Despite the promising start, this is the most toxic the wow community has ever been

The problem by far in large with it is that Ally is accusing Horde of griefing and complaining about it, Horde is doing the exact same. Hold on to your pitchforks and your torches folks.

I have a level 60, a healing priest on one of the most even ally/horde pvp servers. I didn’t want to go to a pvp servers for fear of this exact reason. I joined because a friend of mine knew some folks were making a horde guild and got dragged along with it. That fell through as the guild leader played other games and so on so we found a new guild. At first it was cool being with them, getting to 60, helping my friend level the rest o the way and so on as I didn’t want to throw away all that time. PvP was tolerable, as was the ganking. As a priest I expected to die alot and was almost 60 when the guild fell apart.

Cue the honor system being released.

This is 6 guild raids later and me not having all my raid gear or even my bis to raid with. I have like 4 purples and have put a lot of time and money (play time and gold) into getting all this gear. Now, am attempting to run my friend through dungeons to get his gear as well as a few other guildies and get some gold to maintain pots since tailoring makes jack all unless you go and get the mats. With the honor system released, corpse run to dungeons to the point that group just gives up after reaching or almost reaching entrance. 10 minute rez timers, corpse camped by the same 5-10 people, edges of towns and cities being camped, I hear in the discord guild making plans to camp boats and ally towns for people that are just coming out and even participated once in a boat camp but realized repeated attempts were just… boring.

No offense to those that participate in such things, but camping spawns and travel zones and waiting for them to come out or an unsuspecting person that just logged on and hasn’t been privy to where the camping is happening walking out and killing them… THAT isn’t pvp. Its a waste of time and frustrating for the person just trying to grind out gear/mats/gold.

I made the point very clear to my friend at the start that I didn’t want to be on a PvP server from the start because I had a gut feeling that this is what it would dissolve into and the Wow community did not disappoint. Honestly… At this point… all I want is to transfer my character over to a pve server so they can just be useful to another group. Until Transfers are opened, I’m stuck to just leveling a character on another server, and BG isn’t going to fix this issue, people will still go for the easy kills, because why not catch the unsuspecting person traveling to grind dungeons over an actual chance at a fair fight in BG, because people don’t want to work too hard for their stuff. Once again, not being offensive, but proof is in the multitude of guides, videos, and posts telling and giving advice on leveling, gold grinding, mat grinding, add ons, so on so forth.

2 Likes

his name is TenTonBeef, what do you expect of him? He’s garbage @ the game and his personality is cringe.

1 Like

I lvld 50-60 during p2. Killed Rag last night. I learned the meaning of corpse dragging. I had a full horde raid move with my corpse just to kill me again. If I can do it, anyone can.

Horde overpopulated server? Its not just one side. There are servers with overpopulation on both sides where one is greater than the other.

Weak minded? You mean like… spamming the heck out of BRD with multiple friends (HUNDREDS OF TIMES) to get them the rarest dropped “BIS” in the game is weak minded and lazy? Man sure fooled me… Could swear that sitting outside of a dungeon waiting for unsuspecting parties to walk out to kill them for ez honor points was ez cuz am 60 and is just a game. But you know… I’ve only run the dungeon over 300+ times just for gear for other people when I still haven’t gotten all my bis.

1 Like

That’s great you have the time afforded to such a thing. just because you CAN do something doesn’t mean you should have to. And just because you CAN do it, doesn’t mean everyone can. Not everyone has that time and likes to play in their own time. AKA not everyone is afforded 4+ hours of gameplay for that daily. Some only have 1-2 hrs here and there. So you’re logic doesn’t exactly fit this matter.

Yes, but you can’t gank that alliance who is trying to take your herbs or ore veins! TBH I wish I could flag on my own faction.

Absolutely. RCR is there for a reason. I make full use of it.

1 Like

Everything the OP mentioned happens on a regular basis, here one one of the (if not MOST) balanced servers available. Both factions are doing it. Both factions have certain guilds that can be counted on to contain the most toxic idiocy imaginable.

I would advise you to stick it out, ESPECIALLY if you are on one of the balanced PVP servers. Next Tursday should see a welcome relief from the bulk of the open world toxicity.

2 Likes

The game was poorly designed back during Vanilla and now it is really started to show. PvP was blatantly unbalanced and some classes were clearly much stronger than others. Vanilla was basically still in beta phase.

2 Likes

I could put up with the ganks when I leveled, but as a raider, this is by far the largest problem. I don’t make the gold to support myself for the price of pots, guild doesn’t really give em away for free, you have to buy them, or try to farm the mats yourelf to get them made. All in all, I put a lot of time/donations towards the guild and helping other members, its just less frustrating for me as a whole to finish leveling my 40 mage on the pve server and stay happy there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Be more civil, with gamesmanship.

The relentless smack is unnecessary.

I RPd my Paladin for four hours and witnessed all of it, during those queues. It was really disappointing to witness for players who you could tell were trying to make it a strong RP server.

Have things settled down?

There are lots of people adjusting to the game who don’t bother with the forums. No toxic fuss, in or out of game: they just move on, or play without being too vocal about things.

Much of my former guild quit, rerolled, and a few went back to retail. The ones who stayed are definitely playing less per our guild alliance discord.

I left PvP for now, to PvE not because of overcrowding (which I think is a huge issue) but because I wanted to chill. I also was not having fun, as a rogue, and the wpvp scene to me, is not intrinsically rewarding enough.

A part of me thinks people would have lost the optimism after time anyway; toxicity notwithstanding. Its a legacy game. We saw how it ended with Rift and Lotro.

In the meantime, being more civil to one another is a choice we can control.

What I get tired of is when someone volunteers their frustrations, they get pounced on. What is wrong with some empathy? People make bad choices all the time.

On the flip side, why do people get angry when others suggest they go to retail, or reroll PvE? Both are valid options, if you dont like the wpvp scene, and it is great advice.

I love you Classic forums :grin:

this gentleman is right.

1 Like

The environment becomes toxic due to player irritation. Many people farming honor are not doing it because its the most fun and engaging thing, but rather because they feel the need to do so to be competitive. People play games because of enjoyment and addiction/chasing the carrot. Right now as you can see there is alot of chasing the carrot with the honor system, so frustrations build up as people are not having fun.

I’d like to reply. Nice write up here, I appreciate you taking the time to do this. I think people are bored, and I think when BGs come out next week a lot of this stuff will dissolve in time. I play on a horde dominated pvp server and I am in an alliance pvp oriented guild. Most of the time all the popular flight paths are being camped, and getting to BRD without a 10m group is very hard. It’s not enjoyable at this phase, and I am optimistic BGs will help a lot.

1 Like

Kinda sorta? Sadly a lot of the RPers left.

The irony in the very first response on this thread is hilarious. No matter how frustrated you may get ingame, you can ALWAYS count on the forums for next level entertainment.

Great post. Seems like it didn’t take long for the bottom of the IQ and EQ bell curve to show up though.

3 Likes

Its so hilarious how you people are so fake in real life. The people that camp people out and grief in-game and act righteous IRL preaching equality and how to be good to one another and this stupid PC SJW culture we are in now, and when in-game the scum that you truly are comes out.

“Its only a game” “You brought this on yourself” Sounds an awful lot like things that criminals say. You are the exact reason that tragedies happen in real life and peoples lives are taken because you don’t care about pushing people over the line as long as you get yours. Such a joke.

5 Likes