Devs Say They Won't Ban Tanks from Solo Shuffle But You Don't Include Them Either

No they absolutely do not. If you want to play a tank go do RBGs.

2 Likes

Is abomb hiding his main because he’s still a 1500 player from when he was in Cata?

The lesson is everyone, including the devs, need to quit taking the game so seriously. Esports is never going to happen.

Read the most recent blizz topics on the forums lol. Spoke too soon.

No. They keep trying, keep failing, keep trying to figure out how to make it work but it’s not going to catch on.

The game has too much going on for the average viewer to understand. It’s a disco that only players understand. Just as so many others on other social media sites have to learn, twitch is not the world.

2 Likes

That is a very unfortunate mindset. Right now one of the big complaints about solo shuffle is long queues and lack of players. They artificially limit tanks from joining with harsh nerfs, they discourage healers with brutal dampening. Making arena a pure dps ungabunga affair doesn’t seem to be healthy. Perhaps a change in mindset would server better and there are a lot of ways to go about it.

I mean if you just look at prot, give it middle of the pack damage, but strong CC and expand their tools like intervene to be able to protect their teammates and shutdown enemy kill windows, and suddenly you got a spec that would pair well with glass cannon specs and be healthy for the game.

You mean like 1% max healing every 2 seconds, 30% max health healing and shielding, on top of tools like evasion, and their CC to stop damage? They have plenty and you are just showing your bias.

The only person here who has added nothing and demonstrated that they don’t know what they are talking about is you.

4 Likes

Have you considered that that’s a failure of design?

Cool, condescension. Any askers?

Cite sources please.

Because of them replacing healers and Blizzard making no active attempt to reasonably balance tanks in PvP.

I’m sorry, who are you?

Or Blizzard could do the damned work its players are paying for, and balance PvP to not exclude an entire role and segment of players.

3 Likes

Give Revenge a 60% MS and bring back Shield Slam dispel. Then my sub par damage means something with my team mate.

Rogues are super tanks that heal for way way too much with the best control and damage. It’s actually crazy.

I literally have more PvP achieves than you. If you want to see my current main I’m Ranked #1 in US for Prot in Solo shuffle atm. You play the most broken spec then complain about one that isn’t competitive. Kinda funny.

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware rogues had access to the same abilities and block/offhealing that tanks do.

The fact you’re trying to compare the two proves you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Have you considered tanks are a pve spec and have no place in arena?

Shoe fits.

The forum.

Because they act as a second healer. Double healer dps was banned in threes for a reason.

Someone not hiding on an alt.

It’s not excluded but it should be.

Guardian druid was briefly viable in Early SL season 1. Only at lower MMR. But it was the sort of balance I wish they’d baked into tanks in PvP.

Gimmick was that you’d take moonkin affinity, and when they went “oh it’s just a guardian druid, we can ignore them”, you would pop into moonkin and instantly delete them with convoke. Ignore the tank and be punished, is how tanks in PvP should work.

Whether that’s allowing tanks to redirect damage to themselves at favorable conversions, or allowing taunt to force people to target them, or giving them gimmicks that will kill the other team if left alone. Point is that tanks should have a place in PvP, even if it’s means destroying the stale meta of arena teams just focusing one person with cooldowns and hoping they get a first kill.

2 Likes

This is how you know you’re 1500. Rogues have been squishy for expansions when you actually know how to kill them. Most of the time they are the kill target.

Oh i just added this above. Time to put you on ignore you aren’t helping the thread and your takes are nonsense. Even if you were good at PvP your takes are still unhealthy for it.

I want to keep this thread constructive though. Even though players like this one just prove my point with the current dilemma with Tanks in PvP. If Tanks are going to be included in Solo shuffle they need their design changed. Either buff their utility/durability to make up for damage or buff damage to compete.

1 Like

Have you considered that that’s a failure of design?

Any askers?

According to the forums gear should be in the mailbox, Blizzard should balance everybody’s favorite classes to be the best classes, and Blizzard should cater to everybody’s favorite content at the expense of other content.

I’m not sure I’d ever cite the forums for anything.

Sure, and while that was a problem, throwing the baby out with the bathwater is not a solution.

And who is?

Quite the trash take.

2 Likes

Neither do the tank pvp specs, they have different builds. Most of the time it’s going to be a Warrior or Druid that you run into which have different playstyles to the other specs in the class. You won’t see many Tank DHs queueing since the class fantasy is available in Havoc PvP fine.

1 Like

So ignoring the obvious troll in the thread lets see if we can brainstorm something a little more constructive.

While i like the dispel I feel no class should have a 60% mortal strike while dampening is a thing, especially not 100% uptime that Revenge would allow. That said I wouldn’t hate that idea if dampening was removed.

Bringing things like MS, CC, shredding defenses like bubble/armor/etc and an abundance of defensives not just for yourself but also your team, as long as they require strict timing to properly benefit from, is where I feel prot war at least should be. I was never a huge fan of the prot burst builds as they felt gimmicky and in some cases toxic when you could proc back to back shield slams for insane burst with little/no counterplay.

1 Like

They’re included in the mode and being tuned appropriately.

By fully utilizing the supportive aspects of their kit.

You know, playing their role.

With all the shenanigans going on in solo shuffle, I wouldn’t touch it with a 10 and a half foot pole.

Agreed

Dampening was supposed to be a band-aid. First we had the “Crowd chooses you” which didn’t work. However they should of worked on PvP balance in order to remove Dampening. At some point it does need to go away. It’s a problem

Well I went with 60% because Tank MS should be higher than DPS. However as long as Tank MS is better than they now offer something to comps.

Prot War had Shield Slam dispel up too WoD until Glad stance arrived. The difference was Glad stance didn’t have the dispel as it was a Dps. When they removed Glad stance Prot’s dispel went with it for some reason. Which really killed their utility and ability to compete in Arena.

WoD was the last time Prot War was competitive. So bring back the dispel and work on other utility. Then do this across the board with other Tanks.

1 Like

Keep thinking you’re good at the game. Keep hiding on that 1500 alt.

You should learn what check pvp is :joy:

But keep ignoring your obvious betters because you can’t refute valid points.

ITT is nothing but a bunch of 1500 players crying because tanks aren’t super viable.

The issue is they think they can fix pvp healing with blanket changes that are ever present and it just doesn’t work. Countering a healer needs to require player input, and people need to plan their team comps appropriately.

Arena tends to be healthiest when 1 person is the bulk of the damage, 1 person is the bulk of the utility, and 1 is the healer. Yes there is overlap for all of course but the double melee cleave that just faceroles on the keyboard with abusive MS mechanics+dampening is not a healthy playstyle that should be supported imo.

If blizz designed around this philosophy of having poqerful healers that server as a counter the double glass cannon options, who wouldn’t have the utility to shutdown a healer, it would be easy to make such a meta happen and remove dampening.

I think it is a viable option with the removal of dampening. With dampening being what it is, however, I think prot should be more in line with where arms was in Shadowlands. Things like the banner, intervene+ignore pain, AoE zerker rage, slows, stuns, high mobility, dispels, sunder armor, team spell reflect, etc are the things i would love to see return to the spec.

For those who think tanks are about being OP it isn’t. Sword&Board both as a warrior fighting shoulder to shoulder with his allies, and as a holy warrior is a common class fantasy. Likewise being a terrifying bear and monsterious demon instilling fear and chaos into your enemies are things people can relate to and wish to be able to play as both in pve AND in pvp.

1 Like