Despite the promising start, this is the most toxic the wow community has ever been

It’s the society in general. Add to this internet anonymity and we get what we get

yall a bunch of sallys… i love the atmosphere of the game right now… total adrenaline… i feel like a leopard or cheetah in africa pure predatory instincts… thers a war goin on outside no man is safe from

The difference is personalities is so stark. I have a level 56 warlock on a PvE server, and this character on PvP. Both are RP servers.

The “carebear” mindset is just so much more enjoyable. People help each other. People are friendly. And you still get access to BGs if you so choose.

I really enjoy pvp, which is why I committed to this character. Phase 2 has me asking hard questions haha.

1 Like

“Let me agree with a post regarding toxicity in the community by insulting everyone in said community”

Genius!

1 Like

Oh look, one can read.

Good for you beta.

They should have known better.

:T

If I’m not mistaken, this is a bannable offense as per the CoC for the Forums:

Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish

The context of many of these posts and responses automatically fulfill this code violation alone but the moderators don’t seem to be able to keep up with the amount of it going on.

That Blizzard allowed 4 times as much population onto one server and thus verily exacerbating the imbalance issue?

Say it was half that. It may not be nearly as half as bad (maybe). But you have 4 times the amount of players sitting in one spot… that’s gonna be insane no matter how hard you try to predict (with my crystal ball apparently) what server NOT to choose.

1 Like

Or just seem not to care. I throw one swear word in and I’m banned for a fortnight, while these clowns get away with whatever they want.

1 Like

I’ve been battling it out with ‘them’ and the trolls heavily with some of the nonsense that gets posted.

I do take much care in noting the CoC and trying to report clear cut violations. Not trying to be a forum super-save-a-(you get it) but at this point, reports seem to be the ONLY form of active moderation while most seem to be done via a modbot that doesn’t even discern the difference of its own forum rules.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. Well, keep at it! I will too.

1 Like

sees post
horde
post ignored

i’ll go with this one.

I played on one of the most populous PvP Vanilla servers (Leeroy was on my server…) and it was NEVER like this. So no, the current state of the game has very little to do with players “not actually being able to handle the heat”, unless by “the heat”, you mean massive overcrowding.

2 Likes

This is not vanilla, its classic. The “massive overcrowding” was know from the start. You just chose poorly.

When you say “contribute absolutely nothing” we know you actually mean that they simply don’t serve your point. You wish to place them “out of bounds” as invalid responses, even when they aptly retort your argument(s). Just because you don’t like the answers doesn’t mean they’re not valid.

In fact, the gloriousness of those retorts is in their simplicity. A 4 paragraph tirade about how someone is upset they’re being corpse camped can be swiftly thrown to the ground with “PvP happened on a PvP server”. You and others get thoroughly upset by this because you know there’s nothing you can snip back with. You opted into a PvP situation that had wide parameters that allowed for intense imbalance, and assumed balance. Quite literally your only argument can be “but I don’t like it”, which comes off as trite (as it should). So, you attempt to just displace the retorts as invalid in whole instead of actually attempt to debate the issue.

Same thing with #nochanges. This is the guiding principal of Blizzard as stated in their blog article on Classic’s philosphy/design in November of 2018 on their official site. When confronted with that, the logical fallacy comes out where people feel that since classic isn’t 1:1 identical, that this is justification to expend effort and time making it even less classic. Ya’ll have no real argument, so you just throw fallacies and try and make safe spaces.

The beauty is in the simplicity of those retorts, and how ridiculously on-point and effective they are. I understand why they upset you.

2 Likes

If you consider blatant fallacy “on-point and effective”, I’d be scared to see what you consider ineffective and off-topic.

1 Like

Your reply would be a good start, as it doesn’t actually attempt to argue for any point of view. Like OP, you just dislike my opinion but have nothing to say for it.

Your opinion on WoW matters precisely zilch to me. What I dislike is your worship of poor logic.

…as you continue to reply.

Hey when you’re ready to debate something… anything. I’m here.