Destro lock feels really bad

Incinerate making it really dumb right now , but in DF there is literally nothing scary about a destro lock

11 Likes

It can be really powerful and fun but what they did was actually make it a little harder to play imo. I’ve seen some destro locks absolutely pump shooting out 20 chaos bolts in 30 seconds to some aoe packs but it’s not as intuitive as perhaps destro players are used to.

I’m trying to get the demo portal rotation down and it ain’t easy trying to weave in so many different gcds, EEP! lol

3 Likes

I agree

pls boof CB Ion kthxbbygurl

8 Likes

I should have noted this is from a pvp perspective, chaos bolt hitting like a wet noodles is so strange, no dark soul to buff it, even if enemy just runs behind the pillar for the entirety of dark soul it gave us something to be afraid of. People just stand in my face and eat chaos bolt like it’s nothing lol

9 Likes

frankly chaos bolt is one of those spells in the game they have to buff in pvp at least, it really does nothing in pvp, it used to be scary, like you said “people eat chaos bolt like it’s nothing” now.

5 Likes

I agree with some of the statements, especially concerning Chaos bolt…I remember back in mists and Rated BG’s, boyyyyyy when you saw one of those flying at you, butts were clenched…But its not as impactful and i only press it because its a spender on single target boss fights. Otherwise yea its not as scary anymore.

10 Likes

It’s sadly for the fact that destro ‘can’ pump out insane amount of bolts in a small window of time that they cannot buff it… too much of destro’s power is gated behind cooldown windows and suffers outside of them.

I’d love to see some of that power shift from cooldowns back into baseline chaos bolt

6 Likes

The bolts don’t even do anything though lol, most of the time on beta it hits for the same or less as a conflagrate

2 Likes

Yeah ok, This is why I love when players like you do this, Allows us Master destros to get further buffs, In the right hands, Destro is a monstrosity

What’s the requirements for master Destro?

3 Likes

so glad you asked
cracks knuckles

Let me describe a day in the life of a master Destro:
Wake up
Take a dump
Brush my teeth
Then get out of bed
I put on some pleasant music in the background, usually my 76 hour emo playlist.
I sit in my DX racer gaming chair and stare at the black screen of my computer monitor until I feel adequately depressed and demotivated.
Then I turn on my computer and log into 4chan and browse /b/ until my brain feels properly smooth and overheated.
I get up, light a few candles, turn on the coffee maker, then sit in my car in my driveway for 30 mins.
Afterwards I go to the gym, hit my 1 rep max, and never rerack any of the weights (I have more important things to do with my time).
I come home feeling swole and juicy, go back to my chair, and start up WoW.
Once I log in, I AFK in the major city hub closest to me, then post on the forums about how awful destro is and how it needs buffs. If I have any energy left, I also tweet my complaints to Elon and Ion personally.
Eventually, my master destro skills are exhausted and I require rest. I grab my Gul’dan body pillow and go to the basement to sleep.

61 Likes

Most relatable post ever.

Also, on a real note, the fact that incinerate and bolt will hit for the same or less than many instant melee abilities in DF is just unreal. I genuinely cannot fathom how blizz balances stuff at all lol.

4 Likes

I’ve been singing that we need sweeping buffs for months now.

- Dimensional Rifts need four charges that are deterministic (set order of rifts – Shadow, Chaos, Chaotic, Flame).
- Increase the required shards for chaos bolt to FIVE and increase its damage by 600% and its cast time to 3 seconds (cannot be reduced by haste or backdraft).
- Make Soulfire always critically strike
- Rain of Fire requires five shards, its area of effect is increased by 50 yards, and it deals 500% increased damage.

Those changes would make our spec amazing.

7 Likes

The below is from a PvP perspective and would (I think) largely fix Destro in PvP (at DF end game) or at least go a long way to help it out.

