Dev Philosophy

Since it keeps coming up in all these arguments, I wanted to point out the elements that make it clear Blizzard is not trying to cherry-pick from different patches for their final experience. They are presenting progressive content until CP6, but not remaining at any of those earlier patches. The recent Itemisation post has the best quote, but they have been littered through all communication that the Dev team has provided.

After careful consideration, we decided on Patch 1.12: Drums of War as our foundation, because it represents the most complete version of the classic experience.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21881587/dev-watercooler-world-of-warcraft-classic

3 Likes

And so are we allowed to disagree and argue or because your lord and savior Blizzard has said something we should just say amen to it?

No, but you’re not allowed to claim that Blizzard has said they want to cherry pick.

I get that you want to cherry pick.

1 Like

Actually, they cherry picked a poison. One I would agree with. Managing expectations and all that.

The irony of posting this on a WoW character who probably has hundreds of days of play time. :rofl:

Just don’t complain when people post asking for changes like class balance if we’re going to act like Blizzard telling us how it is doesn’t matter.

Meta, very meta.