Despite the promising start, this is the most toxic the wow community has ever been

I’ve already stated that the “on-point and effective” replies you are so fond of are blatant fallacy (well, most of them, anyways)- ergo, not valid, pertinent, or effective responses. You’re welcome to debate that. I’m still waiting.

Your retort is literally “nuh uh!” in response to mine. The entire substance of your reply is just “I disagree”. So you only leave me to reply in kind: “yuh huh!”

Please feel free to elaborate on your supporting opinions for why they are: “not valid, pertinent, or effective responses”

The irony in when people say this is that’s the typical response on the retail forums.

Go read retails general discussion. It’s the same replies.

Well written OP. I went on a pvp server thinking open world pvp would be fun and engaging but I haven’t logged in since phase 2 due to the stories I’m hearing and I can believe it. Before in Phase 2 I would get ganked by a higher level maybe once in a blue moon and that was it. He had is fun and we both moved on. I can’t imagine being killed over and over again to be fun.

Most people are more focus on grinding honor and ruining other players experience then playing the game themselves. I’m still under the impression that faction ques would help solve some of the balance issues but not all of it.

I’m not sure if people realize that ganking others non stop hurts their game and character more than helps it. People will just stop playing after being killed over and over again and not getting anything done. After the majority of people are gone, who else are they going to gank?

I know i could just roll on a pve server but I don’t want to transfer servers after the work I put in and leave the community I’m a part of. I went on this server mainly to play with them and playing on another server would not feel the same. I rather not play at all then go to another server which is where I’m at now.

2 Likes

There’s currently an entire thread on why “PvP happened on a PvP server” is an example of several logical fallacies rolled into one statement. It’s on the front page. I advise you read that. As to why a logical fallacy is not a valid, pertinent, or effective response: Fallacies are errors in reasoning that often appear to be valid responses, but fail to pass logical muster. Not only that, but they are often purposefully deceptive and difficult to rebut without prior knowledge of why such a statement constitutes poor logic. For that reason, they are often used to “gotcha” people (who aren’t trained to spot them) in debate, which is seemingly why you think they are the cat’s pajamas.

1 Like

While I do believe that you raise some valid points, I think most of the problem is that people rolled on PvP servers that shouldn’t have. Also, IMO, if you’re going to put hundreds of hours into this game, it probably was worth it to do a few hours of research before hand. People were predicting this bloodbath back in September. The information was there if people cared to look. PvP communities have always been toxic in this game. They’ll eventually kill their servers just like in retail. It’s just the nature of the beast.

Are we seriously going to act like this hasnt happened since the game’s inception? Cmon now…

There’s already a fix for that, reroll on a PVE server. That’s not trolling, that’s literally the solution.

Sounds like the WoW forums for the past decade.

None of this is new, it has always been like this. It’s the internet, what did you expect?

Why is it such a struggle for your to put your opinions to paper, as it were?

What? You just spill out the definition of the word for… what reason? I feel we both understand what the term means. That’s not what we’re talking about.
You haven’t provided any justification as for why you feel those retorts we’re talking about are fallacies.

I’m starting to worry that you don’t actually have an argument, or maybe even an opinion at all, and you’re just looking to be upset.

1 Like

While this does happen at times, let’s not suggest that the overwhelming amount of posts/responses are of this nature.

It is hard for many to accept reasonable responses but also it’s made worse because of lack of personal knowledge as well as cited material (made even worse as most people can’t provide links)

The problem is retail players who have found that griefing players in Classic is more fun than playing BfA.

I play on PvE so I don;t have an issue… although because of how the content has been released at a much faster rate than it originally did, it simply doesn’t offer that magic timeline of progression that they stumbled on back in 2004. Add to that the damage done by the abuse of layering early on and it’s effect on the economy and progression of the servers…

I think I’m done with Classic… and have long been done with modern WoW. I may be back for Classic TBC… perhaps they can keep their dicky fingers out of it’s timeline.

Nah… who am I kidding?

1 Like

Describing to you why your beloved gotcha statements are fallacious, when there is a 300+ post thread (that I started) currently on the main page regarding exactly that, is a waste of both of our times.

That’s a fair point. I imagine a good measure of the retorts are made purely out of intent to incite anger (because they see how effective they are at doing so). But the sure-fire way to kill meme responses is to actually refute them. Trying to place them in a special bin of “these are invalid because I say so” tends to do nothing other than show the people posting them that it’s really getting under your skin.

But like case in point, Fél has been struggling to post any sort of retort to this for about half a dozen replies now. It’s just tiresome when the opposition to “pvp happened on a pvp server” won’t participate in a debate and just screeches loudly in response (like Fél). I’d be happy to debate the matter.

1 Like

It’s so toxic i find it absolutely hilarious. It’s literally sweaty nerds insulting other sweaty nerds while screaming OK BOOMER

I see. So we’ve come full circle now onto my opinions are just inherently invalid without need to debate/justify your own. Identical to the OP. Proving my point that the only goal is to inherently place the opposition to your stance as “invalid”, and not actually debate them. I feel like I need to send you payment for demonstrating my point perfectly.

yawn I’ll be here when you get done reading the responses on that thread. We can then debate the issue if you would like. Or you can continue looking like a fool, spewing fallacies and thinking you are winning arguments. It’s no skin off of my back. You’re not entitled to my time and I’m not wasting it copy pasting what was said in that thread, so take it or leave it.

1 Like

Just so the irony doesn’t fly over your head, this is the precise response that conspiracy theorists give when you ask them for the evidence. They don’t give it, and just state “It’s out there man, do your own research!”.

You made the retort/claim, you back it up. I’m not doing a book report to try and find out what your stance is. Just be an adult, tell me.

It’s LITERALLY on the front page. As in, click your mouse twice and you’re there. How dense can you get?

Fantastic. Should be super easy for you to back up your stance and tell me all about it. I’m not interested in reading other peoples responses, just yours.

1 Like

This happened prior to Classic launch. People frequently posted threads asking for changes either to get a rise out of people or because they didn’t use the search function. Those people got a lot of ‘No Changes’ as a default response.

The discussion about those changes they asked for already occurred, numerous times. The same is true of the complaints about imbalance. No one is saying anything different. It is nothing but complaining and asking for things like faction-specific queues. These have been discussed to death already. 10+posts per day about the same thing don’t warrant spirited discussion. This is especially true when the topic was discussed previously.

:cactus:

1 Like

“I can’t be bothered to read a thread that you started, full of a myriad of positions on the topic we are discussing. SPOON FEED ME.”

1 Like