Dev's take on pvp queues is highly disappointing

Another arrogant and out of touch post from a Blizzard team leader? No way!

9 Likes

Exactly. Regardless of where you fall on the premade/pug debate, his logic is completely nonsensical.

He knows people don’t actually want 10v10 sweatfests. People want to stack gear and comps, and as soon as you take away the roflstomp meta 10 mans go away. He hints at this when he admits that some of those queues would never pop if they go through with it.

Personally I’m not gonna listen to xXwarriorchadXx shout at me to top him off for 30 straight games of WSG. I’d do some bgs on comms with a few people I know who are chill and like to clown on people sometimes, but that’s not viable right now. We can do that in Ashenvale and have WAY more fun.

The dumbest part of the whole thing IMO is that they dealt with almost the exact same problem over a decade ago with twinks, and they literally solved it by putting them in their own que.

5 Likes

oops was just quoting something

Premades have always existed lmao

Most people PuGd for most of this games history.

Yea premades existed. They just never felt necessary like they do in SoD.

4 Likes

Just make a solo q, we’ll see how many people “live for” premades.

1 Like

Exactly, if they want to push premades so much then why is solo queue even a thing? They’re just plinking randoms together with random group comps to get absolutely schooled game after game and saying those guys should also premade. But the solo queue player is always going to suffer as a result. Their take only works in a world where solo queue is literally not possible.

I don’t pvp because even the premades are terrible

1 Like

Im so disappointed that a Dev takes the side of a sweaty premade that just wants to farm solo players in the GY. This is alarming for the health of the game.

7 Likes

Casual battlegrounds are more welcoming to playing specs in PvP that a premade group wont welcome.

Example is Disc Priests being the most wanted build for PvP in a premade at 25 and if you aren’t playing Disc you aren’t getting an invite, meaning if I want to have fun playing a shadow burst build in WSG I have to solo Q vs Premades until I get a Pug vs Pug.

A lot of the time… I Just give up with wanting to do WSG as shadow and opt in for World PvP instead and only do premades WSG as Disc.

I am more wondering if premade AV is going to come around again, the first iteration of Classic (Relaunch) had premade groups just AFK voting people out of the BG for servers they didn’t like and if you were unlucky enough to solo Q into a formed premade of your faction you were almost instantly removed from the battleground for not being part of the same server.

I seriously hope they change their stance on this and force premade vs premade combat, as I am happy to do premade vs premade but during downtime I’d like the option to solo Q.

1 Like

Exactly this. In many of the other threads on this topic, THIS is the most missed point.

Premades aren’t fun. Premade vs. premade isn’t fun. Premade stomping pugs because you’re an antisocial jerk that enjoys other people’s suffering and wants to ruin their fun is for some people.

For others, premades are to finish rep that should have been available in Ashenvale and isn’t anymore. For them, premades are a speedy solution to a problem and they could care less about the effect on the game or community.

This has been a slow realization by actions that the SoD dev team is 100% clueless on PVP and what the community at large wants.

1st) They removed trash giving rep beyond revered
– Result? Premade WSG creation for quick wins.
2nd) They added the 20% damage reduction to WSG
– Result? Priest / Hunter god comp meta, preventing most other classes from joining unless they were the lucky 1-3 odd men out. Else, suffer in the solo queue with the peasants and lose your way to exalted.
3rd) Ag is doubling down on his anti-customer service actions.
– Result? Obviously it’ll be losing customers if someone above him doesn’t yank the leach, and quick.

Also, remember that the folks on this forum trying to defend this premade nonsense are very few, same on Reddit and other places of general interaction and communication. The Twitter responses are overwhelmingly one level or another of “wtf dude?!?” This garbage is being pushed by a minority of the player base, supported by streamers, that Blizzard listens to and continue to sink their games.

4 Likes

they’ll remember for next time.

2 Likes

Premades have always been a thing. 20 years of WoW. Now they’re gonna change it because people who can’t bother to find a group are whining?

Hope they stick to their guns on this one. Just too dumb to have 6 queue pools for 3 BGs.

1 Like

It’s just eye-roll worthy hypocrisy coming from people arguing in favor of pre-made stomps because the game is supposed to be “social,” yet most of these people (including the classic developers) oppose adding decent in-game features to actually find and form groups. They refuse to turn the pre-made group finder on despite it already existing. They refuse to use the cross-server config they used in WotLKC for PvP groups since there weren’t as many people available for that type of content per-server. They refuse to add the communities feature in-game (which would be the equivalent to joining a discord for WSG or Ashenvale).

Instead they want you to re-solve the game’s limitations that Blizzard already has in-game solutions for, but refuse to turn on, by using a third party software they have no control over that only a portion of the playerbase will be using at all, let alone on the same servers. Every time Classic’s trash social features are highlighted, the devs response is “go to discord” rather than just turning on the in-game features that would let the entire playerbase do the same thing in-game.

/golfclap

3 Likes

Cry more, it’s part of the game and here to stay.

1 Like

Yea, this baffles me too. There are tons of tools that wouldn’t hurt the Era style experience in the slightest that they just refuse to adopt or implement.

You should look at the Twitter feed from what he said earlier. Most and I stress nearly all the responses boil down to one level or another of “wtf dude”?!?!?

5, AV should just be basic group queue. No raid. There is zero reason for this to be 40 vs 40 raid, the BG was never designed for 2 coordinated 40 mans to go at it.

It DOES however work smashingly if you have several small groups that communicate internally for individual objectives. Now that’s fun when that happens.

1 Like

Such an excellent point. I really hope they start acknowledging this blind spot.

1 Like

Very stupid justfications for this by tone deaf developers. I assume they all run premades.

5 Likes

Dude was basically saying that the pre-made fun is more important than the 10 randoms fun. Getting curb stomped for just trying to PvP is not anyone’s idea of fun.
They are worried that with separate queues, that pre-made would have longer queues, well, they could random queue, and have a legitimate match! I mean, that’s an option for them!!

2 Likes

If their solution to this glaring issue is “idk” then give us a way to get revered-> exalted rep outside of battlegrounds. I’d rather play garbage Ashenvale because it’s still better than standing in a graveyard for 1 mark at a time.

Extremely disappointing answer from Aggrend.

3 Likes