DF class changes

Spellwarding now a prot only talent. Pretty good change imo.

Feral and boomy talent tree changes are looking quite interesting.

Dragonflight Beta Development Notes - Dragonflight Beta Test - US - Blue Tracker - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

Lmao stop. That and access to rep with short hoj were literally the only good things ret had coming in DF.

4 Likes

WOTLK is calling you boo :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Trash change, ret needed SOMETHING vs wizards and this was pretty decent.

8 Likes

I agree as a ret alt but damn they were ptsd levels early shadowlands

physical dps player is speaking

So first they add a crappy version of Long Arm of the Law so we can at least get more consistent mobility and then pump fake delete it… now they delete the only thing we had going for us against casters?

I’m literally about to ask for a refund on my DF pre-order and call it a day. :angry:

1 Like

that’s crazy what happened to 8 seconds of unpurgeable freedom every 25

2 Likes

I don’t think 10 seconds of immunity to magical damage, purge and and magical crowd control is the correct answer in conjuction with 8 seconds of unpurgeable freedom.

Unless were in some sort of arms race to make the best anti caster melee between DH/DK and Ret/Prots

Ret getting access to magic bop would put them nowhere near being an anti-caster class. They have no low cd magic/cc immunities, no ranged kick, etc. Anyone that’s played Ret knows they struggle heavily vs. most casters and a 10 sec magic immunity every 3 minutes wouldn’t change that much.

Honestly though I don’t even care about that specific spell necessarily. It just sucks Ret is getting almost nothing new in DF while other specs get access to new stuff. Like playing Enh with lasso, thunderstorm, gust of wind, root totem, etc. is a lot of fun then I mess with Ret in beta and it’s so boring I log out after 30 sec.

8 Likes

10 sec on a 3min cd isn’t enough to justify anything your saying.

Which is fine counters exist. Casters struggle heavily vs dh/dks and warlocks vs warriors.

Out of 3 Ret is the only one that can 100-0 someone in single stun solo. A burst heavy class like ret doesn’t need a full on immunity for 10 seconds to “counter” go a wizard the second they see cds and try to 100-0 them instead. Thats just promoting degenerate gameplay

1 Like

def not, but it’d be enough to give ret teams an nth way to cheese you with an all-in. i’d rather they get nothing than get exactly that. sucks they’re done adding stuff for sure

4 Likes

That’s crazy what happened to that being irrelevant to almost every single caster except for boomy

1 Like

i don’t think it is

1 Like

it very much is

I just don’t think spellwarding was the way to go about it. Pretty sure they could have taken a diff approach.

Yea removing spell warden is helping dragonflight out a bit to take one less cheese out of the game. Make shadowy duel do less damage as well so you can’t 100-0 in duel. Blessing of summer shenanigans reigned in a bit in dragonflight and game will be better.

ftfy

2 Likes

Trash warlock bias