Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

You didnt get unlimited tries before, dummy. You always had to have someone use a life to revive, so at most you had 5 party wipes.

1 Like

Instead of saying “Hey balance ain’t great, enjoy it until patch on Tuesday” they go and “fix it” aka make it worse then say ah stuff it, lets have the weekend off and we’ll get to it at some point…

5 Likes

It drops 606. at 600 you should be able to do it with a minor amount of effort, otherwise it’s out of whack

1 Like

At around that item level on a healer it definitely does not feel “trivial” nor does it feel “hard”. It just feels like resigning yourself to waste 40 minutes as you watch Bran slowly beat the delve to death with a pool noodle while doing everything you can to never pull threat.

7 Likes

Did we get a beta for this expac?

4 Likes

Which is actually antithetical to their adverts that talked about finishing a delve in the time it takes to make a pot of coffee

3 Likes

Yeah they took the horrible Key Depletion mechanic and managed to make it even worse lol

but … but blizzard’s great support and enthusiast Keenie (who is apparently a person of a great skill as well, WOW) said they already completed difficulty delve +56 with no deaths and its too easy

3 Likes

I could understand nerfing brans damage heavily for people playing a dps spec, but tanks and healers really need him carrying a lot of the damage output and it really hurt to lose it.

5 Likes

You are living it :confused:

10 Likes

try again as a fury warrior. let me know how that goes.

only play this pally here, but I don’t doubt that paladin’s kit - expansive as it is - really makes trivial work of content like this. The ideal solo class. I was more commenting how, relatively speaking, that with the same class, same build, same gear, same brann loadout, two 10s were very different in overall difficulty.

Have you tried Tek-Rethan Abyss? that did seem much more chill than Underkeep at 10.

DPS needed his damage because his healing is horrible. Right now he is only worth even using as a DPS. Give him a tank spec for DPS to use.

6 Likes

I don’t play healing specs, but I suspect that this is spot on. I laughed at this… hard… and now I can’t get the image out of my mind.

Well done!

2 Likes

Your fixes, they did nothing.

8 Likes

They are still poorly tuned for groups.

I can kill things significantly faster as a solo guardian druid 580 ilvl alt in t8 than we can kill them 2 manning with a tank + healer with two people close to 600 ilvl with a mid 30s Brann.

On the first day we could kill things in a t11 probably twice as fast 2 manning with a level 15 Brann as we can currently kill things in a T8 with a mid 30s Brann.

This was comparing two Earthcrawl mines t8 bountifuls.

Thursday night four of us and Bronzebeard ran a lvl 4 delve only to be hit with unexpected and invisible damage out of the blue just past the first part of the tunnel into the room with mobs waiting. There was the Mushroom mini-boss immediately to our left as we entered and immediately we all were dead and Bronze was just sailing around on his mount.

No warning, nothing showed up on our debuff bars nor could we tell what killed us all. With only 5 lives to start with and then 4 getting demolished almost immediately after engaging this min-boss, there was no way our delve would succeed, we had to abandon it entirely. What a waste with such restrictions at only a level 4 delve.

Do not know what Bliz has done but its obviously a failure. You can’t adjust for something you cannot see or anticipate because there are no tells for it. Not even a sound from Bronzebeard or a whoosh or any other sound that could cue the players into incoming attacks.

3 Likes

Sorry, badly written hash tag. I was trying to say give us a Brann tank spec. Unfortunately there still isn’t one. :frowning:

2 Likes

I wondered about this. Why isn’t there a Brann tank spec
As a mage I would just prefer him to tank. I can heal myself just keep the crap off me

4 Likes

With the 9/13 changes 2 man groups have some trash mobs with 50m hp at t8. End bosses for solo players at t8 have 69m HP.

Is this now balanced with the idea that a group might be all meta DPS specs or something?

2 Likes