Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

Yes, and that is why people are annoyed. It’s not that the system is bad, rather it just needs to be better tuned for people who are actually going to use delves as evergreen content, and not a zerg to gear up for something else.

3 Likes

I agree they need tuning but based on your posts about failing the low Tiers I don’t know how they would nerf them enough for you.

honestly your first mistake was expecting chris metzen, a story writer, to be of any use whatsoever on game balance concerns, thats Ions department

they ran a softening Ion’s image PR campaign at the same time, if you recall.

It wasn’t just M+ players. Groups in general were fast clearing 8’s under geared. That’s why you still see 585 iLevel players complaining they can’t do 8’s which have a reco’d iLevel of 600+

Did you think it was right for players to be having no issues in the hardest difficulty in Seasonal progression content under geared?

considering the gear it gives is objectively infinitely worse ilvl than mythic raiding and mythic dungeon gear will be at the top end and theres literally never going to be a way to be on par with them? yeah.

That still doesn’t mean the delves rewards shouldn’t be matched to their difficulty. Yes, it’ll be lower overall, but it wasn’t intended to be easy enough to complete 20-30 ilevels below the recommended.

1 Like

This is how it looks like when retards are calling the shots who are not even playing their own game.

1 Like

Because my Healer can dish out stupid damage? Literally specced and geared to do damage (no mastery, mainly). The issue with healers in delves has nothing to do with output, and everything to do with arbitrary role-based tuning slamming them into the dirt.

It does depend on the delve though. Some are manageable some are face slaps.

Uhh you gear up through Delves since that’s your end game prog. What does M+ or Mythic Raiding have to do with anything?

because if you’re doing nothing but delves to gear its going to take you several months to have good enough gear to do tier 8 let alone 11 delves because delves gives about as many valorstones to upgrade your gear as huffing paint fumes in the garage, for one. Point being, if one of the supposed progression activities is never goiung to have gear on par with the other 2 progression activities then it isnt progression, its an attempt to keep people subbed for 6 months via a hastily constructed distraction that will get no new content for that entire season if ever

K m+ isn’t progression and never has been.

Mythic raid always gives better loot.

If they had not changed the damage since they created these Delves, then what happened to make them nightmare scenarios like instant shots out of the blue? Our guild members are finding the Delves are not that easy and in some cases really being bricked when the group that goes in is killed by something out of the blue. They end up with 4 out of 5 lives being done and not having even gotten to the boss yet. Some tried them as solo but a warlock or a hunter like myself, can’t solo because the damage it off the charts.

When I first started them they were fun and doable solo, but I can’t solo any of them at this point and all these changes occurred after the last patch. I don’t mind difficult but if I’m supposed to be able to solo this, with all the bugs and increase in damage ratchetted up so much that I’m killed inside the entry tunnel before I even get to the first room.

So far only a very few specs can manage these like the Death Knight or Demon Hunter or even someone who already has maxed out their gear to the level available so far. Not many of us have managed to even get to ilvl 600 yet, with many still working up to the mid-500s.

1 Like

Of course it’s progression and it’s more than players who don’t want to run M+ and Raids have ever had.

Only raid matters don’t you know? It gives the best loot.

M+ vaults are inferior trash.

I assume you mean an 8 which reco’s 600+ iLevel gear and you’re sub 580 so of course you should be having issues. Drop down Tiers until you can do them.

They best figure it out, because I’m not the only one with wq gear complaining about delves.

No I’ve only gotten to a delve 5 so far solo, and that was a week ago. Managed with a group to finally get to 7. But I do not have sufficient gear score yet to even attempt an 8. I would rather do the lower level delves for a while until I can get my ilvl up there. I’m raiding with my guild but we have very few who have reached ilvl 600 yet, most of us are still working toward it.

However, solo is still hard even at lower levels since that last patch. Duos seem to manage from what I’m hearing in guild chat, but some really wanted to do groups of 4 or five with friends and those are nightmares now.

“heres some crumbs guys, arent we at blizzard so beneficent”

1 Like

I like the posts that start with the 1st sentence as “I’ve been playing since beta”.

Put’s the whole thing in to context no?

lol

1 Like