Dethrone mechanic messed up my alt guild

I started an ult guild for my characters many years ago, and invited my in real life friend so we could both use it. i promoted him to gm so we could both use all the features of the guild. we both stopped playing and i was dethroned by one of his characters. now i want to start playing again and use the ult guild but he dethroned me before he quit also and didnt promote my character back to gm. So now 5 years later he has a family and kids and is never going to play wow again and his character is still gm of my guild. my character is still in the guild along with just his and some hunter with a random name with numbers in it? so either he got hacked and they dethroned me or he did it by accident before he stopped playing. either way 15 years of my items are stuck in a guild and i have no way of getting it back because of this in game mechanic that messed up my guild.

You could get him to log in thru the website open a generic ticket asking for a day of game time to switch GMs literaly all he has to do is log in switch toons then uninstall he doenst even need DF to get on That would be the only real option.

i have literally tried this but dude is busy and doesn’t give a s- about a guild in a game he doesn’t play nor plan to play. just ignores my message. and the character is leve 17 so he could just install and do it would be that easy. his brother also plays and he couldn’t figure out the password. its been so long for either of them.

Then u probably gona have to move on GMS wont intervene unless he was hacked and the hacker took the guild.

well considering they don’t know the password maybe that’s what happened.

Then he would have to do a password reset or open a hacked account ticket but I doubt he was hacked.

If he was hacked they wouldve gutted the bank and kicked everyone outa the guild.

yea i don’t think it was that. i think he just forgot his password, and could care less about what i’m doing in a game. but thats not gonna solve my problem. and last time i logged on i noticed this too which discouraged me from playing. but now im back trying to get it fixed… but i can’t really wanna play a game all my stuff is just gone.

Blizzard won’t either. They will not step in to give you guild leader back. You willingly passed on guild leader to your friend.

Unless your friend is willing to gain access to their account and promote you - there is nothing else that can be done.

5 Likes

i gave him gm, but i didn’t know there was a dethrone feature in the game. which he most likely pressed by accident. messing up my guild.

Thats a bit of a stretch technicaly everything in the GB belongs to the GM and if he set it up in a way that no one could dethrone him thats his perogitive as a GM thats why blizzard set the system up so if the GM choose to take a break he could set things up so he coudlnt be dethroned.

no offense but youre giving him way too much credit saying “he set it up”. he clicked the dethrone button most likely by mistake and then has no idea how to promote people. so to say this was thought out is the strech. i know this person in real life. i just text him and he told me to ask his brother… someone who made the account and has never played on it.

Technicaly the account belongs to his brother he shouldnt be playing it in the first place thats a even bigger problem.

3 Likes

His guild. It was no longer yours when you promoted him to guild leader.

The dethrone feature has been around for a very long time.

Sadly you could have easily set up the guild so that they could have access to whatever you wanted them to without giving them full control.

8 Likes

yea i guess you’re right. if i knew these things i wouldn’t be having these problems to begin with so you’re really not helping. giving someone rank in a guild doesnt make it theirs. this was my bank build not really an actual guild so his guild my guild call it whatever you want everything in it “was” mine. not his. so this is why i’m trying to get it back. but i just got him to text me back sayin he would work on it. so lesson learned once this is fixed.

To be frank, this whole thread is a waste - no one where would be able to help, more so when it’s in a hands of someone else and the systems in place that guild masters are allowed to set if they can be dethrone at all.

1 Like

there literally was no dethrone feature when i made this guild.

well, there is now

so how could i of setup it a way to not be dethrone while i wasn’t playing?

Demote eveveryone below rank 4 and dethrone used to be only doable by ticket they changed it back in Warlords of draenor to cut up the Game master part.

These choices we make, we usually have to live with.

BUT, I have seen it where the original guild creator was working to get their guild back, in a similar situation such as yours. It’s an older post of mine from one of those instances with lots of info backing it up.

Now, the link I used for a ticket back then isn’t working. They have really pared down on what you can submit tickets for anymore, there isn’t really even too much of an option for a “not listed here” deal. So, this is going out on a limb (and hopefully, one of our SFAs will pop their head in here to correct me or offer another option) - but give this ticket path a try.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/464/ticket

It’s a “Not Listed Here” under Items and such, but it’s the best I can offer with what paths they will accept tickets under. You just need to emphasize you were the original creator of the guild and you want to try to get it back.

6 Likes