Deserters in Mythic +

I’ve had many instances where people rage quit or leave in the middle of an M+ either in the middle or close to the end. If LFG has a desertion debuff penalty, can we have one under Premade Groups for M+ as well? You’re talking 40 minute dungeons and someone decides to rage quit just because it won’t be timed or vice versa while other players may be trying to get their vault or loot. Or something has to be implemented where 2 players or the majority of the group vote as a whole to call it as opposed to someone just leaving. It’s happened so many times and it coincides with a lot of toxic players.

13 Likes

Its time for a vote to disband option , that way the key does not downgrade . However your time wasted can never be recovered though

8 Likes

looooollllllllllllllllllllllllll

6 Likes

That’s not really going to accomplish anything. It’s frustrating, but if someone wants to leave a key, a debuff isn’t going to stop them.

5 Likes

Yeh they have to start giving some of these kids some kind of penalty. Is there any way to tag a GM for this and get more upvotes on this?

You could get 100 up votes, but they won’t intervene in m+ deserting.

7 Likes

It can disuade them if they’re just pushing io and looking to just leave then they can’t spam M+ because of a debuff.

I think Blizzard should make a option where you can surrender like League of Legends .

If you leave a key randomly , you would lose -20 score .

If you vote to surrender/stop the key , like 3 people vote yes vs 2 no , you win and people don’t loose anything if they quit .

1 Like

Exactly! I’ve had situations where the group as a whole decided to quit. Rage quit in itself is toxic.

i had that quite a few times, one was a tank who pulled a pack by accident, we needed the % anyways a dps rage quits the key is killed

2 Likes

if Blizzard make a penality , it should affect the score and not debuff timer .

If you can’t enter into a M+ for the next 30/60 minutes , people would just do something else and would not care

if you touch the score i.o , it will annoy them

6 Likes

I’m getting desertion 2-3 times a day. Times that by a dungeon duration and you pretty much wasted about an hour or 2 of your time. I do think it’s an issue Blizz should address. Just do SOMETHING.

An acceptable outcome, get on it Blizzard.

I’d be fine with that if it’s combined with the above suggestion for a vote to disband option.

If you leave and the rest of the group wants to finish the key you lose score. If the majority wants to abandon the key then no penalty for anyone.

yep this is what i said

Wow, I may have someone leave my key once in a week. You may want to check to see what the common denominator of all your keys is

12 Likes

Bliz could easily fix this, to varying degrees, by making changes to the keystone and grouping systems

They could also make m+ runs a lot shorter

They are intentionally wasting your time, trying to find the maximum tolerance levels you will endure for a reward

It’s a shame, as m+ could be a ton more enjoyable with groups able to q up for their instances at any difficulty, matchmaking for the low M+ difficulties, and basically getting rid of the keystone system entirely - just changing to a time, closer to 12-15 minutes that qualifies you for the next difficulty

So much about the current wow’s team design has utterly massive negative feedback systems built into it, completely unnecessary

Depends how much I play really. I played a ton yesterday lol you’re talking about 12 hours.

Yeah I play a lot too, sometimes get up to 40 dungeons in a week, and I would maybe have one person leave in that entire time. Maybe not even 1

1 Like

Well, it’s a pre made group content, M+ always has that problem because it suppouse to be a content that you’ll do with your own team…if you’re doing pugs that’s a community issue but there’s a lot of reasons why a player will leave a key.

This sounds like a great option, actually the problem is with the Key concept and the downgrade because if someone fails or leave, the owner feels punished and not the other players.