Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

MY tin foils is they test with dev edited chars.

Works for me!

Sure it does…its probably a theoretical max setup. that players would not have.

t8, no way I could go higher and it was a slog. And there is one delv I didnt bother with to try because it was hell on mage…the Underkeep? has the end boss that spawns the adds that you have to kill or they empower the boss?

I don’t have many keys as war is the alt so figured I’d just skip the ones I hate.

But did waterworks, shroom one in dorn, and earthcrawl.

I agree as to how illogical the hotfix was. Most people only do the delves because there are (currently) relevant ilvl upgrades associated therewith. Once M+ and Mythic Raids are out next week, delve content will be irrelevant for many / most. Why they decided to buff delves / nerf players now is truly confusing. If they only intend to gate cosmetic rewards, just add more levels of difficulty.

3 Likes

You’re supposed to be a druid.

They are still clinging to the misconception that the casuals/solo players who were told the content was designed specifically for them would find this an inspiration to git gud.

3 Likes

About to run some delves from the sounds of it about to be a long night lol

Thanks for ruining the only fun part of the game! :+1:

Does not a single person on the dev team play delves? These are the most tone deaf changes ever and ignored the ACTUAL issues with the content.

15 Likes

I mean you still get infinite tries, its just now instead of being punished for releasing, you just get punished for dying which will simply cause more volatility in groups. Given once you hit the counter then all you have to do is run out and reset like before.

1 Like

The issue is, solo (even Tier 5) has reports of the first pack of enemies hitting over 4M or higher-end elites 2-shot with auto-melee attacks. Skills isn’t an issue when the entire system was broken by a Hot Fix that wasn’t even needed.

4 Likes

Where’s your data to back this up? If there wasnt a market for solo player activities they wouldnt have added Delves. I’m not saying they haven’t made a mistake in the total changes, but groups should have the same difficulty as a solo player to finish given the audience for Delves.

1 Like

Gird your loins.

Totally with you here. We were in the Earthen Delve on the Isle of Dorn - our geared tank (exceeding the recommended gear level) couldn’t last the ticks from the mushroom rare. The rest of the instance was fine, but those AOE ticks aren’t working right. I never post on here, but this is absolutely insane.

1 Like

I thought I would enjoy delves but I just really don’t with the ping-pong balancing and stuff hitting for absurd amounts. It could’ve been cool but it seems like they’re just determined to make it the least amount of fun as possible

5 Likes

Even before this change, I was expecting a decent challenge. You know, having to use my full toolkit and pay close attention to heroic-like mechanics on tier 8.

I wasn’t expecting to have to wait for all of my CD’s between each pack and have to kite midway to let brann kill them because I have no more defensives after 15 seconds.

9 Likes

I think you’re right. Likely, they hoped that this hotfix would fly under the radar, and that the people who care about gear as it impacts performance wouldn’t notice because they wouldn’t care about ‘solo content’ like delves.

Same! Venom volley melted my entire party. I had defensives up as a warlock. Still killed me.

1 Like

Like, I’m a ret paladin with sustain and im still chunking my mana with WoG trying to survive this absurdly over-tuned content. Visions and Torghast were never this unmitigatedly difficult.

6 Likes

you draenei deserve NO DELVES.

Quite funny - They’ve done nothing to address this yet. Not even a post to acknowledge they F’d up.

Little F ups like this, Just prove the slow decline behind the skill set of the company lol

6 Likes

for the love of god nerf the damage, remove the lives, the point of these damn things are fun and enjoyable casual content not torgast mythic instant death bull crap, these delves absolute suck WAY OVERTUNED and nearly unplayable solo as a caster.

19 Likes

yeaaah as someone soloing them on aug evoker being hit for 4 million means im at 100k HP

2 Likes