Only 2 things left

I am serious:

They are are bringing all things from 1.12

Shading was not in 1.12

No sharding confirmed.

I guarantee you there will be sharding at least in starting areas.

Extremists think if they shard the starting area we will have cross server sharding making you feel constantly alone.
That is not the case.

You will appreciate the early sharding so that you can play.

2 Likes

I chose to consider it as missing the /s at the end. “They are taking 1.12 for all things” has been the troll shut down for AV and progressive itemization.

I don’t mind a few days with high queues. I’ve waited for over a decade for this; I can wait a day or two for the queues to settle down. Sharding is a solution for the terminally impatient, and thus we don’t need it.

1 Like

Last I checked, Blizzard had not made any official announcement about reversing their decision in regards to sharding. We may not know the specifics, but we know it will exist in some capacity. I don’t like it, but it is what it is until they say otherwise.

As far as loot trading goes, they did reverse their decision (mostly) to remove loot trading, and they did this in an official capacity.

I’m not misleading anyone, I’m just going with what has been stated.

Ah is this… i did write wrong, english don’t are my first lang and… has some strange rules for me.

Didn’t see the ? At the end haha

1 Like

8.2 will prob launch late June-early July. I bet the earliest you will see Classic is a month after 8.2.

Sharding is being seriously investigated, and if they were willing to say it out loud, it means that its most likely on the table, and they need to work out the least destructive method of using it. Blue-post-confirmed? No. Almost guaranteed based on statements by Ion and Brion… pretty much.

I don’t have this thought. Ion and Brion sayd One time “Hmm maybe we need sharding” a one year ago. This for me don’t are a evidence that they will use sharding.

I hope that they will have a better choice than that.

Edit: i know, it’s a 6 months ago, but for me this looks like a year ago, omg how time are slowly…

They were talking about it in November at Blizzcon.

I edited a sec before you post, but ok man, they said maybe will use sharding one time 6 months ago, this for me still don’t are a evidence.

In lieu of any other statement on it, that’s where we stand. When they announce anything new (i.e. one of the two things this post is asking for) we can all adjust where that ‘collective knowledge’ stands.

The dial is far more towards sharding than away from it.

Ok, there are that argument that the only time that they talked about that they expressed in favor of that.

But now we have one more point, they are using 1.12 as base more than anyone guessed before it’s still probably that they don’t use that or had develop a better thing for the launch issue.

We knew that well before Blizzcon 2019 though.

I’d be lying if I told you I would be one of those that would refuse to play. After 10 years of waiting, I’m not going to let this issue become a deal breaker for me.

But I would also be lying if I said that I was completely cool with them turning up sharding to their heart’s content. I wan’t specifics, as we all do. Immersion is a huge deal for me, for a lot of people.

I hope you’re right about server identity, but I also know that Blizzard doesn’t want to identify with server instability, and let’s be honest, queues, if it’s in their power to help alleviate any launch day nightmare scenarios.

I played during the original launch, and if Blizzard, at that time, said that they could implement a technology that would make queues disappear by introducing sharding to starting areas, I’m sure most people would have been agreeable.

It’s the long term that worries me, as well as the extent of the sharding.

Whatever their plans for sharding are.

1 Like

Releasing both together or in close proximity could serve two purposes.

• reduces potential need for any sharding by keeping retail focused players in BfA. They’ll dip their toes into the classic pool later on when the excitement of the patch dies down.

• Blizzard execs can get all excited about the big spike in sub numbers and can go rushing to tell the investors about it.

Everybody wins.

Let’s seriously hope so.

Given that those are two things left unanswered and the fact that we know about a “public” indoor alpha and adding the rate at which we’ve been getting news…

Calculations give our uncounted chickens a hatching window of 1-2weeks

1 Like

At least 19 days. That’s the window of time between announcing Vanilla release date and the release date itself. Great to maintain authenticity.

1 Like