Demonology Talent Changes for 10.1.5 are Awful

I come here to give my honest feedback about the changes made towards Demonology in the PTR for today 23/05/2023.

They are terrible, and does make me worry at what the developement team even is aiming towards for Demonology.

Removing some of the favorite talents the spec have like Ripped through the Portal and Demonic Knowledge for talents who are quite honestly very bland and boring.

About Boring talents

When this new talent tree first got unvelieved we had interviews and descriptions who touched on the subject of not being a talent tree like the ones of old, there would be no “your spells deal 5% more critical strike” or similar fillers.

But this change does exactly that with Shadowflame Acolyte, Imperator and Dirty Hands.

Disconnected Decisions from those talent changes.

I hold a favorable view of the team design for warlocks, but i will be honest, those changes indicate some disconnect and lack of cohesion that flabbergasts me.

Imagine thinking a talent who everyone hates like Umbral Blazes need a more “premium” position instead of just being removed.

About the Demonic Core change.

Imagine that you design a Tier-set for a spec, specifically about hitting a cooldown for grimoire felguard around 90s of CD, imagine you tie this effect towards Demonic Core consumption.

Then you decides to reduce the Demonic Consumption because you think “It’s too generous”.

Now, this is saddening, because i have suggested feedback on that tier to disconnect it from Demonic Cores before because in part i do agree we had too many demonic cores.

But completely removing the improvements made from Shadowlands to now towards Demonic Core generation is a terrible decision, and now even more so because the Tier Set Gameplay will be destroyed with this change.

About Dreadstalkers

You say your decision towards Dreadstalkers is to remove the peaks of valleys, but Dreadstalkers as a source of damage is much more tied to Sustain (With its 12s duration, 20s CD) than its tied to Burst (where it interacts with Tyrant and Reign of Tyranny)

Your Explanation for this change makes no sense.

90 Likes

Dont even know where to start, the spec sounds completely unbearable if this goes through

26 Likes

These are very bad changes…

18 Likes

These changes gut Demo’s dmg, add a bunch of boring talents and put focus on hard-casting shadowbolt, nobody wants any of that.

Please just go back to the drawing board on these completely, they are just BAD, no amount of feedback will help here.

28 Likes

Ok, let me just say this.

They don’t necessarily gut Demo’s damage, some of those talents are pretty powerfull effects.

My issue isn’t about damage (because this is a tunning thing, it can always be adjusted) its about the Design, the intent, the interest in how talents are made.

I would rather have a good spec design wise with midling damage than one spec who is to damage in all fights but all talents are boring garbage.

16 Likes

PvP player here.

Feels like Felguard will be even stronger, wasnt using dem core so its w/e, and basically imps are going to be clapping harder.

Its hard to make out without testing, but they are gutting dreadstalkers by 1/3 as well.

This is either going to be a complete miss or as other posters said the same but more generic.

Also, umbral blaze should be deleted, its a shame of a talent and no one likes it, and it suffers from the same proc issue as imp mother.

2 Likes

Early math show a 25k dps drop, thats a 20% nerf, even if you can refine this, its most certainly gutted

8 Likes

welp, rip demo I guess.

1 Like

What is the reasoning behind destroying the only versatile mplus spec for Warlock? To hit shadowbolt more?

5 Likes

Also, the current 4p is designed around the current Demonic Core charges throughput, why are we nerfing it when the spec is currently BASED around it.

8 Likes

These changes dont seem at all connected to the game we are playing.

Its like theorycrafting on a napkin that somehow made it to ptr.

14 Likes

they don’t know how to balance their class.

6 Likes

But why are they even doing this? To eliminate peaks? what peaks? who gives a f?

9 Likes

Not one of these changes improve the experience for the player.

25 Likes

Jesus christ, dude.

Blizz, what even in the world?

You open warlock up to more races, only to gut one of its most versatile specs. Do you want people excited for warlock, or not?

I didn’t even like most of the additional race options being opened up, since some genuinely didn’t make sense - but like. It’s like you want one thing while saying another.

I’m stubborn and sticking to my favorite spec, regardless, but this is seriously frustrating - especially when I was just about to get into M+ and raiding with demo.

7 Likes

because they’re morons.

11 Likes

:thinking:

I am wondering, as one of the warlock sim dude, who made those sims? because the new talents aren’t yet implemented on sims

Edit: Oh, just saw the guild, you probably have a sim guy doing.

2 Likes

well so few of you are playing Aff so they’re nerfing Demo to force you guys to play Aff more.

if you want this change to NOT go through, stop playing Demo and just go with either Aff or Destro and watch as they get confused and buff Demo instead.

3 Likes

So Aff is unplayable and now Demo will be mind numbing to play. I just don’t know what to say honestly. Who in their right mind wants to hard cast Shadowbolt?

12 Likes

just remember, so far all reworks and changes to warlocks are a nerf, go screw other classes too, leave warlocks alone blizzard.

11 Likes