Destro lock feels really bad

God yes, moving incinerate was awesome.

1 Like

Chaos bolt just needs to do more damage that’s all the issue is

Lower shard generation if they are worried about being able to cast too many

A demon hunters death sweep individual hits literally hit harder than a castes chaos bolt

1 Like

Dont worry destro always pumps evey xpac for awhile until blizzard nerfs them like they do every time

1 Like

right now as it stands, destro in pvp is kinda like a joke. i was doing bgs earlier and constantly had to deal with ppl running out of range from me. i cast one immolate and conflagrate and thats all i get bc once they see that, they run out of range and then im stuck not being able to cast anything. it sucks

I thought they learned in SL that locking a majority of a classes power behind cds made for a really stale pvp experience

Well they removed dark soul and forgot to buff chaos bolt to compensate, kinda silly

Personally I would prefer a chaosbolt that scales depending on the amount of shards you use but have it be a charge up ability like the dracthyr fire breath. They could even do something fun with it and make it not be “stopped” by interrupts, and instead fire off its attack prematurely if interrupted. Consuming the amount of shards that were built up during the cast and hitting for less if interrupted early. This would still lock you out of spells but it would lessen the punish on the spell being stopped midway.

5 Likes

That would be a very interesting talent but as a base function? Hell no.

1 Like

I found chaos bolt spamming during infernal to be quite novel, after playing with it for a bit I prefer the hard hitting bolts over the current design.

1 Like

On top of the damage lacking, every change they’re making to warlock survivability is for all specs. At the end of the day only Destro will suffer and Aff and Demo will be fine.

I like that Immolate and Conflag do good dmg now. That’s great. But Chaos Bolt and Shadow Burn are severely lacking even with Madness talent casting 2x in a row and on-use trinkets and other talent modifiers for those spells.

So many instant cast and/or non-resource spending spells and melee abilities hit harder than Chaos Bolt. Several WW monk, Arms, DH, Rogue, Hunter abilities, others already mentioned like lava burst, ice lance, SWD, and so many more.

The easiest fix is to straight up buff Shadowburn and Chaos bolt damage. Shadowburn by much more, it’s a joke. This may require, like others have mentioned, a rework or removal of crashing chaos. Others mentioned adding dimensional rift, I think you could accomplish both in one solution: Turn crashing chaos into decimating bolt, so you can infernal at 0 shards and do increased incinerate/conflag damage while ramping up shards quickly. Another interesting solution I saw was buffing destro’s base crit. This would directly increase chaos bolt dmg and passively buff our other dmg. Maybe even make crit affect shadowburn’s dmg. Plenty of ways they could go about it. I do have some secret sauce so I think Destro will be fine in RBGs but 3s probably not. I don’t think they are that far off though. They will be if they keep nerfing baseline survivability though.

I’d still be happy with a mobile CDF channel tbh

1 Like

Well they are doing some chaos bolt, shadowburn and incinerate buff this week’s, really glad to see blizz doing regular tuning every week.

oh? where do I find? I checked MMO champion, wowhead, and WOW news

1 Like

ohhh these are nice ty

Chaos bolt will still hit pretty weak, but with shadowburn and incinerate buffs as well, it should be a nice overall damage increase

How come no one is talking about Rain of Fire?

Our AoE right now is so bad you will find yourself casting chaos bolt in AoE scenarios because RoF does no damage.

1 Like

I’m only casting rain of fire to get the 30% incinerate dmg buff

1 Like

I think people only play ROF to get your ritual of ruin stacks at the beginning of games while you’re out of combat and your shards regen. personally I don’t play it I’d rather use the point somewhere else. I’d pick up cataclsym though, but idk what kind of dmg it does at the moment. if its really bad I wouldn’t pick that up either

1 Like

ya my havoc build is about as good lol.