Deserters in Mythic +

Yeah…you just can’t afford too many deaths. That tank will hopefully figure it out for the next run.

i’ll be honest, i very rarely run keys with players who repeatedly do mechanics badly. maybe i’m just more selective about the groups i join? i dunno

LOL that’s terrible advice!

Just remove M+ all together. It’s an awful system.

Nope, check achievements, alts or whatever other fancy BS people have to sniff out these things on the forums and you’ll find I am in no way related to the OP.

I was saying that what you quoted was the op aka the problem.

Honestly ILVL is a poor choice to gauge player skill or if a group will be smooth. I cannot count how many pugs I had in S2 with 245-250 ILVL or with 2400+ IO who failed miserably in keys between a 15 and a 20 when my team wasn’t all available.

This game hands gear out at every turn and people get carried every week by their friends, so no I don’t find ILVL to mean anything useful anymore.

1 Like

Ah, my apologies as I took it the other way. I stand corrected.

You want someone who is outraged, uncooperative, and verbally abusive over what has happened to be forced to stay in your dungeon?

Uhh… completion is not a given, especially at +15 I’ve been in many groups in the past that were willing to stick around and beat their head on the walls for 8 attempts then failed.

They would score you based on completion or non completion. You complete all 20 dungeons (10 on Tyrannical 10 on Fortified) at +15 you get your mount and vault stuff… simple as that… You get vault credit for the existing ilvls just for completing.

Why is there this mentality that getting gear from M+ should be way harder than raiding. This whole “you get one shot over 30 minutes or it’s all for nothing” mentality is dumb.

Create a second level of M+ with a timer IMO that gives a few extra perks like the portals, special titles, or whatever.

no.
thats the risk you get with pugs.

No worries. It happens :+1:

Ive never had that problem because I always go with a group of friends but I have talked to people who have, one of my friends even. And it destroys motivation so much that some people just end up quitting.

If you commit to something like that and dont do it, let everyone down. they all suffer. Shouldnt be allowed to enter any new ones for the rest of the week if you quit one early. And if you quit lots back to back, then shouldnt be allowed to do them account wide for the rest of the season. People have unsubbed over the key quitters.

Not functioning adults.

2 Likes

Yeah if I’m in a group that has 40 deaths before the first boss of dos I’m going to leave.

I shouldn’t be penalized for pugging into a group like that (was a 4 man guild group at that) and wasting my time

Not to mention you have 8 clears in s1 and 11 in s2 which screams you bought KsM.

4 Likes

This is what confuses me, the players wanting this always claim it’s a common occurrence which is far from my experience. And when it does happen I’m generally ok with it because the run was going very sideways.

It’s usually in higher keys. In lower keys it seems people are more tolerant. But in higher keys when someone exposes that they aren’t prepared to the point it will be a very difficult run people wont stick around.

I’d have to see the group with the appropriate gear and IO that just can’t complete a 15.

If this topic comes up from time to time and you know everything about it, maybe you should rage quit on responding since there’s no solution…

Go the rocket league route.

All party member must vote to forfeit the run and it counts as a loss. Each party member is allowed to trigger a vote to forfeit only once.

If 1/5 wants to stay you have a choice to stay or leave and take the 30min deserter.

If you get DC , you have 5minutes to come back and rejoin the group, else you get a 30mins deserter.

Btw, I dont do any m+ above 4, so no one usually leaves those.

I feel like blizzard’s stance on anything in the pre-made group finder is “community issue requires community solution”

1 Like