Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

For tala skip her with a invis pot or have her be on the wall hugging it an you on the opposite wall booking it to get plast her before she moves again

Well it’s been a few days now and after doing a bunch of these in 2’s I can say this, the delves are even easier than pre hotfix but everything just takes like 10x longer to kill so I’m wasting more of my time being bored of this system when pre hotfix it was just as easy but stuff died faster and I enjoyed doing delves because they only took 5-10 minutes, way to go blizzard!

What do you mean? Everyone should have a dps and a healer option. Might want to look up and see what to do to unlock it. I don’t remember if I had to unlock it or always had but I had it very early on.

Soooo, delves aren’t for solo players? I’m doing a tier 8 on a ilvl 580 ret paladin and get two shot by a Kobold Taskfinder… I even healed myself for 1, 738,200 after the first 2,636,371 Blazing wick, even though the tool tip says and I quote “Blasts fire from their candle inflicting 760,022 fire damage to all enemies in front of the caster every 0.5 sec for 4 secs.” I got hit twice, yes I know I should have moved quicker, but the second tick hit me for 2,500,198. whats the math here? The damn kobold even melees for 600k+…I shouldn’t have to fully buff up for tier 8s. Flask, food and everything else I have doesn’t help, can’t pull more then 2 baddies or its insta death… WHY?

3 Likes

I guess they are just group dungeons now, not really for solo players outside of tanks. Got a 598 Dk, getting owned by Waxface in frost spec and unholy.
OVERTUNED FOR SOLO NOW!

5 Likes

I seem to recall some years ago this issue of who does the tuning and testing of what they just created and boy did that bring out a lively discussion. Mostly negative. When I started seeing how badly my characters were doing after doing so well before a patch, I began to believe whoever “managed these balances” actually had no idea what they were doing.

If someone actually played a particular spec and was responsible for balancing, you would think they would realize the imbalance. When someone who does not play a particular spec, but does its balancing so poorly, they should be shoved out the air lock of a spaceship for such poor work.

My opinion on this subject has not changed over the years and remains the same today. I do not believe they have people balancing who actually play the specs they are trying to balance for. If you do not understand the mechanics of the spec, how on earth are you going to do a good job of balancing?

This holds true for events as well. If you have no idea how something you balance in an event like a dungeon, or in this case a Delve, affects the various specs players use for those events…then it becomes a total failure with poor quality work.

2 Likes

The sad thing is they won’t be soloable until you don’t need the loot at the end. Basically, when I’m Ilvl 620, then I’ll be killing and surviving these end bosses no problem. What a joke these things turned out to be. I truly didn’t even think they could ruin this so fast.

7 Likes

Doesn’t take long for something that was fun to play to be totally ruined because someone who just looks at the numbers to calculate how they “should” work, manages to muck it up.

8 Likes

I shall try that, but not sure why my delve Bronzebeard doesn’t show everything yours does. I wonder if its related to his ilevel? Mine is still below 15.

He won’t get owned in blood spec. I know, I know tank shouldn’t be the only answer, but as DK you have the option and can still succeed in the meantime.

Trust me I’d rather do them as Havoc, it would be so much faster.

Hmm, maybe? I am fairly confident Branny Boy had healer option from the get go. Out of curiosity, do you have any healing-type curios for him?

It this is the current fix go back and give your heads a shake. Solo getting one shot, Duo is no better. Bran is 20 but you cant upgrade his skills so hes useless as a healer.

Delves are currently garbage.

They were a fun challenge for casuals that have now been ruined by the same crew you bring in to alpha and beta test the exp, There is more players who arent world first raiders then are and you lose sight of that every exp and the result is garbage for weeks.

6 Likes

I just wanted to come by and say you essentially ruined the delves, go F#@! yourselves everyone who has involved in any of the tuning over the last couple of days.

2 Likes

I did my first Delve on a level 70, and I had the option for dps Bran or healer Bran right out of the box. Leveled him to 15 while I leveled to 74. There are no restrictions.

This right here is the reason why fun is always broken in the game. They just sit and look at spreadsheets instead of looking at user feedback. People were enjoying delves and getting gear, cosmetics, currencies. Now it’s just another part of the game that casual solo players will just ignore completely.

3 Likes

We have people that don’t know how to play, and are surprised they die.

Like that paladin complaining he can’t heal through blazing wick.

2 Likes

For something that was claimed to be top priority, this sure is taking a long while to fix.
For the most part these were fun and now you’ve just hotfixed all the fun out of them.

3 Likes

I did but I had to get lucky and kill them one at a time, Velo I found stands still to do his Void strike so you can “kite” him by running away when he starts casting it forcing him to endless try to void strike you but never being able to land it (I bet blizzard will “Fix” this soon and have him able to move and cast void strike at the same time)

As for Tala you just have to burst her down and only interrupt the poison volley as that hits for 2 million with a 1 million a tick dot while the web blast “only” hits for 1 million.

Do not try to fight them at the same time though as while they’re both alive a shield bounces between them making one of them take 99% less damage every 30 seconds for 30 seconds.

For a game in which, we pay a monthly fee plus expensive expansions, you should not be chipmunks and hired a dedicated QA testing team instead of adding beta access as epic version advantage. That way you could probably test this before going live

1 Like

What lv are you doing? i did 8-9 and by now(was able to complete when they were not there) but i top trying when i found then in the 10 one.

Both poison volley and web blast were hitting for 2.kk+

How can you burst any of then down when both hit like this:
https://i.imgur.com/d3vWafS.png

3 seconds, this was the 9

And i have no idea how did you kite then, one heroic leap and i was dead already, almost infinite range