry to all who this is affecting.

3 Likes