Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

Revert the changes.
Let Brann tank and chuck
Let people enjoy the game.

Reach out to organise my salary.

i think its more of a bug than luck, cause both of then engage with me when i pull one

I wonder did they make another change cause now doing a delve this morning on my rogue and Iā€™ve noticed Brann holds 0 aggro now, while also seeeming to love to just run off and pull more mob who immediately run to me instead of him despite me having done 0 damage or healing to or near them.

Evoker is fine for +8.

Donā€™t mistake people struggling with people playing correctly and still failing.

I had the opposite experience in duos last night where in the middle of the run Bran seemed to suddenly start doing way more damage and could actually hold aggro. We also experienced the running to narnia thing so we had to start taunting stuff because he was actually holding aggro on it to avoid Bran running into other groups. And by way more damage I mean sometimes he just deleted whole packs in a GCD without using execute. And I donā€™t mean the little mobs that every delve has but the middle difficulty ones.

I think I just need clarification from Blizzard on delves. Are these meant to be solo or group because they canā€™t be both apparently. And what role is meant to play them because Iā€™m finding it a very different experience if Iā€™m tank or dps solo. Havenā€™t tried healer yet but Iā€™ve assumed nothing is for healer solo.

Why would you heal a delve in the first place? Everybody has a DPS spec and get this you change it anywhere even in delvesā€¦

Why canā€™t they be both?

Is there a reason why people canā€™t complete delves solo while also being able to complete them as a group?

1 Like

We Need Big Nerf HP mobs as group. Run T1 with lvl 80 (4 man), Boss has 30 milion hp. Very slow run. With lvl 70 u are too fast please balance HP and damage on mobs

Apparently not for Blizzard.

1 Like

I ran an 8+ delve on my Presvoker. It was difficult in spots, but doable. Itā€™s really just situational awareness and moving. The Bosses telegraph their big attacks with enough time to move away. Branā€™s dps was all over the place, so I barely relied on his help.

yeah, why do you think Mythic dungeons are popular. unless you;re going for top key ever they also are minimal effort for maximum gear

1 Like

Delves are the reason I returned to Retail
Delves are the reason Iā€™m going back to Classic.

5 Likes

You can already do that by dropping down to a Tier 6 or below.

Very true, but if we continue down this path, then delves continue to evolve into progression content and slowly all the interesting stuff will get squeezed out as the demands of tuning dominate the design choices,

I personally would prefer delves develop in a different direction, less about min-maxing about more about quirky and varied events.

1 Like

So you donā€™t want Tiers of difficulty?

If they dont want easy-to-obtain delve high iLvl gear to make Mythic and raids trivial, then put a gear level modifier on delve gear like they do for PVP content.

Delve gear is iLvl 613 but PVE level 593, then you can keep delve progression doable and fun for solo people.

Creates a different treadmill for people who want to do delves without bleeding over and affecting relative mythic rewards.

I mean, if tier of difficulty is all theyve got then that means end of expansion we;re still just doing a bunch of delves that are always gonna be ā€œcome in with good enough gear. CC the same mobs in the same spots every time. Pop the same cooldowns on every mob. repeat until cleared and grab lootā€ at which point delves are functionally just one man mythic dungeons with worse gear than mythic dungeons

Its not like theres much variance in them as is past ā€œwhat kinda mobs are in it and whether we;re rescuing npcs or looting 6 things that are functionally just inanimate objects that serve the same function as captured earthenā€

1 Like

Players have been asking for solo/small group prog and this is what it looks like.

so its just as boring as mythic dungeons but will also be hailed by the people who do mythic dungeons as somehow entertaining when they run grim batol for the 500th time to add 6 ilvl to their trinket

1 Like