Destro lock feels really bad

Rejoice my brethren!

• Destruction
    • Chaos Bolt damage increased by 15% in PvP Combat.
    • Shadowburn damage increased by 30% in PvP Combat.
    • Incinerate damage increased by 30% in PvP Combat.
  • Developers’ note: Destruction Warlocks traditionally shine in PvP through setting up big burst windows, and we feel like they have been lacking in that regard.
3 Likes

Very happy with these buffs to destro. No more green wet noodles.

the buffs are huggge my guy dont kid yourself. Destro is already semi decent

You must be playing a different game, it’s bad in all forms of content

2 Likes

Not like liquid benched thd and had the other lock swap to destro for 2 wf kills

destro just need another form of cc in pvp and with those buff its gonna be a real moster

the real buff we need its our aoe/cleave in pve its horrendous

i guess we are since youve only played a handful of rated games this season

Nope dude moosoaps isnt good at destro so that means the spec is trash and ANYONE that disagrees is trash and a liar and a noob. Welcome to the Wow forums

Locks have been saying Cataclysm should be baseline for a very long time. Don’t think it’s happening at this point. Even though Demono is my least favorite spec i gave up on aff and destro for the time being and play demono.

i feel like its clumsy, slower, forced and I am having trouble with rotation consistency. Also, for some reason CB feels soft.

I’m on the first page of rated destro locks, played enough to know it’s not in a good spot, not to mention the entirety of last expansion that I played as destro

Usually i level my lock first on a new xpac kinda wishing i had leveled my rogue. As destro i am barely staying above tank damage lol. Feels super slow pack dies sometimes before i can get cb out.

1 Like

They made an expansion filled to the brim with forced movement and permanent aoe swirlies and dashes flying around.

Did you expect the least mobile spec in the game to do well under these conditions?

I expect blizzard to balance things to be inclusive of all specs.

3 Likes

I got news for you, my sweet summer child. Ask feral how many expansions it has taken.

It was sarcasm…

On a side note, Dracthyr’s just look disgusting in their forum portraits.

Can we just ban everyone from posting on those abominations?

and even in those situations, Cry Havoc isn’t doing enough.

5% CB is a tiny step in the right direction, but we need another 6-10% in RoF coupled with some other AoE tuning, like Cata/CDF/Cry Havoc.

I’m trying super hard to make things work, like usual. For Destro, since all the good players are slow rolling M+ or too busy, I’ve clawed my way into R3 in the region and R7 in the world as of this posting. Our stacked mob damage isn’t sufficient.

I think 10% RoF and another 5% to CB. I really didn’t notice any difference in the CB buff.

I barely use RoF. Only if we have 5+, which doesn’t seem to happen that often this season. The rest I just cata and havoc cleave. At least this week is a little less movement intense.

tested bolts today, screen shot the damage

in pvp there is zero difference in damage. Tested for over 45 minutes, different talents, etc. The damage is the same or in some talent configurations - much worst.

I dont think they uploaded the buffs.

3 Likes

I did this as well last night. I assumed people would yell enough for Blizz to push it through once everyone noticed, but I’m pretty sure they didn’t change anything as of then.

2 Likes