DF class changes

yeah… it doesn’t immune you to CC like magic bop does

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, but I don’t think spellwarding was the answer (at least with shadowlands tuning). Prot/Fury with spell ward on the fury to make him immune to cc/peels on his CDs is already INCREDIBLY disgusting rn, and if that was something ret had access to, they’d just spellwarden war bubble aggro and probably win 90% of their games in the first 30s.

Spellwarding isn’t so much an “anti caster” mechanic as an “aggro cheese” one. At least IMO

6 Likes

Prot warriors can 100-0 on beta in a shield charge.

And they get stuff like this:

Battle-Scarred Veteran
When your health is brought below 30%, you take 80% less damage for 8 sec and healing you receive is increased by 100%.
(3m cooldown)

Say your prayers to the tuning gods…

1 Like

Who on earth said it did

2 Likes

Ret hasnt recieved any big changes in this whole alpha beta cycle and its terribly designed, every other classes get way more stuff.

Also Divine Protection on 2min cd is a stupid joke, mobility creep is even stronger with divine steed only lasting 4sec now instead of 6 from conduit.
Most dps have ways to avoid cc, like AMS lmao immunity to new application of magic, its bonker and on short cd.

Paladin is designed so backward its crazy.

Introducing more immunities to the game isn’t exactly the appropriate way to “fix” things - if that’s a fair statement which does not accompany any sort of bias . Having the ability reduce spell dmg taken and be less vulnerable to spell-based CC (particularly roots/snares) is something I can get by.

2 Likes

99% of the rets complaining had every intention of treating it like an “I win” cheese button vs wizard comps and players and playing like prots do now.

magical BOP warrior and flop most of ladder below a certain rating capable of surviving what were seeing fury all in do now. Or if ret is like SL s1 pre nerf, magical bop themselves the second they see enemy offensives and try to 100-0 them while fully immune. All of it degenerate gameplay.

Idk why were pretending it was anything but just another ape tool for ret comps and hpal melee cleave comps to salivate over

If it lasted half duration and forced pacify like a proper defensive it would be fine

2 Likes

Nah ret doesn’t need this it needs 20 percent shield wall to last 15 seconds every 2 min for all damage.

1 Like

root is a cc :"

The issue is BoP being one of our “major” defensives has absolutely no value into every double caster comp. The only specific matchup where you can actually use it is against Demo lock pet stun because it’s physical, and boomy stun, that’s literally it :man_shrugging:

With how bad ret mobility is magic BoP would effectively become a longer cooldown version of AMS, with the added bonus of being able to use it on teammates as well. With all the extra CC options coming in DF I really don’t see it being as overpowered as you might think, if anything we really needed it because we already are so vulnerable to casters as it is.

1 Like

Hmm no lmao, we still don’t know how the meta is gonna be, is it gonna be slow, or fast? Who knows. But have have absolutely no defensive against magical damage. You have bubble and thats it. You could say Shield of Vengeance, but it absorbs less than a mage barrier on 2min cd and pop instantly, and just become worse and worse the longer the fight goes on.

And the problem of Divine Protection is its new 2min cd for Ret only, its supra long for no reason.

From what I’m seeing on beta at lvl 70 with PvP gear out now, health values are around 300k.

Shield of Vengeance is absorbing around 110k damage. To match that value DP has to reduce 110k damage from 20%, meaning 550k worth of incoming damage during the cooldown (killing you almost twice over) to get equal value to SoV.

The dynamic changes a lot because of the 2 minute cooldown versus 1 minute cooldown. At 1 minute you don’t need to squeeze as much value into taking so much damage to get use, at 2 minutes you do. They need to fix that issue and lower the cooldown because as it stands right now it’s a nice addition, but overall SoV is still better in all situations where you can afford to sit a stun.

Imo more things should be like ret and dk where the counters are clear. Having a perfect answer into every comp gets boring.

2 Likes

That’s the intent. Casters are vulnerable to dks, dh, rogues for example. And dks are weak to physical/melee damage.

This idea that every class needs to be indestructible and I shouldn’t need any help is why pvp gameplay is so toxic. That’s what outlaw has become.

Good change, ret didn’t need this.

1 Like

84s CD on both on beta, and i dont see anyone with 300k hp (apart from locks/tanks/dks) but your point still stands.

Still can’t tell before tuning, I’ve hit 195k final verdicts which is still close 150k on players

Ele has been tuned already for the most part and I hit 55k frost shock crits, 70k earth shocks etc so the 94k absorb isn’t unbreechable or anything

More like the idea is that every class has SOMETHING to hlp vs things. By your ideas here we may as well take IBF away from DKs since they are supposed to be trash vs melee.

3 Likes

The ret dev seems utterly and totally clueless about the pitfalls and issues with the class. What a disaster.

5 Likes

I would love the hidden warlock characters posting ret doesn’t need spellwarding to play a ret healer game vs affliction rdruid, I get that 3s are more important but this concept of “ret is great when a warrior babysits it in 3s” does no good to the game.

Most people who start arena will start at 2s, it’s not a particularly enjoyable experience for ret. Again, I’d love these hidden warlock players to try a ret healer game vs affliction healer, I’d pay a token to watch the stream.

1 Like

TBF maybe spellwarding isn’t the answer, but ret definitely needs something vs casters.

2 Likes

Correct, it really won’t suddenly “fix” that weakness but it’s better than nothing lol.