Despite the promising start, this is the most toxic the wow community has ever been

Lol, if you didn’t bother to read the post, kindly shut the hell up. You are a pristine example of what the OP is writing about.

20 Likes

That is simply not true. You clearly didn’t go on the forums much in vanilla if you think this is any different.

3 Likes

Probably because that’s about all that needs to be said.

DESPITE THE PROMISING START, THIS IS THE MOST TOXIC THE WOW COMMUNITY HAS EVER BEEN

Classic didn’t make the community toxic, time made the community toxic.
The gaming culture changed over the last couple decades, this is reality.

This is something too many people overlook when people mention “Faction Disparity”. The factions have always been imbalanced. The populations have never been anywhere near this high (at least 400-800% higher per server) and you mix in world pvp as a requirement for pvp progression and you betcha there will be camping of every zone.

3 Likes

@OP, what exactly do you think should be done about it?

Before classic was released, many people described/explained how toxic PvP servers would be and have been proven correct.

I don’t understand what should now happen according to the people now complaining who ‘didn’t realize’ what it would be like.

PvP servers are gank servers. If you can’t handle ganking - in any shape or form or duration - PvP servers are not for you.

9 Likes

this should legitimately be the end of the thread…BUT MUH FEELS will define the conversation takes place differently

4 Likes

Pipi! <3 Well said.

1 Like

I always roll solo and barely ran into my first 1v1 on Grobb yesterday. Horde is almost always in a party.

1 Like

Ironically people advocate for this kind of gameplay like it’s fine yet it is incredibly boring from both sides of the coin.

As soon as you take any sort of balance or competition from the activity it’s a snooze fest of either afk at a gy or afk in a pack of 40 while 4 people hit a player once.

3 Likes

You’re gonna be 60 by the 10th I see. I’m sharpening my arrows for you milday.

2 Likes

This is the horde way.

“Chanting like a mandolorian”

THIS IS THE HORDE WAY

Oh bring it!! But milday isn’t a word :wink:

This. All of this.

Yet, as soon as you decide to go rank out in Hillsbrad, it devolves into a poopshow, and even if the PvP is voluntary out on the good ol’ PvE servers, there is still a lot of salt and toxicity. Or at least there is on the Alliance side on Bloodsail.

It’s incredible how far apart PvE and PvP is in this game, in terms of community. The only solace on Bloodsail is that we all know we’re suffering together while we attempt to rank before BGs.

Stahp spelling gestapo!
I’m in bed at work sick on NyQuil. Gimme a break :sleepy:

In bed… at work. Do you work at a hospital too?? :rofl:

2 Likes

To each their own. I rolled up to 44 on a pve server, before I finally settled on this toon. Pve servers are not for me. Yes, it’s taking a bit longer to level due to ganks, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’ll be 60 at some point.

As you said, to each their own. I went RP PvE for the friends and the eventual community, but I just wanted to point out how much kind folks devolve into bloodthirsty savages as soon as the flag goes up.

2 Likes

I gotcha. So when you say salt and toxicity, do you mean between the two factions or amongst each other?

Each other. Truth be told, the cross faction banter is great, and I’ve made quite a few Horde friends on the Bloodsail Discord over this whole stuff.

In game though… In game is a nightmare. You’ve got people mocking each other in general chat, calling them names, and just generally making the entire experience unfun while working hard to make sure they are the only ones who get the honor from a single kill.

1 Like