Destro lock feels really bad

I really despise the Chaos Bolt machine gun philosophy that was introduced in WoD.

I’m referring to the talent called Charred Remains. That single-handedly caused the downward slope that irrevocably ravaged the damage of chaos bolt.

They essentially baked that talent into the spec.

Changes that could help us (they don’t all have to be implemented):

• Baseline Dimensional Rift (add back in flame rift from Legion)
  • Baseline Cataclysm with a Mannoroth’s Fury baked in (radius increase)
  • Decrease our soul shard generation massively
  • Increase the required shards for chaos bolt to 5 and massively increase it’s damage
  • Increase the required shards for Rain of Fire to 5, massively increase the damage, and bake in Mannoroths’s Fury to it (radius increase)

Warlocks HATE Charred Remains - REMOVE. IT.

5 Likes

I was wondering the same…sooo many chaos bolts still not able to do damage, Not sure in PVE yet but at least in PVP Chaos bolt is not scary at all, every other class seems to be doing damage except destro locks.

3 Likes

It won’t get buffed either, because in pve you are able to stand there and cast 5 chaos bolt in a row, in pvp that’s near impossible and to top it off, If you can free cast them, they don’t even really do much

Low INT and low Haste. For frame of reference because Chaos Bolt unusually crits so often scaling INT and Haste is the purest way to make it deal more damage. The difference between using my Irideus Fragment (+2335 INT) is about 20k damage on CB. This is also why in S4 when gear levels are highest and haste gear is abundant that Destro finally shines.

Nothing that can be done about it right now though.

2 Likes

I’m ditching my lock today and going to get my fury to 70. I really regret not finishing him first.

1 Like

Pretty much the story of Destro every xpac.

3 Likes

Destro always starts out bad and ends the expac on a high note. We are very gear dependent and always haste starved at the start.

1 Like

Just my opinion here, based on my time gearing my warlock in bgs and epic bgs, but all warlock specs feel really good right now in pvp. Destro has some interesting builds, and once tuning is complete I think it will be a very solid spec.

ice lances, lava bursts hitting as hard as an average chaos bolt. spriest shadow crash hits harder than chaos bolt. instant casts btw

I really think they need to buff destruction warlocks base crit % we have to play haste/vers in PVP or it actually feels awful. your cast times and globals are waayyy too long without it, not to mention, your recharge time on conflagrate also scales with haste. thankfully with the 2set coming out we’ll have a chance to proc +10% crit

destruction requires the most freecasting to get your dmg off and we’re the squishiest spec of the 3 because we don’t have soul rot and drain life modifiers or pets with extra stuns. I really think they need to add a talent in the destruction tree to replace something else or make it a baseline passive that shadowfury is instant cast for destruction specifically. demo locks are instant cast stunning. most classes in the game are.

hopefully we see some tuning changes on the next patch notes update to increase some of our dmg

5 shards for chaos bolt? even with massive dmg I would not want this pls no

if they buffed bolt dmg by just a bit it would be fine the way it is

decrease soul shard regeneration??? no if you’re taking the increased dmg on conflagrate you’re already playing with 2 charges. immolate and inferal/blasphemy can give good shard regen. and people playing with incinerate modifier. you aren’t going to cast many incinerates outside of your backdraft proc while under pressure

1 Like

Something which becomes abundantly clear soloing as a warlock versus ele shaman is that the shaman’s toolkit is vastly inferior to the warlock. Perhaps not in terms of M+ gameplay or raiding but regardless this becomes a sticking point for a lot of people.

I think warlock is fine for now. The current class design is abysmal. Nothing can be done in the short term about that. So the way warlocks should approach is to lean on destro later and affliction or demo now.

1 Like

my main classes are destruction warlock specifically and shadow priest. I don’t like pet specs, I like controlling my demon, but I don’t want all my dmg to be from my demons so I’ll never play demo. I think affliction is boring I would play spriest any day over aff

they could do some tuning and it would make a huge difference. looking at details dmg meter breakdown. hunter’s average aimed shot non-crits are hitting harder than my average chaos bolt. and their crit aimed shots are hitting almost 3x harder.
non-interruptible, instant cast w/ CD btw kill shot makes shadow burn look like a joke and I have to spend shards

1 Like

The primary reason destro doesn’t do great damage in dungeons and PvP is they cannot move much at all. Assuming Patchwerk a destro lock can reasonably keep up with many specs right now.

Yes hunter aimed shot does more damage than CB but lock also has immolate, conflag and infernal.

rapid fire single ticks does almost equal dmg to a conflagrate spec’d to do addl dmg on follow up crits which I lose an entire charge for 7 second recharge time with full haste/verse

1 Like

I was just thinking instant shadwofury would be cool for destro also, would help survive when your getting trained and can’t cast anything

4 Likes

yea, I don’t see an issue with it. rogues instant stun. demon hunters instant stun. warriors stormbolt is an instant ranged stun. druids can instant stun. demo locks can instant stun. pallys instant stun. shadow priests instant stun…granted, all of these are single target stuns, but still. they also have shorter CDS and most have longer durations too

so i was having this argument not too long ago with another player. but aff and destro both have amazing mobility on top of great damage. id like to see a return of the pvp talent that allowed conflagrate to daze targets. destro gets gimped hard due to having no reliable escapes vs all the melee or even trying to chase down a target. they can just run from us and we are left without a way to catch up. yea you have CoE and even amplify. but that can easily be circumvented by using cc on the lock and they are screwed. id also like to see a return of casting incinerate while moving. it was great using it in pvp and allowed us to keep damaging our target. conflagrate dazes would remove the need to use CoE as well imho

Need less instant aoe CC, not more. Was exactly the reason why blizz added a cast time to shadow fury. Not sure why they doubled back on this.

cool make kidney shot have a cast time sounds good to me

1 Like

I guess if you like spamming RoF it would be. Part if then issue right now is the extensive movement in dungeons and raids and we have very little on the move casting now.