Despite the promising start, this is the most toxic the wow community has ever been

Damn OP well written. I didn’t read most of that but great job and keep it up!!

1 Like

Didn’t read the post, quit whining on the forums about toxicity and play the game. Ignore people who you deem to be toxic, coordinate with those you deem worthy.

The game is fine, the bugs are not.

5 Likes

I remember roaming around the first week of wpvp and seeing the alliance get squashed everywhere due to being outnumbered. I knew it was going to be a problem, but then it got even worse. It turned into everyone camping BRM so nobody could get in without a corpse walk.

Even people on the winning side don’t like it. I play horde and so what I have to roam around and swarm alliance when they are outnumbered because that’s the only way to get honor. You can’t go around solo because nobody is anymore. Definitely one of the worst game designs I’ve seen in a modern game.

10 Likes

He’s trying to say “get gud scrub”

People are too soft for a game like this in 2019.

10 Likes

[quote=“Milkme-aerie-peak, post:25, topic:380127, full:true”]

Even people on the winning side don’t like it. [/quote]

But not enough to stop doing it.

PvPers are their own worst enemies.

11 Likes

Why be upset over it? Guess I got more stuff to worry about then a video game.

I didn’t read any of it. But I too say keep it up OP!

1 Like

Maybe you should avoid the forums and/or PvP realms and go to the PvE realms where that “wholesome” community is still existing exactly as it did prior to Phase 2.

All of the problems you describe are because:

3 Likes

“In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake.”

You proved me right.

4 Likes

while I agree… a lot of gamers have always been toxic, even before wow… you should have seen how toxic people were on UO… honestly, competitive gamers are prob some of the most toxic people you could meet in this world… and a lot of them are very shy and anti social in real life… that being said, I have met some really friendly ones out there…

3 Likes

That’s humanity for you. Most folks enjoy the idea of being a bully when in a group and going around dominating an area and forcing others to bend to your will.

That’s why most folks simply play on pve or rp servers instead of pvp. Give most people the chance to be a jerk without any real repercussions, and they’ll take it. And it will likely still be a problem when the BGs are released. It isn’t really about honor…it’s about the power to make someone else miserable.

9 Likes

Yup, alliance complaining about PvP isn’t anything new.

At least in retail EVERYone could basically point and laugh at people crying about world PvP because it was literally an option you could turn off…and they STILL complained. :roll_eyes:

What are you talking about? I have always been here.

There’s no such thing as toxic. People are just being sensitive.

3 Likes

That may be the case, but pretending it was anything like this in vanilla is wrong.

People blame the ones who rolled on pvp servers expecting something close to what they had experienced before for not knowing better, but nothing like this has happened before outside of private servers, and many of the people rolling on the pvp servers did not familiarize themselves with private servers beforehand.

This was a case of mishandling by blizzard that allowed this excessive toxicity a place to grow. Picking a PVP server to anyone who had pvp’d outside of private servers in the past was pretty much what people were expecting in phase 1, but phase 2 combined with layers being removed showed people just how overpopulated the server was, and just how many people really want to rank. Releasing pvp without bgs when the servers were this overloaded was a surefire recipe for disaster.

7 Likes

The amount of negativity on the boards isn’t surprising, but it is disappointing. The optimism lasted ~6 weeks or so, but most of those people are gone.

I finally broke yesterday in that I just don’t care about wpvp anymore. I have zero interest in roaming from Felwood to Winterspring, to Azshara and never knowing if I’m going to find a good 1 v 1 or if I’m (more likely) going to run into 15 of the opposite faction.

So I became a raid logger.

I’m just a sliver from rank 6, but will probably lose rank this week, because the world pvp just isn’t fun. Hopefully BGs will help, but unfortunately I believe you’re right about the damage having been done for a lot of people. =/

8 Likes

I think Blizzard may have inadvertently forced a lot of players to break their WoW Classic routine and they won’t be rushing back to the game for bgs.

5 Likes

Every day there’s something else that makes me glad I rolled on a PvE server. People still stop to help you (yes even the opposite faction). There’s still drive by buffing. People still say hello on the zep and still dance on the boat.

I can ask things in chat and get helpful responses. When I first stepped foot in STV I asked a passerby where the horde base was and they took the time to run me there even though it was in the opposite direction they were going.

It’s like there’s two totally different games being played. So glad I made the choice I did.

23 Likes