Despite the promising start, this is the most toxic the wow community has ever been

Yes, please, do spoon feed me your actual stance. A mega thread with other peoples stances does not provide me with your stance.

1 Like

This is not unique to WoW, not Classic WoW. This is the nature of competition. If you have ever played a sport IRL, you will see a lot of dishonorable or unfair situations. Tons of showboating, gloating, and trash talk. Not everyone will take it to extremes, but there are those who will, and they will stand out.

Have you ever seen a street fight? Some are 1v1, others look like they should be 1v1, but quickly turn into a 5v1 stompfest. It’s just how it is with some people. They don’t care about a fair fight, they enjoy having the odds completely in their favor no matter what it takes. The win is all that matters. The sooner people acknowledge this, and learn to brush it off, the better off they will be.

If you can’t cope with it, then you may want to find a solution that fits your style.

• Find ways to avoid these gank squads (Staying away from main roads, avoid popular farming locations, etc)
  • Organize a group of players to combat these squads. Become the server super hero squad
  • Avoid playing during Peak hours
  • Roll on PvP Server which the faction balance is in your favor
  • Roll on a PvE server

This has been an issue for myself and many others. It really does suck to spend your limited playtime running back to your body on repeat…I chose a PvP server just like back in Vanilla…but I don’t remember it being this bad :frowning:

1 Like

My stance is irrelevant. Why not read several stances debating each other and see which ones end up sussing out? Oh wait, I forgot. You don’t actually want to further your understanding of an issue. You just want a textual shouting match. My bad.

Because you specifically decided to reply to my post and make a claim about my post. Am I on candid camera or something? I didn’t just randomly target you and demand to know your opinion. You volunteered a reply directed at me, so I’m asking for your actual stance. Somehow this is some super guarded secret that I don’t get to know.

1 Like

I told you that they were fallacious and I wrote likely several pages worth of responses in that thread. Ezgg is my priest. It’s as if you were discussing a subject with someone and said “Tell me your opinion on the subject” and they handed you a written record of a debate they had earlier that day, but you refused to accept it because you felt entitled to make them repeat it all over again. Bonkers.

Perfect! Please link me to said posts that are relevant.

I see you’ve conveniently left out from the analogy that up until that last reply, you didn’t indicate that you actually posted to the thread itself. You just wanted me to divine your own personal opinion from the opinions of others.

But now that you’ve finally graced me with the knowledge that you have posted your opinion in that thread (whew, only a dozen replies to get that far?), maybe we can move forward :smiley:

In your example, though, the better analogy would be asking me to read the entire transcript of a multi-day political debate from multiple candidates and folks questioning those candidates just to find out a single candidates response to a single question.

Feel free to link me to your posts that elaborate your opinion. Again, your claims, your burden. I’m not your research assistant.

1 Like

Uhhhh

Your reading comprehension needs some work, friendo.

So I’m expected to have retroactively divined that as well?

Big oof.

Uhhhh… (even further back)

You must be new to internet forums. Traditionally, the first post in the thread is by the person who starts the thread. Welcome to the internet!

Because the thread by Ezgg is the ONLY thread on this topic :laughing:

1 Like

To be fair, you dont explain why you think it’s a fallacy on your first post. You are asking he to dive in the entire topic.

See title for a common informal logical fallacy to avoid in your discussions on this forum. Carry on.

That was all your initial argument body.

3 Likes

Dang you just beat me to the punch there :rofl:

1 Like

It’s quite literally the only thread on the main page with that in the title. Possibly the only thread recently created. But hey, it’s ok. I’d be embarrassed, too, if I wasn’t able to “divine” that the first post in a thread was by the creator.

Before Classic launched Blizzard announced their plans to roll out mega servers with layers. Before Classic launched Blizzard announced their plans to do away with layering before phase two.

Of course that’s not going to be a Vanilla experience. If people couldn’t figure out what this was going to be like, I don’t know what to say.

Here’s a little tip for our friend ctrl+f->Ezgg to find the other posts in said thread. Or even easier, just click on the activity section of the character.

The absolute mental gymnastics and paragraphs of tears you’re willing to go through to not even link to your own posts and insist anyone wanting to debate with you conduct a short book report on your existing threads is absolutely staggering… and I love it.

At this point, I’m just having fun pointing out how ludicrously entitled you are. Well, that and how inept at using the internet you are. Imagine wanting to know why a statement constituted a logical fallacy and being able to read a debate on that exact subject on the same forum, yet thinking that’s just not good enough. Read? A whole thread? On the exact topic that you are asking me for justification on? Pffft. Who wants to read? That’s just silly.

Ah, the puppet master fallacy! :rofl:

2 Likes