Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

Your fix to your fix is terrible. This update should be rolled back to the pre-9/12 update. The entire delve system is now a bait switch from the quick “do you have 15 min” marketing ads littered on social media. GG killing your key box feature the first week of the season.

11 Likes

Didnt they promise a hotfix for this today?

What happened?

They said they were working on fixing their fix for group scaling. They broke everything. Zekvir is more impossible now on ?? than he was before, since Brann doesn’t do jack.

To quote Xalatath, they promised NOTHING, but they gave everything. At least, everything they’re going to give. They did a hotfix, but it didn’t really fix the issue. They think they only minorly tweaked the damage, they’re not bothering to test it themselves, just pushing out numbers to see what sticks.

I posted their fixes earlier, up about 100 responses.

It’s almost like as we get gear and different things like gems and items like the gear from delves will be pointless. Have fun doing delves for zero reason.

Either you quoted the wrong person here, or you didn’t realize that I wrote that comment hours before the second Delve hotfix happened.

Did a T10 with a group today, got slapped around pretty hard. Some mobs felt like I was fighting a boss fight with how much health they had. Both of my 2min trinks came off CD during certain non-boss encounters

Tier 10 is advertised as ilvl 620 lol.

Lmao we were a bit undergeared for it, that’s for sure

These did NOT work. Delves are still broken.

7 Likes

Delves are fine, 8s are easy.

2 Likes

Didn’t have much issue with +8 on my Priest today. It feels slower as a solo player now but it feels easier to survive. Bran is behaving different on DPS though it seems… less balls to the wall 24/7. Not a fan of the mobs (casters) that never lose agro on you though but it’s easy to LOS and kite them.

Shaman, Druid, DK and Rogue. Unable to progress with any semblance of possibility. These delves were fun to get gear to eventually work on Raids or Mythics. I don’t understand the point of having to do the reverse for these delves. Why must I or anyone have to gear ourselves so heavily to do this feature.

My group is capable of doing Mythics even during this trial period with an average GS of 680 among the group and yet we can’t complete a majority of these Delves. The damage even in a solo Delve Tier 8 is absolutely ludicrous. The only people I’ve seen successfully complete these delves is only tanks because their setup to take these crazy hits. This isn’t a gearing issue, this is a damage issue. 2mil hits from non elite mobs doesn’t make sense.

Either reduce the damage by half and double the HP/double the mob count or change Brans abilities. I understand we should be getting new delve companions but Brans ability set as a healer makes it way too movement intensive. I don’t understand how all the games I’ve been playing lately have changed to simply increasing damage and health pools as a difficulty increase. Lacks all imagination. I recall doing Heroics where the difficult increase was a focus on fight mechanics. Increasing the penalty of ignoring a mechanic. Currently, as a reference, each boss has some form of AOE where if not avoided, results in absolute death with only 1 option available to all classes.

Summary, if you want to make a fight encounter more difficult or interesting, adjust the mechanics damage or add another debuff to the mechanic if ignored/caught. Don’t just adjust the damage, you’re only telling the player to stack more stamina and defense abilities.

Welcome to The War Within of the Blizzard dev team.

2 Likes

You don’t need gear, just skill?

Like gear helps, but it’s far from necessary.

I can count the number of dungeons I’ve done at max level over the past few expansions on like, two hands. I do more PVP than PVE, by a wide wide margin. At least that was the case before this expansion.

Going into TWW I didnt even know what a delve was until I got a quest for one while leveling. Caught totally by surprise I found myself actually REALLY enjoying doing these solo on my 80 WW and Spriest (T8 highest I’ve completed on each). So much so that when I log in I think about doing delves and maybe even gearing up for and getting in to mythics before I think about PvP, which is an absolute 180 for me.

Except, whatever series of different “fixes” you people at Blizzardsoft put no thought or testing into yet decided to just implement anyway, have crapped hard on the experience. Just randomly getting bodied out of nowhere by trash mobs, like screen flashes red after the first hit while I still have 98% of it’s health bar to go is just… Can no longer Fade off threat from anything that casts spells - just a single Shadow Word: Pain tic, JUST ONE TIC, and apparently that’s enough damage / threat that Fade not only doesn’t “remove all threat” it can’t even remove ANY threat from casters. And that’s just a couple of examples of this bizarre “wtf did you dollar store talent hack devs do to a perfectly fine and fun game mode” decision making effecting delves.

Just revert everything you’ve done to ruin delves in the past few days and don’t touch it until you’ve got it right. Of course I won’t hold my breath for sensical decison making from Blizzard, that would just be 100 naive at this point in the comapny’s life. I don’t even know why I’m surprised. Dev team takes a dump in it’s own bed, again. Shocking. Stay tuned for more breaking news @ 11.

I predicted long be4 TWW came out that delves would be a hot mess that noboby would want to do. Turns out i was right. Broken Game run by tone-deaf devs working for a company that is owned by a multi-trillion dollar corporation that only cares about getting as many of their product out the door as fast as possible regardless if its finished or not.

1 Like

I guess you want us to run the Delves when we don’t need the gear? Is that it? Not a good plan in my opinion.

2 Likes

Except its not duos are currently the best way to do delves either tank/healer, tank/dps, or dps/healer cleared all 4 bountiful delves no deaths no issues just me and a tank buddy (im a druid healer).

5man groups are definitely a slog now in t8. 4man isnt to bad compared to 5 but man somthing needs to be done.

1 Like