Dev's take on pvp queues is highly disappointing

Evidence? -

My guy, Blizz devs have not been good devs for a very long time now. The only reason SoD is popular is because 99.9% of it is based on the work of old Blizz, and those people are mostly gone.

1 Like

That’s the thing is he doesn’t really address the reason behind the problem.

Yeas yes yes yes~!

We just have to take care because any change we make will be hard/impossible to reverse.

this is wild

4 Likes

The solution is still obvious:

Gut the honor from queuing specific BGs, and DRAMATICALLY increase the honor for a “Solo queu random” button.

Makes premading a bit less rewarding honor/hour wise and makes pugging much more attractive honor/hour wise, and you should find less people premading in general.

This also helps solve the issue that we’re going to have (and was a big problem on era) where EVERYONE at 60 either does a premade wsg, or pug AV to maximize honor and encourages people to enter all bgs (via being randomly assigned)

I like this in theory, but I can imagine people gaming it by queing solo on disc together. We used to do that in AV and it worked pretty well. Could make the problem drastically worse.

Just do not queue then if enough people do it they will learn; its not like pvp bgs will matter until AV where you can not premade anyways

Their continued refusal to address the premade vs. randoms situation, that has only gotten unplayable worse over time, is the main reason AV is the only viable BG at endgame. All they would have to do is facilitate pug vs pug play for wsg and AB, and all of a sudden, those BGs would become viable content.

They put in a time shuffle to prevent that from happening. Depending on the number of games activating it worked well for awhile.

Ah wasn’t aware. I’m all for it if it’s technically feasible!

The key to the most perfect system is rating players according to their win/loss ratio and providing them with an MMR that isn’t forward facing.

Because at that point, whether you’re queueing alone or as a team you’re likely to be grouped with and against players that are of a similar caliber who relate to the relative power of your character so that you consistently feel challenged and can continue to progress in a situation which supports a comfortable difficulty.

I don’t join premade groups because I don’t want to encounter pugs and not feel challenged in order to achieve victory. The reverse side of that coin is that I frequently encounter team-mates who refuse to even try to beat prefabricated teams.

They’re not being social, they’re not friends, they just want honor and reputation handed to them without having to work as hard for it.

2 Likes

the devs (aggrand especially) participate in quite literally the most bare bones of the content.

i’d be surprised if he’s even done 2 BGS this entire phase

Just here to claim my toon on logs have a good day

in other late breaking news 20 year old reworked player-versus-player content on the world of warcraft video gaming program continues to be riddled with tomfoolery and chicanery, surely a stark reminder that life is horrible if this is how the gentle folk of planet earth unwind.

stay tuned for a related story in which a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig learns how to play a hunter and reportedly feels the class could use some adjustment.

2 Likes

Best solution is for solo players to just stop queuing…then it will be all premade vs premade with massive queue times…

Wow pvp has always been and will always be about farming the casual player base

1 Like

SoD is heading is a very bad direction if this is the devs opinion on this matter.

The OUTRIGHT majority of players dont like premades… They are siding with super sweaties that bully others in game over the more casual players that actually fund the company.

I have cancelled my account on this and you all will eventually as well… Then they will change the thinking and ban raiding in BGs.

But it will be too late…

1 Like

I honestly believe the devs dont play the game very much… I think if they tried to get exalted in WSG they would understand.

1 Like

I think it was kind of obvious that this was going to be the response. They released the game a long with statements about wanting to keep the game ‘classic’. In the original version of the game, premades reigned supreme. The initial demand for classic servers was to play the original game, so you should expect resistance to the idea of modernizing the BG queues, among many other things.

There’s nothing wrong with this. This has always been a game where organizing groups is heavily rewarded. You should remember that this is a version of the game where raids required 40 people, but for some reason you think PvP gear should take little to no co-operation/organization?

You should remember this is a seasonal realm. The decisions they make for the game should be so that people enjoy the game. not the opposite. We’re here for a year and the it’s over. If they want people to stick around for that year then they should make decisions that give the most amount of people an enjoyable experience. Litterally game dev 101

1 Like