Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

Running non-bountiful T8 Earthcrawl as I type this. These are beefy spiders.
Plus I found the new Zekvir mobs, Velo and Tala – ascended, 30M hp each. That’s gonna be a fun pull.

It’s impossible right now, so don’t even worry.

1 Like

I love how Scrubs seems to weasel its way into any thread so easily. This is like the second time ive seen it referenced in a couple days.

2 Likes

Really weird stuff. I think this wasn’t implemented right, as the two heralds auto for 2m and each have casts that hit for 3, 4 million damage. Also the rest of the delve required a tank and a healer for the two of us just for normal trash that we could kill without difficulty hours before.

1 Like

It’s one of the shows I occasionally link gifs from, which probably helps.

3 Likes

There was a screenshot shared in Acherus post-fix of a blood DK getting clapped for 42 million by a regular melee attack from the boss at the end of T9 Nightfall.

Great tuning.

9 Likes

Its a gear issue though - truly. Tier 8 is meant for 610…something nobody has and yet its still doable at 590 (and less but 590 felt much better than…less haha)

How could you not? Almost every scene is worthy of a gif. Dr Cox is one of my favorite characters in media. The episode with Brendan Fraser as his best friend will stay with me forever.

1 Like

Are they CC immune?

Curious if I can make one repent or if I need to just fight both at the same time.

Tier 8 is 600 ilvl recommended which many people are at. It is not a gear issue, it is a scaling issue.

12 Likes

You’re not aware of the new hotfix bugs, huh?

1 Like

Update:
Velo and Tala slapped me down. The 1.5M hits weren’t the bad part, it was the constant venom volley. I love how casters don’t get locked out of their schools anymore, what an amazing change for TWW.

I did get the caster down to 20% but then Brann died on me and I was toast.
They’re immune to all CC I’m pretty sure.

2 Likes

what a stupid change

26 Likes

Im sorry but the revive change is dumb…so is boosting health…they already have to much and still hit to hard WTF is going on with blizzard?

Why are mobs hitting for 10mil plus as well basic trash lol

3 Likes

What ilvl is going to help you survive 5m auto attack hits? 700?

17 Likes

because theyve had enough of peoples abuse.

Not sure - just did a t9 20min ago but not gonna try t10 because my il is 590.

But Im solo though - not group.

But I was doing t8 at like 580…and it was rough, had to spec specifically for it, pick up health pots, bandaids, …arsenal. I also play games like darksouls so I just expect death…ha.

But once I hit 590, t8 became cake. I noticed a big time survival boost.

Edit: To be clear, I don’t have an opinion in difficulty. Just trying to be encouraging as far as gear upgrades impacting the difficulty.

They found out about our pocket rezzers. They really want to make delves super hard but also so hard that many people will ignore it.

Solo tank is way way way way too hard now after this change. It is ruined.

6 Likes

I don’t have proof because it didn’t occur to me to take note as to why I felt like I took far less damage with higher item level…as a mage. So not tank—which would make sense. Dots, aoe…felt like they hit less hard, and I doubt it was my HP difference because…mage.

But I have a sneaky suspicion that they tied item level to how hard npcs hit. not sure how they could possibly scale it up appropriately otherwise, but I have no idea.