Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

Maybe these clown show tuning fixes have something to do with the Microsoft layoffs. They have Paul from accounting in charge of tuning now.

13 Likes

This is true, and highlights a major issue: class balance in delves is wildly inequitable. Pet classes and tanks have a significantly easier time soloing content than do many / most dps, not to mention healers, despite the content having been advertised as solo-friendly for everyone.

3 Likes

fix this, you broke it even more, delves are unbeatable now, tooltips on death recap saying ā€œthis ability does 300k dmgā€ but the damage says 2.6mā€¦ buddy and i breezed through T8 earlier this morning and then all of a sudden we are dying off of the smallest creature in the delve. make it make sense

4 Likes

Not true really, pets are getting insta killed by the AoE too. Iā€™m having to summon my pet like every single mob as a Lock. I actually even talented into grimoire of sacrifice so I wouldnā€™t have to summon It all the time, but that was before the Delvepocalipse.

2 Likes

Paul from Accounting: What did I do to deserve this?

2 Likes

Everything in WoW is micromanaged to be drawn out as long as possible. They want you doing Delves for the entirety of the season and as it was, people were leveling Brann too fast and getting the Delve seasonal bar up to fast. Thatā€™s why they just imploded Delve viability AND arbitrarily capped Branns level at 38 when itā€™s supposed to be 60. They want to slow us down, they want us to make extremely little progress per week so this can all last 6 months.

Letā€™s see Paul Allenā€™s delve coding

3 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m well aware. Iā€™m just not one to take this sort of thing lying down. lol

What a waste of player goodwill. Maybe next season they will learnā€¦ good luck everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor.

3 Likes

And what level Delve were you doing?

Well I mean it does need to last 2 years.
At 6 month intervals and since itā€™s forever content yeah.

Surely you donā€™t feel like we should be breezing through the minute tiers unlock.

So they listened to the imbeciles claiming that it was ā€œtoo easy in groupā€?
Maybe it was the case with the best classes but having done a T8 with a friend, it was hard as hell and we didnā€™t want to push to T9 until better gearedā€¦
And now itā€™s even harder?

Come onā€¦ NORMAL people donā€™t clean it as fast as the ā€œnerdsā€ claimed.
As a priest, even at 587 i couldnā€™t finish a T7 solo until i depleted everything because of unavoidable damages even after switching to holy priest.

Delves needed better tweaks: A little nerf on the bosses in solo and maybe a little buff in group but not this.

6 Likes

It was nakedly obvious they were going to add more ranks or scale them up, much like m0s now, when season 2 starts and we lose Brann.

Thatā€™s very fair, my comment was in regard to the relative difficulty, not absolute. Delves are disproportionately difficult for most everyone now (post-hotfix), such that they are neither fun, nor sufficiently rewarding to justify the time and effort invested in them for most classes.

1 Like

Itā€™s always a laugh when players highlight something wrong with the game, and the devs swoop in and fix it a few hours later.

Beta? What the hell is that?!

2 Likes

Maybe expert tongue polishers of Blizzards boots will take that. But most of us will just eventually get our fill and unsub rather than being told weā€™re allowed 1% of progress per week regardless of our skill level or time commitment, because itā€™s transparent money grubbing trying draw out maximum sub renewals for 6 months for an actual grand total of maybe 100 hours worth of content over that time. People are quick to act blind and pretend there hasnā€™t been mass exoduses every second expansion for the past decade. You want the barren game that was BfA, SL or WoD. Go right ahead and keep it up

5 Likes

A marketing event and nothing more.

4 Likes

wellā€¦so much for ā€œdelves are faceroll kekā€.
I knew that wouldnā€™t last long.

Psure weā€™ve got like 6 months per season so Iā€™ll just do the delves Iā€™m geared for and take the vault gear to gear up to higher level ones.

I donā€™t mind spending my keys moving up the gear ladder.

I was doing solo T6 easy and T7 I could get to the end boss solo with some gear slots still under i560. Well below the suggested minimum for both.

So yea, we got about 6 months of S1 left to get geared up for S2.

Just content creators, and only if people are enjoying themselves it seems. Changes they know are bad they may do at night before they leave so they can ignore the average player more.

1 Like

The solution would be to make more tiers (harder ones for each tier) with better rewards? Thereā€™s no point in doing 12ā€™s but to do the Zekvirā€™s challenge, make more tiers and make Zekvir hard like a mage tower type of hard. Instead they decided to punish everyone that didnā€™t already dos their Delves and made It too much trouble for meh loot. Next reset people will totally forget about It to do M+ instead. Itā€™s completely out of logic what they did, this is almost a full El0n type of thinking

3 Likes