Destroying Dalaran is bad and you should feel bad

1 Like

Honestly any way you consider it, the Alliance officially gave up any claim to Lordaeron when they rejected any diplomacy from the Forsaken.

On a side note it’d have been crazy if, when making WoW, they decided to flip what they did and give undead to the Alliance and Night Elves to the Horde, effectively giving each faction their own continent.

1 Like

To be fair I’d be very surprised if this wasn’t talked about prerelease, making what we have now sort-of the flip, depending on what you’d consider an official ‘original.’

I remember hearing a dev once talk about how Night Elves almost didn’t even make it into the game as a playable race because they weren’t sure how to handle the lore from Warcraft 3 that men were druids and women were fighters. They didn’t want to gender lock classes for players.

Which obviously in the end they choose screw it, just let people play whatever.

1 Like

Lordaeron law states that when a citizen of Lordaeron dies without a will, their property goes to their closest living relative. Them later becoming “Undead” is irrelevant as the ownership of said property had already passed.

Lordaeron belongs to the living.

I would rather have a capital in your heart

Presumably to Arthas’ sister.

You know the one.

Also just to be clear, “undead” does imply they are no longer dead. Often called the living dead, in other settings, though I’m fine using only Azerothian technicalities if it suits you, Blom.

Many citizens of Lordaeron have living relatives in other kingdoms such as Gilneas, Stormwind, Kul Tiras, etc.

As I said, it does not matter if they later come back to “life” (They’re not alive, they’re Undead) the ownership of the property had already passed at the time of their death.

None of which are royalty, nor are rightful claimant to the throne.

Except Calia.

She died too.

She’s around. You can debate about aliveness, but she’s the only relative to the throne able to take it and occupy it. By rights, it’s hers.

Not sure where you got the laws about wills, but I’ll assume it’s RP and I’ll tell you what; I’ll run with it.

They would still need to register with the royal court to officiate their claim on any ancestral lands. A court that will most likely be Calia’s.

By Lordaeron law the royal court cannot be manned by corpses.

Sorry, any way you spin it Lordaeron belongs to the living.

Why would they have such a law? Corpses didn’t have a habit of moving, when they were still making laws.

Can you point to this law anywhere? Calia wasn’t undead the entire time Lordaeron’s been a ruin, either. She’d have had claim to it the entire time even if this law did exist.

Until her death she would have had claim to the Throne.

The closest living relatives of the former citizens would have claim to all the various properties of the deceased though.

So you’re stuck finding a reason for me to believe some contingency was in place to prevent corpses from becoming king or queen. A corpse can’t occupy a throne. Calia can.

As for the former citizens and their relatives, sure. Again, they should officiate those claims to make sure no fraudulent claims are simply let to go. We don’t want land going to Defias Rogues with false claims, after all.

Her claim ended when she died.

I don’t know why this is such a hard concept to understand. It’s the same as every kingdom in the history of Earth, Azeroth and any other fictional setting.

Monarchs rules until death.

You could claim that might makes right but that would still only make her the de facto ruler and not de jure.

According to what?

Because Calia is the only claimant available for a monarchy that fell. If it has a rightful claimant, it is without a doubt the only claimant that could be rightful. Calia, the last Menethil, with no one able to refute the right beyond vague claims that she’s a corpse, despite all evidence to the contrary. Walking. Talking. Reasoning. Every bit in control of her faculties as she was before the change.

Some rule in death. We live in a world where the dead cease to be lifeless, and as uncomfortable as that may make a devout Paladin, it is the immutable truth of the world.

Lordaeron law.

Again, you would need to point out this law to me, or anyone else whom you would refuse Calia’s rule.

When the monarch of a hereditary monarchy dies or abdicates, the crown typically passes to the next generation of the family. If no qualified child exists, the crown may pass to a brother, sister, nephew, niece, cousin, or other relative, in accordance with a predefined order of succession, often enshrined in legislation.

Her claim died when she did. Her later coming back into a state of Undeath is legally irrelevant to her claim. I’m done explaining hereditary monarchy to a sentient fox.