Demoralizing shout is bugged and it is why we have this AoE meta

This is real classic go back to BFA.

6 Likes

Ok, first off, “cool”. Second off, this will not fix the AoE meta. All it will do, is push the meta towards mages even more. Mages function, fundamentally, by rooting and massing aoe to kill the entire pull before it can break out of frost nova.

Already the most effective/efficient aoe groups are 3-4 mages and a healer, and maybe sub a warlock in to eye pull.

Now you’re going to nerf warriors threat generation, and all this is going to do is nerf groups that are not relying on 3 mages.

This just demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding of cause and effect.

Optimal groups already don’t bother taking tanks, now let’s nerf threat so the groups that are somewhat balanced have even more issues keeping up with 4 mage groups.

Well played blizzard.

21 Likes

Now how many people are going to complain that they didn’t get to use this “bug” to level fast like that supposed “raid exp bug”?

1 Like

This won’t affect AoE groups at all. The tank will just be substituted with a warlock to pull with eye of kilrogg.

9 Likes

Priest, lock, 3x mage.
Mages control and aoe, lock pulls and aoe, priest holy nova aoes

1 Like

So mages will just kite better and be more of the carry than the demo spam? It won’t change anything lmao.

2 Likes

Great to hear :+1:

3 Likes

Now mages will be even better overlords in all levels of content. The best way to level was just 4 mages + priest anyway, no tank. Even if you only have 3 mages, they just pull aggro and don’t care because everything is slowed by 70%.

Non-mage comps are the ones that are going to be most affected by this.

This also screws over anyone trying to run a 60 dungeon without a prot-specced tank, so the pool of tanks at level cap will be even smaller.

Fun.

5 Likes

You guys are morons.

5 Likes

I remember when certain bugs were called “features”

Keep pruning your game, Blizz. See where it takes you

8 Likes

Even the guys on APES after the Ragnaross kill were telling people on stream that demo shout threat was broken, generating way more aggro than on private servers.

3 Likes

Of all the values they could have been getting right and wrong, wasn’t threat one of the fuzziest guesses they had to make?

2 Likes

Exactly, now maybe it’ll be easier to convince everyone we don’t need a tank.

1 Like

Hey how about instead of these bullcrap changes that hurt players, you actually fix some bugs that need fixing like hunter feign trap. Would be nice if a multibillion dollar company wasn’t so useless.

1 Like

How about 4 mages (or 3 mages and lock) plus Druid healer?, the Druid goes Bear form for bosses.

actually having to do a dungeon properly hurts players how? one of the reasons i haven’t done any dungeons yet is because i didn’t see a difference between retail and classic dungeons.

8 Likes

I’m glad it’s being changed back to how it was in Vanilla!

All the people complaining about the fix probably have never played warrior in back in Vanilla. AOE threat generation was hard to do as warrior back in the day, since warriors had no reliable high threat AOE abilities save for challenging shout, which is more of a taunt.

Mages and warlocks always pulled aggro from warriors in AOE groups back in the day.

Sure, this increases the skill ceiling for warrior tanks (back to the original way it was), but it also increases the required skill to pull off a non-tank cleave/AOE dungeon group because DPS have to be way more careful.

In addition, up until Scarlet Monastery, you could pretty much run most dungeons AOE-style without issue. 40-60 is where AOE dungeon farming gets much harder. Before the fix, you could do BRD and LBRS by AOE farming easy because tanks held aggro easy.

9 Likes

Thank you for checking it! I am confused though, since Demoralizing Shout was the best kept secret of Warrior AoE tanking in the original game. It was working pretty similar to what I remember from playing October, 2005 and on. Maybe it was like this in older versions of the game?

3 Likes

People forget to make the distinction of getting aggro vs holding aggro.

Demo shout is great for initially getting aggro and grouping mobs together (since it’s easier to see than Battle shout and requires less rage than thunderclap), but not for sustained holding of aggro.

Demo shout after the initial pull/charge allows warriors to get aggro over HoTs that were still active in the group, but it never held aggro through AOE damaging abilities.

5 Likes

Awesome. Now let’s have the real tanks and those who care about how to really tank vanilla style get to work and all the refrail kiddos continue to mass pull and have their parties die.

3 Likes