Developer Update: A Look at What’s Ahead for Wrath of the Lich King Classic

Wow… looks awful. Hooray more bad news for wotlk. :roll_eyes:

35 Likes

Forcing people to do 10 and 25 man lockouts EVERY week on EVERY alt for valor crap farm thanks…you idiots don’t even play the game.

10 Likes

Just wanted to chime in to say thank you for all your work and thank you for the continued communication you’ve been bringing to us players. I think we won’t know what it looks like until it’s actually here and the majority of players can experience what you’ve been discussing. It’s easy to complain behind a computer screen and avatar!

I also just want to say that some of us are actually aligned with you in your decision to leave out Dungeon Finder. Let’s just see how it goes, yeah?

I understand my viewpoint on the subject matter may differ from a large portion of players though. I play a healer and a tank, finding groups has been very easy or I just form them myself. There’s a lot of communication and group forming outside the game to with Discord as well. I’m also a Co-GM in my guild, we raid every week and I enjoy the camaraderie that we build each week with regulars and new players a like. I’ve been playing since Vanilla and I used the heck out of Dungeon Finder back in 2008/2009 in Wrath. I never found a guild to call home until near the end of ICC, but I can see how having that easy button tool fostered a habit of avoiding people, getting what I wanted, and leaving.

I’m rambling now. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Looking forward to Wrath!

10 Likes

We were going to do it anyway, so imo it’s a good change to bring naxx/ulda in line with totc/icc.

This is how wrath was, you ran 10 and 25 every week.

3 Likes

Wrath is not Vanilla and the dev team needs to stop pretending otherwise.

44 Likes

I dont like the idea of doing Dungeons all expansion over and over again. Retail is this way, and pretty bad, thats why i dont like retail. I like how Wrath works. You spam dungeons for 2 weeks and then just Raids. Being forced to do dungeons every day/week will be very annoying.

I liked Naxx buff tho

4 Likes

It was always going to be like that for the start of each phase.

You’re not going to want to miss out on 14 badges every week.

3 Likes

I’m glad they didn’t implement the same loot dropping in 10 and 25 man. They had this experiment called “Cataclysm” that didn’t pan out for this.

4 Likes

More authentic would be to not touch anything… There is nothing “authentic”, and they are moving further away from “authentic” every change they make.

34 Likes

These people are so clueless.

41 Likes

I mean, it lasted for longer than different loot. 2 exp vs 1

1 Like

Thank you for the transparency, hopefully we can get more detailed information on what changes we might see before they happen.

I for one welcome changes because original Vanilla/TBC/WotLK had constant updates every few months that changed the game and kept it fresh. I have little interest in just replaying the same exact carbon copy of 3.3.5 with all its flaws knowing nothing will be done to fix them. Knowing that there will be some changes and that there is at least some thought process put into it is good in my book, whatever people might have to say about it.

Don’t stop posting those blue posts, regardless of the negativity or disagreement it might bring, more transparency is always good.

24 Likes

So much work/effort to avoid the easier solution, → LFD

56 Likes

What a joke! They go out of their way to say “No, no, guys we at Blizzard are totally listening” then follow that up with listening to the vocal minority. You should not cater to them, they’re the same reason why Wildstar failed MISERABLY! Blizzard is totally just listening to those that align with their design goals. The majority keeps speaking out and we are telling Blizzard to keep LFD in WotLK.

Pugging dungeons that aren’t particularly hard isn’t socially better than LFD, because I guarantee that pugs are just as antisocial. If I have to spend 30 minutes to an hour looking for a group in chat when the dungeon takes 10-15 minutes to complete, you’re not doing us any favors by not including LFD.

Why do you think PVP was so popular for casuals during vanilla, bc, and wrath before LFD? Because it was queueable content. Sure, you had to sit in Org/Stormwind, but at least you didn’t have to sit in chat building your group.

35 Likes

You’re missing the whole point of why we wanted Classic in the first place… fix the bugs and leave it alone. We want the game how it used to be, not how you think it should be now.

I’ll make you a to-do list to help:

• Add back in LFD because the community has asked for it repeatedly, it was in Wrath, leave it in.
  • Stop making changes.
  • Fix bugs.
87 Likes

Retail WoW is a glittering lure, for both players and developers. On the whole, I prefer actual nostalgia, rather than modified.

In case you need to know what nostalgia is. Please don’t screw up Wrath with Retail-oriented garbage changes.

8 Likes

The idea of #nochanges is completely thrown in the garbage since we’ll be getting 3.3.5 from launch which you know… completely changed the game.

Good changes blizz

2 Likes

It’s not Classic Wrath anymore. Just call it Wrath Reimagined.

#somechanges I was ok with. This? I dunno…

19 Likes

Personally, I think they’ve got quite a bit of wiggle room on this issue! Wrath 5-mans are somewhat notorious for being easy in comparison to TBC 5-mans. If anything, this just makes the leap in difficulty more jarring when people enter Forge of Souls, The Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection for the first time!

Though that’s just my perspective. I can totally see how more difficult heroics might turn some people off.

1 Like

We want the world you know to feel familiar even though we are changing every single aspect of it from the open world, to dungeons and raids and even the systems you knew of in Wrath.

Come experience the familiarity of a completely changed Wrath of the Lich King!

11 Likes