Developer Update: A Look at What’s Ahead for Wrath of the Lich King Classic

We agree! I think it’ll cause a bigger gear gap and will send more people down the RMT path when they can’t do the daily anymore.

5 Likes

harder content = people quit

You forget your audience are boomers with 8 kids, and 20 jobs.

21 Likes

If you want to make all these changes do it in the SOM version of WOTLK (which no one will play). I guess the people in charge of vanilla SOM are getting their hands on WOTLK now looking to justify their paychecks by ruining wrath.

30 Likes

Until you start perma-banning RMT players & other cheaters, bots & boosters, the overall server community will remain the dumpster fire that it is & force people to confine their grouping activities to a guild-only bubble-environment that matches their play values in order to enjoy the actual “Classic MMORPG Experience”. Still, a lot of damage has already been done & other fixes/resets would have to be implemented on top of perma-bans. But, it will never happen, because it is all about $$$ subscriptions & Blizzard doesn’t want to lose the sizeable chunk of their subscriber base who engages in that sort of anti-community/game nonsense.

8 Likes

Excuse me! 20 kids and 8 jobs!

3 Likes

Harder content = \ = people quit

Needing 5 shamans and there being 1 rogue spot == people quit

2 Likes

That’s how it will still work for people who play like this. In the Ulduar patch, heroics drop the same badge tier as 25man naxx. But if you played in the beginning, you’ll already have that gear. So as each raid tier progresses, if you played raids, you won’t need the heroic badges for anything, because you’ll be flush with those badges from raiding in that tier.

They are just saying this will happen from the beginning, instead of starting in ToC and ICC patches only. Heroics will give badges that give the previous raid tier equivalent items.

1 Like

Hope all the TBC shamans are ready to reroll for wrath.

3 Likes

Daily quest gives 2 top tier badges, you’ll still be doing 1 dungeon a day.

1 Like

Yeah the best part of wrath is not needing to reroll to be viable, not min max, but viable

but that’s how it worked to begin with, isn’t it?

For the record there are mentions in that blog that I actually would not like to see in WOTLK-C, but they were mentioned in the “we have decided not to implement” pile they referred to.

1 Like

I remember Wrath where classes were fun. I wonder if they’ll start tinkering with class abilities and mechanics to make everything not fun, to go along with a bunch of other make-everything-like-retail scaled junk.

9 Likes

Yup, a lot of people seemed to think different though. like you’d be done with dungeons after phase 1

Did your dev team ever stop to think that maybe some of these things you’re so aimlessly taking out of WOTLK Classic, are the things that most of us enjoyed about wrath in the first place, which was also why it was the most played expansion?

I don’t know who you got the poll data from, to make your dev team change their mind about LFD / raid lockouts, but clearly you guys missed the mark.

The WoW Dev team, is LITERALLY wasting their time re-creating the wheel on a dungeon finder tool, when you had something that worked just perfectly in wrath. Why not make improvements to the wrath version of LFD vs recreating the wheel just to feel cool. Like you guys did with the Infernal Gladiatior title.

The dev team is trying to hard to recreate WOTLK, but in whos vision?

If WOTLK was the best / most played played expansion, in the eyes of majority of the community, why would you try so hard to take away features. If anything you should focus on adding features and improvments. Again, recreating the wheel, wasting so many man hours and for what.

If you want to serve these pillars in a meaningful way, why go out of your way to ruin the “best” expansion WoW’s ever had.

This new dungeon tool the dev team has created, is just a gloridied trade chat or bulliten board addon.

It’s also highly possible, that some people don’t want to deal with interaction as much as you’d like to think.

46 Likes

At this point, DragonFlight looks fun.

10 Likes

And I honestly don’t think the changes listed here are necessarily bad.

Was already going to do 10 and 25 man, so getting Valor from 10 man naxx will be a nice bonus.

And buffing naxx if done right and not overdoing it could be a good thing, all the pservers do it.

1 Like

Please change the name of the expansion.

This isn’t Classic Wrath anymore. It’s “Wrath Re-dux.” or some other stupid variation of that, with all the changes your just haphazardly shoving in. There’s going to be nothing 'Classic" about this expansion.

39 Likes

I agree!! This sounds great!

Spot the player who didn’t do TOGC. I won!

5 Likes

I think the spirit of classic was having to rely on other people to obtain your goals.

If you want to go fast, go alone, if you want to go far, go together!

2 Likes