1. Chaos Incarnate/Dimensional Rift node > Chaos Incarnate/Dark Soul node (Dark Soul would have the same behavior as previously implemented SL)
    1a) This will allow PvE players to use Chaos Incarnate (where I assume it would shine) and PvP players to grab Dark Soul (where I know it would shine).
  2. Merge Master Ritualist and Avatar of Destruction on the Master Ritualist talent: Ritual of Ruin requires 3/5 less Soul Shards spent and when Chaos Bolt or Rain of Fire consumes a charge of Ritual of Ruin, you have a 50/100% chance to summon a Blasphemy for 8sec. (the Blasphemy works as on live)
    2a) The final talent where Avatar of Destruction is now would be Decimating Bolt with part of the legendary effect (to reign in some of the absurd damage as Burn to Ashes would still exist): Hurl bolts of decimating magic at your target, dealing [4 * (34.5% of Spell power)] Shadow damage, and increases the damage and critical strike chance of your next 3 Incinerates by 100%. Decimating Bolt’s damage, and the bonus to Incinerate both increase as your target’s health decreases. (in this suggestion there is no 50% bonus to the critical strike damage of Incinerate like there is from the Covenant Legendary on live)
  3. Burn to Ashes impacts the next 3 casts of Incinerate, simply to align better with Decimating Bolt so that we don’t end up with a really wonky rotation.
    3a) It should be noted that I do not think Burn to Ashes is working correctly on live. From how I read it, one CB/RoF should provide a 30% (with two points in the talent) damage buff to the next 2 casts of Incinerate, stacking 4 times. This means that it should take 4 casts of CB/RoF to get a “4” stack which would then buff 2 casts of Incinerate by 120%. My testing shows that one CB/RoF procs 2 “stacks” of this ability, it only scales up to 4 (as expected), but that the damage bonus is 60% max instead of 120% (again with two points in the node) for 4 casts of Incinerate. Very odd behavior.

Also, I didn’t forget about Dimensional Rift. Imo, it should be added baseline to Destro as it’s not incredibly hard hitting/game breaking and is really fun. It could also be removed, honestly.

These are my suggestions to the tree and I think would really help us Destros out. As it stands now, I don’t see Destro being viable in PvP at 70. So sad!

I also appreciate that with these changes, there would need to be a rework to Crashing Chaos. Honestly, that talent has made balancing Chaos Bolt silly as you can chain FAR TOO MANY of our CBs in a row considering it is supposed to hit like a truck (which lorewise and historically it always has). Removing it entirely or having it behave different in PvP would help Destro out immensely. Maybe have it reduce the Soul Shard cost and damage of Chaos Bolt to balance it out: this would still allow it to be fun in PvE but not ridiculous in PvP.

5 Likes

I feel like it was a mistake to not include decimating bolt for destro as a capstone. Also really dislike how cataclysm is so off to the side.

6 Likes

Cataclysm and Dimensional Rift (with flame rift) should be baseline.

6 Likes

There is too much emphasis now on more chaos bolts and faster chaos bolts. This is why it hits for so little. Maybe if they increased the cost to 3 shards and removed Crashing Chaos then the damage of a single bolt could be greatly increased.

2 Likes

I was watching some frost mage videos - ice lances were hitting for 48,000 – what’s a Chaos Bolt hitting for?

I like it, realistically to be competitive we need dark soul on a shorter CD than it is in SL. Even free casting the damage we do in arena is not scary, even with a bunch of mayhem procs and chaos bolts flying all over the place, it just doesn’t move anyone’s health bars

i found it really interesting that blizzard’s first iteration of warlock talents had decimating bolt on the main warlock tree ( which was pretty cool tbh)…

but then after a while they mentioned ‘after listening to feedbacks on the forums’… they removed it…
which is ludicrous cause i feel there weren’t that many mentions or complaints of decimating bolt being there at all…

really miss that spell now… but not to worry… we have an Eye now that deals 0.01% of our single target dps SMH

5 Likes