Devs Say They Won't Ban Tanks from Solo Shuffle But You Don't Include Them Either

It was always a PvE role (other than when they made some overpowered change that got reverted) that did somewhat good in some PvP situations.

Seeing a tank in PvP was always in niche scenarios, which it still can be- solo shuffle isnt one of them. Solo shuffle isnt the end-all-be-all of PvP.

Tank warriors werent even prot in vanilla… or at least they shouldnt of been

Yes because they shouldn’t be there period. Bad players play tanks because it makes them feel better than they actually are.

Tanks in death match games are literally worthless and they should ban them.

As a higher rated experienced player I offer more than most.

3 Likes

If the shoe fits.

Bad players Que as tanks in arena because they aren’t the focus target and it makes them feel better that it takes forever to die.

Which is why this thread exist. Again thanks for proving my point.

This is just not true. There have been many Rank 1 players and titles given to talent players playing Tanks. They have even competed in tournaments as Tank and it was amazing and some of the best matches.

I think it’s far more skillful to get high rating or compete as Tank than Dps. Which is why we appreciate it when we see it.

Not sure if you are higher rated, however your rating doesn’t mean you will offer anything to the discussion. Being reasonable and talking to the points being brought up is what matters. Which you don’t seem capable of.

This take alone disqualifies you from offering anything to the discussion. I hope you find joy IRL. Honestly to think this is just wild.

3 Likes

It’s not proving your point. I’m saying the devs should ban tanks not make them viable.

Yes and all those players that cheesed playing prot are laughed at because they are actually awful and cheesed their way to glad.

No one respects them.

That’s because you’re clueless and 100% wrong.

I am. And it means I have credibility.

Sorry you can’t handle facts.

Which is proving my point. :man_facepalming: :roll_eyes:

Being rude and hating on people is just bad behavior. That is a fact. Again you have proven you can’t offer anything to the discussion except proving my point. I’ll take the bump and you continuously proving my point. Which I do appreciate.

Everything from the hate towards them, to you leaving when you get a Tank in Solo Que is proving my point. So carry on :slight_smile:

This is why the Devs need to do better. It would be healthier for the PvP community.

4 Likes

It’s not being rude. I’m stating how the majority of the arena community views tanks in arena.

No one respects them
No one wants them.

It’s braindead cheese that bad players play.

I dontnque solo shuffle. It’s already doa.

Yes it would be healthier for the community if they outright banned tanks from arenas. Thanks for agreeing with me.

So then you really don’t have anything to contribute to this thread. I mean it’s in the title. :weary: :rofl:

Which is proving my point.

2 Likes

The devs need to split PvP from PvE and finally allow themselves to have a balanced Esports game like they want.

I would love to have this back.

:panda_face:

1 Like

They don’t want their damage to compete with damage specs. In PvP, you should have to trade something to get all that durability and control that tank specs have over DPS specs, and blizzard has decided that it should be damage.

Tanks only have one spec?

1 Like

Which would be a reasonable trade-off, if it existed. Instead tanks just have fewer tools and no real claim to superior durability the majority of the time.

It’s braindead cheese that Blizzard has deliberately neutered into non-viability the majority of the time?

How is it cheese if it’s typically not viable by forceful design?

Yeah, no. No reasonable person agrees with you.

If they can’t figure out how to balance tanks in PvP without impacting active seasons, maybe PvP should get turned off until they’ve figured something out.

When it is viable it’s braindead cheese. I didn’t think I needed to explain that.

Prot paladin healing in Wrath
Prot warrior in African Turtle Cleave in Wrath
Blood DK in Cata
Guardian Druid in BFA
Prot Paladin in BFA
Guardian Druid in SL
Prot Paladin in SL

If you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about it’s best you don’t say anything.

Cite sources please. Because everyone was so upset with tanks in solo shuffle there was an outcry over it.

Again don’t talk about things you don’t know anything about.

Or people can stop trying to play a pve spec in pvp.

The problem is that they’ve chosen to make tanking the most annoying job in PvE, with the most responsibility, and they think that should be enough. They don’t want tanks to do PvP. Tanks don’t fit into their vision of the future of PvP, which is all esports all the time.

This “logic” on the surface seems legit until you unpack it.

Sure a sub rogue doesn’t go into arena with his pve talents, he instead takes his more single target CC talents, or pvp spec as you put it.

Prot wars, however, don’t get this choice. They don’t get to choose to not take their pve survivability talents in exchange for pvp damage/utility talents. On the few cases they have been able to it has quickly been gutted.

Be sure no one, not even tanks, want them to be like Guardian Druids where just one patch ago where they tanked an entire BG solo while scoring kills. That was stupid and rightfully nerfed.

What they want is the option to be able to have comparable DPS/Survivability/utility that DPS have when they decide to go arena. They don’t want to be unkillable gods, they don’t want to be one shot machines and they don’t want to make it impossible for others to play the game. They want to be able to compete in a fair and balanced way, which is absolutely doable and would be healthy, as having multiple playstyles adds variety to classes which helps keep the game from being stale, and considering the game is nearly 2 decades old, becoming stale is something Blizz devs should be cautious of.

3 Likes

Different mind sets I guess. I dont believe every spec of every class should have the same effectiveness in PvP and PvE- and tanking is a spec. Some specs like prot or arcane are better in PvE and trash at PvP, and some are the opposite. When I say go in with your pvp talents, I dont mean respec your prot tree to single target or whatever. I mean go fury/arms.

Same thing for an arcane mage going to PvP spec. That isnt them switching some arcane talents around, thats them switching to frost or fire entirely (not sure which is the best PvP atm)

Every spec of every class CAN be used in PvP and succeed at doing so. But that might not be in solo shuffle, maybe its in BGs.

Glad Stance was the peak of Sword & Board warrior’s.

And do you know how many people use the S & B style in pre-history as a offence and not defence?

The Spartan’s would like a word with all the cry baby rouges.

1 Like

Dps are more durable than Tanks though. That’s the problem. So there is no advantage or anything Tanks offer in Solo shuffle. They don’t have durability, utility or damage that is competitive with other Dps.

At least give Tanks an awesome MS and Dispel. They need something if they are going to be squishier than Dps and have less damage.

Or reverse the 60% increase damage for Tanks down too 30% so they can offer at least some durability. Right now most Dps have better defensives and mitigation while having 3 times the damage and better utility.

Tanks aren’t providing anything and if they are going to be included. Then the Devs need to change their design and buff them to be competitive. Otherwise it’s just going to make it rough when Tanks are on your team.

1 Like

Rogues don’t have access to survivability talents like tanks do. They aren’t even comparable.

Yes they do. It’s the only reason to go as a tank.

You clearly have zero clue what you’re talking about.