Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

Checking the achieves of some of the people arguing in favor of the delve changes. Some of them haven’t even cleared a T4 yet. They’re not even playing the game, just taking out some bizarre one-sided grudge on people…?

Delve achieves aren’t shared across accounts. They’re per character. I’ve been solo’ing 8s for great vault, but it only shows a 3 on this character from like 2 weeks ago

Find another hobby than defending bad changes to content you aren’t even doing.

I have my privacy settings set so you should only be able to see this toons history.
And I haven’t done anything other than gather and quest on this toon.

If you can see my other toons achievements and history we have a big problem with the privacy settings.

Get better at the game

What I don’t understand is why the tiers recommend such a high ilvl, but reward much less. For example, tier 5 recommends ilvl 567+, but may reward ilvl 554 gear if you are lucky. Am I missing something, or is that just how it is?

1 Like

because of bountiful.

Dear Blizzard,

You’ve nerfed Brann to such an extent that I’d rather go without him. He now contributes nothing other than visual clutter. Please give us an option to leave Brann at the entrance, he can play some games on his smartphone or something.

5 Likes

Hmm. Has anybody managed Zekvir since the adjustments?

It’s weird because I’ve had him pop off in delves doing 50 million damage to a pack then other times contributing, like, 1 million. Or just…nothing?

1 Like

Or negative contribution in the form of pulling an entire room as he runs around like a rat while doing nothing useful.

2 Likes

Tried 1x at i590 or close to it and got rolf stomped in like 10 seconds on my shadow priest. ( I don’t know the fight either)
Haven’t been back since.

Figured I’d go back after I was 600+ and had some time to figure out the fight.

Have to abuse the cheeks out of Dominate Mind and Fade to make sure you are never tanking anything.

So just like an actual Hunter. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Theres mobs to mind control in there?

It was just me and the boss
I pulled
He casted frontal cone
I avoided
Saw a mob/egg thing spawning on the edge of the fight area
I moved to get in range of the egg thing and died about 1-2 seconds later to whatever it was that killed me.

But way worse, particularly if you are disc because you do not even get an interrupt.

almost everything is marked as humanoid, you can even control a lot of the 30m hp elites.

1 Like

hmm, didn’t know that… thank you…

Can I mind control that huge bug off the cliff in the under water one?

The one that we have to free the niffen in.

One of them is in a small area with a huge bug with like 40M-65M HP on T8 and it always kills me.

Unfortunately, you’re not missing anything. The high-end gear is only bountifuls, which I learned tonight clearing a T8 with a group and getting 567 gear. Did a T7 before that, got basically questing gear. Big waste of time.

To give you an idea, a bountiful T5 tonight gave me ilvl 584 gear, so it’s better to do a bountiful T5 than a normal T8. Outside of the bountiful delves, the only reason to do higher delves is for laughs, challenge, or to raise your weekly rewards from vault.

1 Like

Since these latest changes, I have just went back to doing most of my delves solo. Hunter and Guardian druid can solo 8’s without much issue, even in mediocre (580+) gear.

My Arms Warrior is completely screwed, though. I can’t solo 8’s and have to rely on groups, so I am just putting her on the back burner for now until I end up changing her to Protection and trying.

If you can MC it you can just use “walk to” pet bind to walk it away from you before the MC ends then reMC it for the entire Delve. The bugs are annoying though, model is too big and makes it hard to see anything.

You could use it until it is close to death from other mobs hitting it then just kill it I guess.

Make sure you use Dominate Mind, not MC, MC stinky.

1 Like

This is what I’m afraid of. I’ve shelved my ele shaman, my affliction warlock and my evoker dps because I wanted to concentrate on my hunter. Now I’ve found my hunter getting nerfed and hearing other folks on locks and evokers having issues too. I wanted to heal on my shaman but our raid leader is having issues with her shaman healer as all of a sudden her spells are either not firing off or she has to totally depend only on totems which is not optimal.

My hunter use to do quite well in raids, but even in the new lfr mine hit like a wet noodle, totally different than she was doing before that patch a few weeks ago. Good Lord Bliz get your sh*t together and fix your messes!